Known for his soulful grit and atmospheric highs, Devon’s Jamie Yost blends his own take on poetic lyricism and introspective songwriting. His performances are not shy of raw emotion with comparisons to Daughter, Bon Iver and Matt Corby.
Finding inspiration in family, friends and growing up in the sea side town of Torquay, Jamie draws upon personal experiences to write. Themes of retrospect and introspect inspire Yost to produce material that comes from a very personal space. “Passionate performances with Artists completely lost in their music have always inspired me to create. Artists like Ben Howard, Dermot Kennedy and Noah Gundersen have always spoken to me.“
Jamie’s work fuses together a combination of crafts, from stripped back lap style guitar to Indie folk / Pop. Working with multi instrumentalists in a four piece the live performances produce a sound that would seem greater than what you’d expect.
Based in Plymouth the singer songwriter spent 2017 writing and recording his debut EP ‘Aurora’ which released on April 27th 18’ with a sell-out show at The Barbican Theatre. Yost has since spent the last year recording and touring and sharing stages with the likes of Nathan Ball, country duo Ward Thomas and the incredible Newton Faulkner. He is set to release a new EP next year ahead of his latest single ‘Smoke’.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Live Music Venues Private Function Events Weddings
- Who are your previous clients?I have played live gigs all around the UK in many prestigious venues. I have played numerous Weddings. I have played numerous Private Parties.
- How long do you play for?I can play from 1 hr to around 3 hrs.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have my own PA.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Only a small amount of space is required dependant of the venue size.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I would 100% be able to learn it but it will be an extra fee to learn.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I can do it with or without. Only short breaks are needed.
I can play a 2 - 3 sets of covers and or originals. Full PA provided.
Covers Set + Many more
All along the watchtower - Bob Dylan
Don't let me down - The Beatles
At Last - Etta James
Higher and Higher - Jackie Wilson
Aint No Sunshine - Bill Withers
Wicked Game - Chris Issac
Mans World - James Brown
Last Request - Paolo Nutini
No Diggity - Thrift Shop
Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen
Closer - Kings of Leon
Beautiful Escape - Tom Misch
Little Black Submarines - The Black Keys
Nightcall - Kavinsky
Talk is Cheap - Chet Faker
Worry - Jack Garratt
Need it - Half Moon Run
Stronger than me - Amy Winehouse
I'd rather go blind - Etta James
A change gonna come - Sam Cooke
Iron Sky - Paolo Nutini
This is Love - Will Heard
Almost cut my hair - Corsbys, Still, Nash & Young
Knife Edge - Matt Corby
This World - Charles Bradley
Your The One That I Want - Grease
Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
What A Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong