We are the Iron Broo Ceilidh Band. A well known Aberdeen based Ceilidh band with reputation as one of the liveliest and fun Ceilidh Bands on the traditional Scottish music scene. We've played throughout Scotland and abroad for 2 decades. Our very special lively blend of traditional Scottish Ceilidh music never disappoints and we are available for hire throughout Aberdeenshire, Scotland and around the World. We are the ideal ceilidh band to play your ceilidh functions such as weddings or corporate events. All of Iron Broo's ceilidh dances are called so there is no excuse for not dancing! We can be very persuasive.
Laureen Canessa• 13 Apr 2019
We were delighted with the band and many of our guests were also very impressed. I'm not sure how your ranking system works but I would give them an A+!
They were pleasant, approachable , flexible and entertaining. We had a great evening.
Shona Manson• 26 Mar 2018
"I am so impressed by Charlie Abel's band Iron Broo. We had him playing at our daughter’s wedding. Charlie was polite and courteous during our communication. He was happy to give advice and guidance. It was so reassuring to know that he had the evening reception in hand.. He is an excellent caller and was able to read the audience. He was unobtrusive and quietly in control. His accordion playing skills are excellent as is his singing. Money very well spent.
Thank you very much, Charlie, for ma...
Louise Josefson• 21 Feb 2019
We booked the three-piece band for our wedding and from start to finish they were professional, replied quickly, had easy to understand terms and prices and were nice and service minded. The music was great, and they explained very well each dance, which we greatly appreciated considering many of the guests were not Scottish and didn't have a clue about ceilidh. We all had such a lovely time and we danced like nobody was watching. Big thanks to Iron Broo Ceilidh Band for making our day so specia...
Fraser Borthwick• 3 Sep 2018
"A Perfect Wedding Band!
When I proposed to my now wife back in 2017, I was adamant that we would have a great ceilidh band for the wedding, showing my new Hungarian family a true taste of Scottish culture whilst having a great time. When I saw the advert for Iron Broo and how they were ranked one of the top ceilidh bands in the area I was sceptical at first having never heard them play. Then I was invited to a wedding that they played 4 months prior to my own: after hearing their 3 piece I k...
Eileen and Oran• 18 Apr 2018
An amazing ceilidh band who provided an unforgettable night of wonderful music at our wedding. Fantastic musicians and lovely people to have around. Charlie was great in the lead up with the organisation and communication and he went above and beyond, meeting up with and rehearsing with my Dad (also a musician) to create a really magical night. Everyone absolutely loved them! We would highly recommend them and would love to have them play for us again in the future.
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing abroad, Copacabana Palace in Rio, Japan, Latvia, Italy, Norway, T in the Park, or many of teh festivals and weddings we have had the pleasure of being at. I loved selling out the Music Hall in Aberdeen, my home town.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually we take one break when there may be a buffet being served. 20- 40 minutes is usually the time a buffet would last. We can fit round anything 7that is planned during the evening. We are pretty flexible.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?What is your favourite tune? Can you hum it?
- How much space do you require?We can fit in to most venues. It depends how many of us you book.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?All our equipment is PAT tested regularly and is given a visual inspection each time we use it. We have a bespoke Public Liability Insurance policy and an Employer's Liability and we also have the standard Musicians Union policies for individual band members who have joined the MU.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We supply all our own P.A. and lighting but we are happy to work with a sound engineer and an in house rig if your venue has specified we do so.
- How long do you play for?Suggest 2- 4 hours with a break for a ceilidh. 5 hours if we do a disco till 1am. Shorter if you have smaller audience.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Credit Card, PayPal, BACS, Direct Debit, Cheque, Cash.
- Who are your previous clients?British Chamber of Commerce. T in the Park NHS Ministry of Defence. SHELL UK BP Chevron Aberdeen City Council Aberdeen University, Edinburgh Univercity Dundee University Welcome Trust & many many more...
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We have 20 years experience in playing ceilidhs, we know what to do with no fuss. We make it look easy and we sound great. A high quality sound equipment, a great caller, we sing folk songs and we can supply a disco. I am a full time professional musician. We can adapt our line up to suit most budgets. From a full on one man ceilidh band, or our Iron Broo Duo to our 6 piece band.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We have 20 years experience in playing ceilidhs, we know what to do with no fuss. We make it look easy and we sound great. A high quality sound equipment, a great caller, we sing folk songs and we can supply a disco. I am a full time professional musician.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:lively ceilidh music with an old time stompy feel, A modern sprinkle on traditional music with an original stamp.
Ceilidh music with dance calling.
Folk Music and Vocals.
Afternoon ceremonial acoustic music for weddings etc.
Live traditional session music - acoustic or amplified.