James Polley Photography
A unique Professional Wedding Photographer who specialises in personalising the day to suit you.. I will capture your day picking out your personalities whilst creating a story that you will never forget, having the images to share for a life time.
On the day, let me help unload any stress by helping manage your day, making sure everyone is in the right place at the right time.
Let's have a chat over coffee (and a slice of cake) and talk about your day and what you want.
Katie• July 13, 2019
James was truly amazing! We are truly overwhelmed with our photo's. He was exactly what we wanted and more! I cannot write a review to describe how grateful and blown away by him we and all our guests were! Thank you James from the bottom of our hearts!
Mark Johnson• Feb. 9, 2019
I have used James's photography skills on several different occasions and am very pleased with the results.
He has photo'd both my racing bike and 4x4 racer at speed which on both occasions i was more than pleased to commision towards my team and sponsors.
I look forward to our next shoot with the new graphics 👍
GN Videography• Nov. 24, 2018
James is very professional and talented. It is very rare to find a photographer who makes the whole experience fun and entertaining to watch as well. He has great communication with the guests while he makes sure that every moment is captured. I have had the pleasure to work with him on several weddings and seen the pictures he has made and I am really impressed. I always recommend him to my clients if they ask for a photographer. Highly recommended.
James & Alice Wedding• Nov. 24, 2018
Weddings can be stressful enough without the added worry of whether the photographer will take over, offend the new in-laws or keep the bride and groom away from the party for so long during the day that they miss out. Fundamentally, will he record the day and deliver good photographs to treasure and make you smile? There were no such worries with James and it was brilliant to have him as part of our day engaging with all our guests, several of whom have subsequently booked him for their own big day.
We stumbled upon James by accident and quite simply he was brilliant. He took all the stress out of organising and managing people, enabling us to enjoy our day. We met in advance, he carefully listened to our brief (and budget), suggesting various shots and explained how he would make everything work, even with wet weather contingencies. On the day itself we were barely aware James was there – it was seamless both at the ceremony and the reception. He turned up early, was smartly presented and captured all our guests throughout the day having visited the venues in advance. James provided us with images just a couple of weeks after returning from honeymoon, all edited and fantastically presented as a chronicle of the day, with plenty of iconic shots and some lovely surprises, both in black and white and colour. As an added bonus, James also provided us with some videography, which was unexpected. We couldn’t recommend him highly enough. James & Alice.
Chris Sellier• July 10, 2018
I worked with JP while he was a designer at an advertising agency I work at. He was always super helpful and willing to go that extra mile.
We spent time shooting Tesco stores to update our design templates for the agency. His photography is great and has a fab eye. Would reccomend him greaty.
- What services do you offer?Wedding photography is what i specialise in. I am a Senior Design by day with vast knowledge of printing which i can offer to design and print a wedding album to your exact specification. I work with a Videographer and can put you in touch with a great guy who i have had the pleasure working with.
- Do you cover more than one wedding a day?My priority and focus will be only one wedding at a time. I have a job to complete which i will give every once of effort and professional knowledge to make sure your day is created in nothing but perfection.
- What kind of technology do you use?I use the Nikon Professional range. I have two Nikon full frame DSLR bodies which i use on the day with three lenses. This ranges from a super wide angle lens, with a wide angle - zoom lens plus a telephoto to get in close when far away. I have two Nikon professional flashes (with back up batteries for the back up batteries), tripod, monopods, stand for flashes and all my clean equipment. I carry a Wedding Emergency kit, where i store the basic things for the day encase there is an issue. For example, safety pins, tablets if your feeling unwell, tread and a needle, chewing gum, etc. Can never be too prepared.
- Do you offer any tool to display the photos online?We are all online at a finger tip now. We love to share our imagery with our friends and family. So why not cut out all the complications. Once the images are completed, i share a link with you. This mean you are able to send to family and friends as you wish. This means everyone will be able to download the images to have them to keep rather than ask you to send copies, poor quality from Facebook / Instagram, etc.
- What's the delivery time for photographic report?Depending on the size of the wedding, i aim to complete the images with a 4 weeks. This is an estimate which i can give you a better idea upon completing the wedding. I have a full time job and a family i work my editing around so 4 weeks is the usual time frame i work to on a large scale wedding.
- Do you send all the photos taken?I can take on average of 1500+ on a typical wedding day. We can't help the odd blink at the wrong time, a gust of wind or someone not looking. This can't be helped although i take this into consideration on the day. I will send you around 300+ images, telling you a story of your special day, selecting only the best images for you.
- Do you work alone or do you have a team of professionals?Mainly working alone, i also have other photographers who sometimes join me. On agreement with the couple, i ask sometimes whether a photography student can join me for the day, who does exactly what I ask and any shots from the day i feel good enough will be used. This means we can get a few extra shots at a different angle and shots from two different angles at the same time. As i mentioned, this would be agreed upfront at no extra cost.
- In case of unforeseen circumstances, do you have a replacement photographer?I have a few professional photographers as a back up and would do everything i can to manage this. Although i can not guarantee they would be available and at the same cost.
- Do you have the rights to publish the wedding photos?Your images maybe used on my website, advertising, marketing or social media. We all love to share our images. I regularly enter competitions and awards which your images maybe used. I am happy to keep you up to date if i do.
- CAN I USE MY IMAGES ANYWHERE?No images are to be placed on a publication, advertising, competition or marketing of any kind without discussing with me first. Happy to discuss anything with you first to see if there is something we can agree. If you need super high resolution images please get in touch and ill send these to you.
- HOW LONG WILL MY IMAGES TAKE?When home, u have on average 1,500 images to go through from the day. It's an illimination process as i by rule, taking my time as i want your images to be perfect. It usually takes around 4-6 weeks, done professionally by myself to perfection. It may take more time if i choose to work more on the images.
- DO I EDIT THE IMAGES?Everything is digital so it's very easy to acquire a lot very quickly. On average, i'll take between 1,200 - 1,500 images. There is always someone blinking, not looking at me, so i take a few on the important shots to make sure i can choose the best version possible.
- WE DON'T LIKE HAVING OUR PHOTOS TAKENMore than 90% of any of my work with people includes the nervous and shy. Having a pre-wedding shoot means we can get to know each other. Makes the big day simple and let go of all those nerves to get some beautiful images.
- DO YOU HAVE BACK UP EQUIPMENT?It's never expected but (touch wood) can happen and something breaks or stops working. I have enough equipment or back up kit to cover if this was to happen.
- WHAT DO WE NEED TO DO TO BOOK YOU?All i need is confirmation of your wedding date and the location . Once the price has been agreed, i require a small £100 deposit to secure the date in my diary, sign our terms and condition and i am all yours.