D&L Acoustic Duo are a dynamic duo available to hire for all kinds of events. They also offer Duncan as a solo fingerstyle guitarist.
Made of singer Lizzy and guitarist Duncan Howlett they play a wide variety of acoustic arrangements of classic & contemporary songs. Lizzy & Duncan have a vast experience in the music industry having studied, performed & taught for many years in a variety of different projects.
The pair met when they moved to Brighton to study at the Brighton Institute of Modern Music and have been working together ever since. They played in some of Brighton’s best original bands, including the 8 piece original funk band The Grand Majestic who played at many prestigious venues & events including supporting The Brand New Heavies at Brighton’s Komedia, the Californian funk legends Breakestra at Brighton’s Concorde 2 & playing at London’s Lovebox Music Festival.
They have worked as an acoustic covers duo for many years entertaining at some of the best Wedding and ...
Hannah & Jamie• 10 Jun 2017
Duncan very kindly played at our wedding in June 2017. It was a beautiful sunny day and we were therefore lucky enough to have him playing outside where all of our guests were gathered as well. It was beautiful music and nothing too intrusive or loud. We chose the modern playlist with a few ‘classics’ in there so there was plenty of songs in there that everyone could recognise and we received several compliments from our guests about him. I would have no hesitations in recommending Duncan for yo...
Sarah & Jonny• 8 Jul 2017
We had the most incredible wedding day, thank you. It had a lot to do with all our wonderful suppliers like yourselves. We have received so many compliments about your perfomances both during the ceremony & the canape reception. Your version of 1000 Years for me to walk down the aisle to was absolutely gorgeous. The song we asked you to learn, Suddenly, has been mentioned a lot by those who recognised it from Scott & Charlene’s wedding in Neighbours back in the 80’s. The choice of songs during t...
Lucy Lavey• 13 Dec 2017
Duncan was everything I had hoped for. I booked him very last minute and he was so helpful and kind and then when it came to the event..he played every song wonderfully + more. I am thrilled with how it all went and so happy to have found him. I wouldnt hesitate to ask Duncan again. He is brilliant.
Helen Owens• 17 Jun 2017
Thank you so much Lizzy and Duncan for adding to making our party so special. You took time out to make it extra special for the young ones, who of which want to move into our house as they think it is like that all the time. See you again.
Sep Cole - Pizza Express• 18 May 2017
Lizzy and Duncan are professional, polite and very reliable. Their song choices are always very thought out for the audience they are performing for. Lizzy’s voice is beautiful and Duncan compliments it wonderfully. I will never have any hesitation in booking them for The Live Playlist evenings on a regular basis.
- How long do you play for?We usually perform anything from an hour up to 3 x 50 min sets. We love to create a bespoke package for each occasion.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have a great quality PA that can be adapted for different setups. We have basic white up lighting when needed but do not provide lighting as standard.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes. All our equipment has been PAT tested and we are fully covered.
- How much space do you require?We have a variety of different setups that can cater for different sized events, from a small acoustic amp, up to an 800 watt PA. We can therefore be quite flexible in terms of space, but we would advise a minimum of 3m x 2m
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We love to learn special requests, arrangement dependent, and to personalise our sets around your favourite songs/artists.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We usually have a short break at the end of each hour of performance. This of course will vary depending on the timings of the day.
7 years - Lukas Graham
A thousand years - Christina Perri
All of me - John Legend
Amazed - Lonestar
At your feet - Counting Crows
Baby can I hold you - Tracy Chapman
Back for good - Take That