We are the Iron Broo Ceilidh Band. A well known Aberdeen based Ceilidh band (As seen at T in the Park) with a reputation as one of the liveliest and fun Ceilidh Bands on the traditional Scottish music scene. We've played throughout Scotland and abroad for 2 decades. Our very special lively blend of traditional Scottish Ceilidh music never disappoints and we are available for hire throughout Aberdeenshire, Scotland and around the World. We are the ideal ceilidh band to play your ceilidh functions such as weddings or corporate events. All of Iron Broo's ceilidh dances are called so there is no excuse for not dancing! We can be very persuasive.
Laureen Canessa• April 13, 2019
We were delighted with the band and many of our guests were also very impressed. I'm not sure how your ranking system works but I would give them an A+!
They were pleasant, approachable , flexible and entertaining. We had a great evening.
Chloe Fernie• Feb. 19, 2018
We used the Iron Broo duo for our society ball and I cannot fault them. They were very professional, accommodating and prompt from the moment we initially emailed to the end of the event. We had the ceilidh as well as the disco and they had the dance floor bursting at the seams with every single song. If you are looking for a band who can get your guests up dancing and having a good time this is the one for you!
Shona Manson• March 26, 2018
"I am so impressed by Charlie Abel's band Iron Broo. We had him playing at our daughter’s wedding. Charlie was polite and courteous during our communication. He was happy to give advice and guidance. It was so reassuring to know that he had the evening reception in hand.. He is an excellent caller and was able to read the audience. He was unobtrusive and quietly in control. His accordion playing skills are excellent as is his singing. Money very well spent.
Thank you very much, Charlie, for making the evening go so well."
Claire O'Connor• April 7, 2018
Iron Broo performed at our wedding at Drumtochty Castle in November 2017. We couldn't have been happier with their performance. The guests were a good mixture of Scots and Americans, and everyone was on the dance floor having a great time. Iron Broo was very professional and yet easy-going. We looked into several bands and thought not only did Iron Broo offer exceptional music but also an exceptional value. Thanks for helping us create a truly memorable experience.
Wendy Jane Gregor• April 17, 2018
What a fabulous duo. Held my 60th birthday party on 14th April, and Found them very professional and accommodated everything I requested. Everyone commented on how good they were, we even had a couple of games which were no problem for them to play music for. Everything was great, the way Charlie talked us through the dances and playing dance requests. Really made my birthday party very special.
Eileen and Oran• April 18, 2018
An amazing ceilidh band who provided an unforgettable night of wonderful music at our wedding. Fantastic musicians and lovely people to have around. Charlie was great in the lead up with the organisation and communication and he went above and beyond, meeting up with and rehearsing with my Dad (also a musician) to create a really magical night. Everyone absolutely loved them! We would highly recommend them and would love to have them play for us again in the future.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:lively ceilidh music with an old time stompy feel, A modern sprinkle on traditional music with an original stamp.
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing abroad, Copacabana Palace in Rio, Japan, Latvia, Italy, Norway, T in the Park, or many of teh festivals and weddings we have had the pleasure of being at. I loved selling out the Music Hall in Aberdeen, my home town.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We have 20 years experience in playing ceilidhs, we know what to do with no fuss. We make it look easy and we sound great. A high quality sound equipment, a great caller, we sing folk songs and we can supply a disco. I am a full time professional musician.
- Who are your previous clients?British Chamber of Commerce. T in the Park NHS Ministry of Defence. SHELL UK BP Chevron Aberdeen City Council Aberdeen University, Edinburgh Univercity Dundee University Welcome Trust & many many more...
- How can event planners pay for your services?Credit Card, PayPal, BACS, Direct Debit, Cheque, Cash.
- How long do you play for?Suggest 2- 4 hours with a break for a ceilidh. 5 hours if we do a disco till 1am. Shorter if you have smaller audience.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We supply all our own P.A. and lighting but we are happy to work with a sound engineer and an in house rig if your venue has specified we do so.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?All our equipment is PAT tested regularly and is given a visual inspection each time we use it. We have a bespoke Public Liability Insurance policy and an Employer's Liability and we also have the standard Musicians Union policies for individual band members who have joined the MU.
- How much space do you require?We can fit in to most venues. It depends how many of us you book.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?What is your favourite tune? Can you hum it?
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually we take one break when there may be a buffet being served. 20- 40 minutes is usually the time a buffet would last. We can fit round anything 7that is planned during the evening. We are pretty flexible.
Ceilidh music with dance calling.
Folk Music and Vocals.
Afternoon ceremonial acoustic music for weddings etc.
Live traditional session music - acoustic or amplified.