Known for his soulful grit and atmospheric highs, Devon’s Jamie Yost blends his own take on poetic lyricism and introspective songwriting. His performances are not shy of raw emotion with comparisons to Daughter, Bon Iver and Matt Corby.
Finding inspiration in family, friends and growing up in the sea side town of Torquay, Jamie draws upon personal experiences to write. Themes of retrospect and introspect inspire Yost to produce material that comes from a very personal space. “Passionate performances with Artists completely lost in their music have always inspired me to create. Artists like Ben Howard, Dermot Kennedy and Noah Gundersen have always spoken to me.“
Jamie’s work fuses together a combination of crafts, from stripped back lap style guitar to Indie folk / Pop. Working with multi instrumentalists in a four piece the live performances produce a sound that would seem greater than what you’d expect.
Based in Plymouth the singer songwriter spent 2017 writing and recordi...
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Live Music Venues Private Function Events Weddings
- Who are your previous clients?I have played live gigs all around the UK in many prestigious venues. I have played numerous Weddings. I have played numerous Private Parties.
- How long do you play for?I can play from 1 hr to around 3 hrs.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have my own PA.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Only a small amount of space is required dependant of the venue size.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I would 100% be able to learn it but it will be an extra fee to learn.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I can do it with or without. Only short breaks are needed.
I can play a 2 - 3 sets of covers and or originals. Full PA provided.
Covers Set + Many more
All along the watchtower - Bob Dylan
Don't let me down - The Beatles
At Last - Etta James