Emily Mitchell Cello
Emily plays Solo Cello for events and weddings with a high quality backing amp, using carefully selected tracks and many of her own arrangements which are also used by the BBC.
The beautiful sound of the cello and the warmth added with the backing offers a fantastic option for live music at ceremonies, drinks receptions, dinners, corporate events, birthdays and many more.
Trained at the Royal Academy of Music, Emily composes multi-part cello music for he BBC, and performs both solo and with quartets throughout London and the south east. Recent years have seen her play at: V&A, Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, Lancaster House, MoD, i360, Greenwich Royal Observatory, Brighton Pavilion, Winchester Guildhall, Brighton Town Hall, Brighton bandstand, Cliveden House, Pembroke Lodge and many more.
Repertoire ranges from classical and baroque through to jazz, tangos, pop and indie, and help is offered for music choices.
Lorna sherar• 13 Oct 2018
Absolutely perfect, Emily is wonderful and exactly what we wanted, if not better. So easy to book, easily contactable throughout. Would definitely recommend!
Izzy and Sam Peters• 22 May 2010
"‘You helped to create the perfect atmosphere for our wedding and gave it the finishing touch’.
Wedding at Brighton Pavilion"
Ruth Hudson• 11 Nov 2017
We wanted to say a massive thank you for performing at our wedding last Saturday, you were absolutely brilliant.
We received so many comments on how beautiful your performance was we were delighted, it really set the tone for the rest of the day."
Colombian Embassy• 18 Dec 2014
"‘Thank you for the music during our Colombian National Poets’ recitation. The sound complimented the readings and gave a new dimension to the poetry.’
Colombian Embassy London"
Private booking• 20 May 2017
"‘Just a quick note to say many thanks for playing at our son's Christening at Hall Place the other week.
Everyone enjoyed your music so well done and thank you'
S. O’Sullivan, Christening at Hall Place,Bexley"
- How long do you play for?1 hour booking: an hour of music, or, music for your wedding ceremony, plus 15 -20 minutes before for guests. 2 hour booking: as above, with one set at the wedding reception, or two sets for your event. 3 hour booking which can include a wedding ceremony and 2 sets at the reception, or 3 sets at any other event. I take a 10 minute break after 45-50 minutes of playing.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have my own self-contained PA for the tracks and to mic the cello if needed. I have a personal light for the music, but do not provide lighting for the event.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?I have Public Liability Insurance for up to 10,000,000 provided by my membership to the Incorporated Society of Musicians which is underwritten by Hencilla Canworth. If necessary, this covers additional musicians in a group performing with me. All of my equipment is PAT tested, right from the Behringer amp, to the Ovid mic and even my phone charging plugs.
- How much space do you require?I require about 2.5m squared, enough space for a chair, amp, music stand and free movement of the cello.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If you let me know enough in advance, I can arrange a track for the cello and source or record a backing track. There is usually a small charge for this.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?If playing for one hour only, I do not need to take a break. For 2 or 3 hour bookings, I break after 45-50 minutes of music, for around 10-15 minutes.
Music ranges from classical and baroque to jazz, tangos and pop.
Bach - Air in D
Erik Satie - Gymnopedie
Pachebel - Canon
Vivaldi - Largo from Winter
Elgar - Chanson de Matin