Gordon Robertson is one of Scotland's finest and most versatile vocalists, with over 7 years experience as a performer at corporate events, weddings, parties, music venues, festivals and tribute nights. He is in high demand throughout the UK, having played over 70 gigs in the last 12 months, and he always impresses with his ability to entertain and involve an audience from the outset, regardless of the event or style of music.
His first main act is as a vocalist playing acoustic guitar, and performing a selection of hits and floor-fillers from the 50s right through to the present day chart toppers. This includes artists like Johnny Cash, The Beatles, Bryan Ferry, Stereophonics, The Killers, Oasis, Ed Sheeran, Kodaline, Bruno Mars, Stevie Wonder and many more. Some of these can also be accompanied by professional quality backing tracks to fill out the sound spectrum where appropriate, but the acoustic show is equally entertaining on it's own. This makes it a very adaptable show, to fit venues big and small, and suit parties of 10 or 200! Gordon specialises in his ability to capture the nuances of each of the large variety of vocal styles that he performs, and yet still leave a flavour of his own personality too. His long list of vocal training qualifications and years of experience perfecting his vocal technique allow him the versatility to sing a big hitting Rock ballad, and then follow that up with a soft and understated jazz standard, or a Motown hit. Most importantly, as a seasoned wedding band front-man, Gordon understands the set-list required to fill a dance floor and keep it that way.
The second act that Gordon provides is as one of the UK's most authentic Michael Bublé Tribute Artists. Unlike many other 'sung-only' tribute acts, Gordon really becomes Bublé for the duration of the performance, including all of the charisma, charm and chat that you'd expect to hear at one of the Canadian Crooner's arena shows, in his native Canadian accent. This always involves lots of audience interaction and participation, perfect for making a fuss of those celebrating an engagement, hen-do, birthday or anniversary! And of course, Gordon's ability to mimic Bublé's velvet voice, and produce the exciting vocals at the high end of the big-band numbers or the Pop tunes that Bublé writes really does allow audiences to suspend their disbelief and join Michael in having a blast at each and every gig.
Gordon also offers a non-tribute Cabaret show which is perfect for social clubs and hotel entertainment both in the UK and abroad, and also has experience providing a 'singing telegram' or 'singagram' service, specially learning songs to surprise that loved one in restaurants, bars, or basically anywhere!
Finally, at all gigs (except singing telegram), he offers a full professional quality PA system and lighting at no extra cost, with iPod/phone connectivity to play music chosen by clients for starts/ends/breaks. He can also for an extra fee provide a DJ service to accompany any of his acts and complete a night's entertainment.
For a performer who, whatever the act, whatever the event, will give the finest of vocal performances, and leave any crowd shouting for more, you really need look no further than Gordon Robertson.
Jemima mcleod• Jan. 16, 2020
Gordon sang at my dads funeral service and he was amazing his voice was perfect for the 3 songs i chose
I would highly recommend him
Everybody at the service spoke about him saying he was brilliant
Heather Quinn• Aug. 11, 2019
Gordon was punctual and we loved his music. A lovely guy with a great voice and great music.
Charlotte Rowe• Dec. 14, 2018
"Couldn’t have asked for anything more. Gordon was fab.
Everyone had a great time and loved the music.
Would highly recommend and definitely use again if had another event."
Kirsty Loughlin• April 14, 2018
Gordon performed at our Business Insider SME Awards and was fab! An excellent singer who was completely professional and approachable. Gordon performed throughout our drinks reception and then dinner and was extremely well received by all of our guests.
Scott cowie• April 12, 2018
"I was lucky enough to attend a wedding where Gordon was singing during the ceremony.
He was excellent, with a friendly professional approach. Highly recommended."
Sandra McLaughlin• April 6, 2018
"Thank you for performing at my husbands 60th party Gordon. Your assortment of music was greatly appreciated by our friends and family with some even saying that your voice sounded just like a recording. We had a mixed group of ages and your style of music suited all and got them dancing.
Would recommend and would certainly hire you again."
Services From Gordon Robertson
Michael Bublé Tribute 2 x 50 Minute Sets
Wedding or Function Evening Entertainment 2 x 50 Minute Sets
Wedding Daytime Entertainment (Ceremony and/or Reception) 2 x 50 Minute Sets
Wedding Ceremony Music
Online Gig Live Stream
Online Singing Telegram
60 Minutes Online Singing/Music Lessons
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, Private Parties, Corporate Events, Live Music Venues, Clubs, Restaurants and Bars, Tribute Nights, Hotels.
- Who are your previous clients?Hamilton and Inches Jewellers, Scotbuild, SECC, Trump International Golf Links, The Ferry Glasgow, King Tut's Wah Wah Hut, The Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, Glasgow City Halls, Trinity Mirror PLC, Scottish SME Awards, Made in Scotland Awards, Glasgow Science Centre, Radisson Blu Hotel, Village Hotels.
- How long do you play for?Up to 3x45 minute sets. Options include 1/2x45m sets, 2x1 hour sets, and many others. Fully customisable to requirements of clients.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes - 3 systems which will cater from small events to a full festival rig. Appropriate lighting and PA provided at no extra cost for every event.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes!
- How much space do you require?Normally between 2 and 3 square meters, but I don't take up very much space. Smallest space I have played in was probably under 1 square meter!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I am happy to make every effort to learn any requests you might have (time and genre allowing!). I don't recommend asking to choose your own set list from scratch as first of all, it's too much learning for me to do when I'm out performing at other events every week, but secondly, my act is well rehearsed, and I am very experienced at choosing a set-list which will have the right 'up and down' moments for the audience to enjoy dancing/singing along to. First dances/Ceremony requests for weddings are of course always learned.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Normally in a 3x45m set performance I will take two short 15/20 minute breaks, during which I'll always play some music of a similar genre through my system, or alternatively, some clients prefer to put on their own playlists through my system which is no problem!
- Is it possible to customise your performance and have more than one type or a bit of everything? (eg. a set of Bublé, a set of floor fillers and a set of acoustic songs)Absolutely! More than happy to do this and it normally goes down great! I'm happy to customise my performances entirely to your event.
Services Provided: Acoustic/Covers Show with/without backing tracks; Michael Bublé Tribute Show; Piano Vocalist; Wedding Entertainer; Background Musician; Singing Telegram; DJ/Karaoke.
Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Frankie Valli
Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
She's Electric - Oasis
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
Champagne Supernova - Oasis
Don't Look Back in Anger - Oasis
Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
Goodbye Time - Conway Twitty
Fields of Gold
Hold My Girl - George Ezra
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morisson
Stuck in the Middle With You - Stealers Wheel
9 to 5 - Dolly Parton
My Girl - The Temptations
I'm a Believer - The Monkees
Saw Her Standing There - The Beatles
Proud Mary - Tina Turner
Haven't Met You Yet - Michael Bublé
Sir Duke - Stevie Wonder
Signed Sealed Delivered - Stevie Wonder
In Case You Didn't Know - Brett Young
Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran
Perfect - Ed Sheeran
Tenerife Sea - Ed Sheeran
Dance With Me Tonight - Olly Murs
Pencil Full of Lead - Paolo Nutini
How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You - Marvin Gaye
Sway - Dean Martin
Dakota - Stereophonics
Mr Brightside - The Killers
Superstion - Stevie Wonder
Castle on the Hill - Ed Sheeran
Let's Stick Together - Bryan Ferry
It's a Beautiful Day - Michael Bublé
To Love Somebody - The Bee Gees
Ho Hey - The Lumineers
Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
Uptown Funk - Bruno Mars/Mark Ronson
Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams
Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus
A Little Respect - Erasure
Sit Down - James
Dignity - Deacon Blue
All These Things I've Done - The Killers
I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz
Love For a Child - Jason Mraz
Vodka Lemon Lime (orig)
As the Batteries Run Dry (orig)
Beyond the Painted Lines (orig)
A Younger Branch (orig)
I Don't Want to Leave You (orig)
Wandering Lamb (orig)
Mean Old Moon - Ted 2 (Movie)
Bonnie (from Bonnie & Clyde Musical)
Suddenly (from Les Mis Movie)
Angels - Robbie Williams
Better Man - Robbie Williams
She's The One - Robbie Williams
Home - Michael Bublé
Caledonia - Dougie MacLean
Everything - Michael Bublé
Michael Bublé Tribute:
-Haven't Met You Yet
-All of Me
-It's a Beautiful Day
-You Make Me Feel So Young
-How Sweet It Is
-Young at Heart
-Who's Lovin' You