Gordon Robertson is one of Scotland's finest and most versatile vocalists, with over 7 years experience as a performer at corporate events, weddings, parties, music venues, festivals and tribute nights. He is in high demand throughout the UK, having played over 70 gigs in the last 12 months, and he always impresses with his ability to entertain and involve an audience from the outset, regardless of the event or style of music.
His first main act is as a vocalist playing acoustic guitar, and performing a selection of hits and floor-fillers from the 50s right through to the present day chart toppers. This includes artists like Johnny Cash, The Beatles, Bryan Ferry, Stereophonics, The Killers, Oasis, Ed Sheeran, Kodaline, Bruno Mars, Stevie Wonder and many more. Some of these can also be accompanied by professional quality backing tracks to fill out the sound spectrum where appropriate, but the acoustic show is equally entertaining on it's own. This makes it a very adaptable show, to fit venues big and small, and suit parties of 10 or 200! Gordon specialises in his ability to capture the nuances of each of the large variety of vocal styles that he performs, and yet still leave a flavour of his own personality too. His long list of vocal training qualifications and years of experience perfecting his vocal technique allow him the versatility to sing a big hitting Rock ballad, and then follow that up with a soft and understated jazz standard, or a Motown hit. Most importantly, as a seasoned wedding band front-man, Gordon understands the set-list required to fill a dance floor and keep it that way.
The second act that Gordon provides is as one of the UK's most authentic Michael Bublé Tribute Artists. Unlike many other 'sung-only' tribute acts, Gordon really becomes Bublé for the duration of the performance, including all of the charisma, charm and chat that you'd expect to hear at one of the Canadian Crooner's arena shows, in his native Canadian accent. This always involves lots of audience interaction and participation, perfect for making a fuss of those celebrating an engagement, hen-do, birthday or anniversary! And of course, Gordon's ability to mimic Bublé's velvet voice, and produce the exciting vocals at the high end of the big-band numbers or the Pop tunes that Bublé writes really does allow audiences to suspend their disbelief and join Michael in having a blast at each and every gig.
Gordon also offers a non-tribute Cabaret show which is perfect for social clubs and hotel entertainment both in the UK and abroad, and also has experience providing a 'singing telegram' or 'singagram' service, specially learning songs to surprise that loved one in restaurants, bars, or basically anywhere!
Finally, at all gigs (except singing telegram), he offers a full professional quality PA system and lighting at no extra cost, with iPod/phone connectivity to play music chosen by clients for starts/ends/breaks. He can also for an extra fee provide a DJ service to accompany any of his acts and complete a night's entertainment.
For a performer who, whatever the act, whatever the event, will give the finest of vocal performances, and leave any crowd shouting for more, you really need look no further than Gordon Robertson.
Heather Quinn• Aug. 11, 2019
Gordon was punctual and we loved his music. A lovely guy with a great voice and great music.
Charlotte Rowe• Dec. 14, 2018
"Couldn’t have asked for anything more. Gordon was fab.
Everyone had a great time and loved the music.
Would highly recommend and definitely use again if had another event."
Kirsty Loughlin• April 14, 2018
Gordon performed at our Business Insider SME Awards and was fab! An excellent singer who was completely professional and approachable. Gordon performed throughout our drinks reception and then dinner and was extremely well received by all of our guests.
Scott cowie• April 12, 2018
"I was lucky enough to attend a wedding where Gordon was singing during the ceremony.
He was excellent, with a friendly professional approach. Highly recommended."
Sandra McLaughlin• April 6, 2018
"Thank you for performing at my husbands 60th party Gordon. Your assortment of music was greatly appreciated by our friends and family with some even saying that your voice sounded just like a recording. We had a mixed group of ages and your style of music suited all and got them dancing.
Would recommend and would certainly hire you again."
Alan Watt• March 24, 2018
Nothing gives us more pleasure than to write this review since you played such a major part in ensuring that the word everyone kept saying both on and after the day was ‘Perfect’. I couldn’t get from one end of the room to the other without being questioned as to where we found you! Your voice, the choice of playlist the quality of sound and balance of guitar and backing track were all spot on. Amanda and I were still talking about the success of the evening in particular as we sat quaffing Rioja in the many tapas bars of Seville. Thanks you so much helping to make our day so memorable, we just need to think of a reason to hire you again, a special birthday or friend's wedding party! The hotel were also blown away by your performance and have a wedding in December which they have recommended you for. Our first dance will remain a special memory throughout our life, and to think, we chose it 5 minutes before! The majority of guests were convinced the 3 of us had rehearsed it! If ever you need a reference or endorsement for a website or social media advertising please use us. All the best, look forward to seeing you again.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Private Parties, Corporate Events, Live Music Venues, Clubs, Restaurants and Bars, Tribute Nights, Hotels.
- Who are your previous clients?Hamilton and Inches Jewellers, Scotbuild, SECC, Trump International Golf Links, The Ferry Glasgow, King Tut's Wah Wah Hut, The Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, Glasgow City Halls, Trinity Mirror PLC, Scottish SME Awards, Made in Scotland Awards, Glasgow Science Centre, Radisson Blu Hotel, Village Hotels.
- How long do you play for?Up to 3x45 minute sets. Options include 1/2x45m sets, 2x1 hour sets, and many others. Fully customisable to requirements of clients.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes - 3 systems which will cater from small events to a full festival rig. Appropriate lighting and PA provided at no extra cost for every event.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes!
- How much space do you require?Normally between 2 and 3 square meters, but I don't take up very much space. Smallest space I have played in was probably under 1 square meter!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I am happy to make every effort to learn any requests you might have (time and genre allowing!). I don't recommend asking to choose your own set list from scratch as first of all, it's too much learning for me to do when I'm out performing at other events every week, but secondly, my act is well rehearsed, and I am very experienced at choosing a set-list which will have the right 'up and down' moments for the audience to enjoy dancing/singing along to. First dances/Ceremony requests for weddings are of course always learned.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Normally in a 3x45m set performance I will take two short 15/20 minute breaks, during which I'll always play some music of a similar genre through my system, or alternatively, some clients prefer to put on their own playlists through my system which is no problem!
- Is it possible to customise your performance and have more than one type or a bit of everything? (eg. a set of Bublé, a set of floor fillers and a set of acoustic songs)Absolutely! More than happy to do this and it normally goes down great! I'm happy to customise my performances entirely to your event.
Services Provided: Acoustic/Covers Show with/without backing tracks; Michael Bublé Tribute Show; Piano Vocalist; Wedding Entertainer; Background Musician; Singing Telegram; DJ/Karaoke.
-Brown Eyed Girl-Van Morrison
-Stuck in the Middle with You-Stealers Wheel
-Since I Saw Her Standing There-The Beatles
-500 Miles-The Proclaimers
-Living on a Prayer-Bon Jovi
-I'm Yours-Jason Mraz
-Town Called Malice-The Jam
Michael Bublé Tribute:
-Haven't Met You Yet
-All of Me
-It's a Beautiful Day
-You Make Me Feel So Young
-How Sweet It Is
-Young at Heart
-Who's Lovin' You