D&L Acoustic Duo are a dynamic duo available to hire for all kinds of events. They also offer Duncan as a solo fingerstyle guitarist.
Made of singer Lizzy and guitarist Duncan Howlett they play a wide variety of acoustic arrangements of classic & contemporary songs. Lizzy & Duncan have a vast experience in the music industry having studied, performed & taught for many years in a variety of different projects.
The pair met when they moved to Brighton to study at the Brighton Institute of Modern Music and have been working together ever since. They played in some of Brighton’s best original bands, including the 8 piece original funk band The Grand Majestic who played at many prestigious venues & events including supporting The Brand New Heavies at Brighton’s Komedia, the Californian funk legends Breakestra at Brighton’s Concorde 2 & playing at London’s Lovebox Music Festival.
They have worked as an acoustic covers duo for many years entertaining at some of the best Wedding and ...
James Mcleish• 30 Aug 2019
Perfect, they were just amazing and we had a brilliant time.
vicki gibbons• 29 Jun 2019
Lizzie was awesome we loved her!!!
Robin Chappell• 27 Jul 2019
From start to finish Lizzy and Duncan were superb - outstanding performance!
Andrew Fitch• 2 Dec 2016
Lizzy and Duncan played at the reception drinks of my wedding. They were amazing! Weddings can be stressful at times but they were always very calming and professional which made me at ease. All the guests loved them and they created such a lovely environment during the reception drinks. I would highly recommended them for anyone looking for a singer/guitarist for a social event. Brilliant!
Corinne Cooper• 19 Nov 2016
Lizzy and Duncan played before and after our wedding ceremony and were just amazing. All our guests commented on their performance and said how great they were. They really are a class act and also a really lovely genuine couple. Can’t recommend them highly enough.
- How long do you play for?We usually perform anything from an hour up to 3 x 50 min sets. We love to create a bespoke package for each occasion.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have a great quality PA that can be adapted for different setups. We have basic white up lighting when needed but do not provide lighting as standard.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes. All our equipment has been PAT tested and we are fully covered.
- How much space do you require?We have a variety of different setups that can cater for different sized events, from a small acoustic amp, up to an 800 watt PA. We can therefore be quite flexible in terms of space, but we would advise a minimum of 3m x 2m
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We love to learn special requests, arrangement dependent, and to personalise our sets around your favourite songs/artists.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We usually have a short break at the end of each hour of performance. This of course will vary depending on the timings of the day.
7 years - Lukas Graham
A thousand years - Christina Perri
All of me - John Legend
Amazed - Lonestar
At your feet - Counting Crows
Baby can I hold you - Tracy Chapman
Back for good - Take That