Iron Broo Ceilidh Band
We are the Iron Broo Ceilidh Band. A well known Aberdeen based Ceilidh band with reputation as one of the liveliest and fun Ceilidh Bands on the traditional Scottish music scene. We've played throughout Scotland and abroad for 2 decades. Our very special lively blend of traditional Scottish Ceilidh music never disappoints and we are available for hire throughout Aberdeenshire, Scotland and around the World. We are the ideal ceilidh band to play your ceilidh functions such as weddings or corporate events. All of Iron Broo's ceilidh dances are called so there is no excuse for not dancing! We can be very persuasive.
Laureen Canessa• 13 Apr 2019
We were delighted with the band and many of our guests were also very impressed. I'm not sure how your ranking system works but I would give them an A+!
They were pleasant, approachable , flexible and entertaining. We had a great evening.
Ross McBride• 28 May 2018
When planning my mother in Laws 70th birthday Iron Broo were recommended to me by a work colleague. They certainly didn't disappoint!! They were exceptional from the quick response when booking to the performance on the night. They got everyone up laughing and dancing from 2-year-olds to 82-year-olds. Everyone had a brilliant time. If you are looking for an interactive fast-paced fun filled evening then having Iron Broo as your band is the way to go.
Louise Josefson• 21 Feb 2019
We booked the three-piece band for our wedding and from start to finish they were professional, replied quickly, had easy to understand terms and prices and were nice and service minded. The music was great, and they explained very well each dance, which we greatly appreciated considering many of the guests were not Scottish and didn't have a clue about ceilidh. We all had such a lovely time and we danced like nobody was watching. Big thanks to Iron Broo Ceilidh Band for making our day so specia...
Fraser Borthwick• 3 Sep 2018
"A Perfect Wedding Band!
When I proposed to my now wife back in 2017, I was adamant that we would have a great ceilidh band for the wedding, showing my new Hungarian family a true taste of Scottish culture whilst having a great time. When I saw the advert for Iron Broo and how they were ranked one of the top ceilidh bands in the area I was sceptical at first having never heard them play. Then I was invited to a wedding that they played 4 months prior to my own: after hearing their 3 piece I k...
Claire O'Connor• 7 Apr 2018
Iron Broo performed at our wedding at Drumtochty Castle in November 2017. We couldn't have been happier with their performance. The guests were a good mixture of Scots and Americans, and everyone was on the dance floor having a great time. Iron Broo was very professional and yet easy-going. We looked into several bands and thought not only did Iron Broo offer exceptional music but also an exceptional value. Thanks for helping us create a truly memorable experience.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:lively ceilidh music with an old time stompy feel, A modern sprinkle on traditional music with an original stamp.
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing abroad, Copacabana Palace in Rio, Japan, Latvia, Italy, Norway, T in the Park, or many of teh festivals and weddings we have had the pleasure of being at. I loved selling out the Music Hall in Aberdeen, my home town.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We have 20 years experience in playing ceilidhs, we know what to do with no fuss. We make it look easy and we sound great. A high quality sound equipment, a great caller, we sing folk songs and we can supply a disco. I am a full time professional musician.
- Who are your previous clients?British Chamber of Commerce. T in the Park NHS Ministry of Defence. SHELL UK BP Chevron Aberdeen City Council Aberdeen University, Edinburgh Univercity Dundee University Welcome Trust & many many more...
- How can event planners pay for your services?Credit Card, PayPal, BACS, Direct Debit, Cheque, Cash.
- How long do you play for?Suggest 2- 4 hours with a break for a ceilidh. 5 hours if we do a disco till 1am. Shorter if you have smaller audience.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We supply all our own P.A. and lighting but we are happy to work with a sound engineer and an in house rig if your venue has specified we do so.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?All our equipment is PAT tested regularly and is given a visual inspection each time we use it. We have a bespoke Public Liability Insurance policy and an Employer's Liability and we also have the standard Musicians Union policies for individual band members who have joined the MU.
- How much space do you require?We can fit in to most venues. It depends how many of us you book.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?What is your favourite tune? Can you hum it?
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually we take one break when there may be a buffet being served. 20- 40 minutes is usually the time a buffet would last. We can fit round anything 7that is planned during the evening. We are pretty flexible.
Ceilidh music with dance calling.
Folk Music and Vocals.
Afternoon ceremonial acoustic music for weddings etc.
Live traditional session music - acoustic or amplified.