Hailed as one of the best Swing/Ratpack singers in the South-East, Chris performs a fantastic range of classic hits from some of the greatest legends of the swing era, such as Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole and Bobby Darin, as well as swing hits from Harry Connick Jr, Paul Anka, Robbie Williams, Tony Bennett and Michael Buble!
Through his varied singing carer, Chris has performed various genres of music from rock and blues to pop and swing, both in bands and solo. Since becoming a professional swing, jazz and Ratpack singer, Chris has performed at countless weddings, corporate events and concerts and has had the pleasure of working along side a number of celebrities such as Tom Baker (Doctor Who), Cheryl Baker from Bucks Fizz and Nick Van Eede from the Cutting Crew.
With his Charasmatic flare and warm vocal tones, Chris' Swing tribute show is adored nationwide makes the perfect choice of live music entertainment for any special event!
Chris Performs as standard 2 x...
Mr & Mrs Hardy• 11 Aug 2018
We just wanted to email you to say how fantastic you were on Saturday! Our guests thought you were outstanding and I have already given out your details twice, I am sure more people are yet to ask.
We were very happy with the performance you gave, and really appreciate the time you clearly spent on the evening playlist, it was perfect.
Thank you again
Katherine Henshaw• 16 Jun 2018
Thank you so much. You really were an absolute star - everyone LOVED you! On all levels I think. You really were fantastic and I've heard nothing but praise. I must say well done for not faltering in the slightest with so many people hanging off you while you were trying to perform! Good work!
Steve & Sue Gillham• 5 Aug 2017
Thank you for helping to make Amy and Duncan’s wedding reception on 5th August 2017 at Deans Place, Alfriston, such a memorable occasion. The whole day was a great success and undoubtedly enhanced by you starting the evening entertainment. We don’t think we have ever seen such a spectacular first dance.
We had so many wonderful comments from our guests praising your performance that we felt we had to write and congratulate you on a first rate show. It encouraged everyone to get up and dance. ...
- What services do you offer?- Live solo swing tribute act - Mobile disco service - Uplighting - Dancefloor hire - Photo booth hire - Illuminated LOVE light hire
- Do you work alone or do you have a team of professionals?I currently work alone.
- Do you offer any tool to display the photos online?N/A
- What style of photos do you take?N/A
- What kind of technology do you use?State of the art high-end sound and lighting systems.
- What does the wedding package include?Live performances are 2 x 45 minutes as standard, however with the disco add-on, I can cover the entire evening's entertainment. Alternatively I can perform earlier in the day for example during the wedding breakfast or arrival drinks.
- Do you cover more than one wedding a day?No. When I am booked by the client, the date is exclusive to them.
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes indeed. However you would need to ensure a cover is in place in case the weather turns.
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?Yes of course. Providing it is of the same style and genre and in fitting with my act, I am more than happy to learn and perform it live. Otherwise I can play a pre-recorded version.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes. Providing it is of the same style and genre and in fitting with my act, I am more than happy to learn and perform it live. Otherwise I can play a pre-recorded version.
- What style of music do you offer?Classic Swing hits from legendary artists such as Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, Bobby Darin, Harry Connick Jr, Tony Bennett, as well as covers from Michael Buble, Robbie Williams, Paul Anka plus many more.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I will fit performances in entirely to the client's requirements. Breaks between performances can be anything from 20 minutes between performances to 2 hours. Background music can be played during breaks if required, unless you have chosen the disco add-on, then disco music will be played. For example for a swing tribute and disco package for a wedding I would usually start with background music around 7pm, first dance at 7.45pm followed by first 45 minute live set, then a break with disco music for 30-45 minutes, second 45 minute live set, then disco until finish at Midnight.
- How much space do you require?2 x 2 metres for small intimate gigs, or 2 x 4 metres minimum for larger gigs where the bigger sound system is required or the live music and disco package has been chosen.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, I hold certificates for both PLI and PAT testing.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, I have a modern state-of-the-art sound system which can cover an audience of up to 250 people. I also have a smaller system for more intimate bar & restaurant gigs etc. Plus I have LED multi-colour stage lighting. Also if you pick a package with the disco included, then I provide a complete mobile disco setup with sound system, lights and booth.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, I have a modern state-of-the-art sound system which can cover an audience of up to 250 people. I also have a smaller system for more intimate bar & restaurant gigs etc. Plus I have LED multi-colour stage lighting. Also if you pick a package with the disco included, then I provide a complete mobile disco setup with sound system, lights and booth
- How long do you play for?Usually 2 x 45 minutes live performance with background music or disco music during breaks unless there is another band on. I can normally fit in 35-40 songs in during live performance. But there is also an option do just a 1 hour set if required.
- Who are your previous clients?Countless clients for weddings and private events, Debenhams store, Port Lympne Zoo, Priory Meadow Shopping Centre, Bannatyne Spa Hotel - Hastings, Powdermills Hotel - Battle, Cavendish Hotel - Battle, Leeds Castle, Hastings Pier plus many more.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, birthday parties, corporate events. Hotel, bar & restaurant entertainment, shop promotions.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, birthday parties, corporate events, bar & restaurant entertainment, shop promotions
Current Swing Repertoire:
1. Ain’t That A Kick In The Head - Dean Martin
2. All I Do Is Dream Of You - Michael Bublé
3. Ballerina - Nat King Cole
4. Beyond The Sea - Bobby Darin