I am a videographer, based on the Wiltshire/Somerset border and ideally placed to capture your event (or past memories) at a cost effective rate. Whether this is a wedding, a milestone birthday, a gig, concert, film/tape conversions, editing services or business promotion, I am in the position to produce outputs - in a variety of formats - to be preserved for a lifetime.
- What services do you offer?Wedding Videos Event Videos Promotion Videos Camcorder Tape transfer services Cine film transfer services VHS transfer services Betamax transfer services Editing Services
- What does the wedding package include?The typical wedding package includes: Full coverage of your day - from getting ready through to your first dance and parts of the ensuing merriment/soiree. Attendance at your rehearsal in most cases. At least two camera positions/placements. Pre-wedding interviews with bride and groom (if desired). Music of your choice (including the associated copyright/PRS fees) - with the exception of church copyright fees; please discuss this with your church. Professional editing and sound mixing. Two Blu Ray/DVD copies of your production. Free cloud access for you - and other loved ones throughout the world - to securely download a digital version of your production.
- Do you cover more than one wedding a day?Extended coverage can be provided but this will increase the standard/published price for your event. Please contact me to discuss additional requirements.
- What style of photos do you take?Often, the style of the output depends on the wishes of the client (for example, some have requested monochrome, film noir and other effects - such as vignetted/romantic haze effect). There is no point in me arbitrarily choosing an effect myself and, consequently, any client wishes/tastes - in this regard - are noted prior to the event. As a matter of course, all video is captured in full 1920 x 1080 HD.
- What kind of technology do you use?I possess a variety of video based editing and effects software, including Final Cut 10 (FCP X), Motion5, Premiere Pro and Photoshop; these are often used in conjunction so that the desired output is attained. All editing programs are run on a Mac based platform.
- Do you offer any tool to display the photos online?As a matter of course, all final cuts are uploaded to a secure cloud area for you - and those whom you choose - to download the file. The default format is MP4, which is playable by most platforms; however, if a different format is required then this can be achieved also. The cloud area remains active for 6 months after the date of upload and - in addition - a backup (ISO/DVD/Blu Ray image file) is available for download in the event that you lose or damage your disc based production.
- What's the delivery time for photographic report?The typical lead time for an event or wedding video - through to final production and transfer to disc based media - is approximately 3 weeks. This - of course - is seasonal and, sometimes, this factor results in a reduction of the final lead time.
- Do you send all the photos taken?Cameras are rolling all day and - during the editing process - only the relevant bits are retained. The raw files are often extremely large in size but, if the client desires the uncut footage at the end of the job then - for a limited time - this can be provided to them; in this event, I would ask that the client provides me with a capable USB stick or external hard drive to accommodate the video files.
- Do you work alone or do you have a team of professionals?I am self-employed but often utilise the assistance of other competent camera operators - especially for weddings and events.
- In case of unforeseen circumstances, do you have a replacement photographer?There are no permanent arrangements in place with other videographers; however, I am aware of other able videographers and - in the event that unforeseen events prohibit me from attending your event - these can be recommended to you.
- Do you have the rights to publish the wedding photos?All wedding video prices include copyright fees (with the exception of Church copyright fees - these need to be arranged with the church concerned) and PRS licences are obtained as a matter of course. This allows for music of your choice to be used within the final production.
Cine film transfer (Super 8 and Standard 8)
Mini DV transfer
Micro MV transfer