"DECENT CHAPS" fronted by Alan Walker, has played at many prestigious events up and down the country. Decent Chaps quartet has played for Jimmy Carr, Baby Lifeline National Charity Events, Kate Adie, Kenneth Clarke MP, Richard Baker, Freddie Flintoff, Nick Owen to name but a few and play nationwide at many weddings/civil partnerships, birthday/cocktail/dinner/garden parties, balls and civic and corporate functions. Our repertoire includes Jazz, Swing, Latin, Jump-Jive, Trad-Dixie, 1920s-1940s and Ratpack and is excellent for both background and for dancing later in the evening. The instrumentation comprises clarinet, saxophones, flute, piano, vocals, backing vocals, double bass, guitar and drums and we have our own stage lighting. We provide suitable background music during the breaks.
Heather• May 3, 2017
5 out of 5 stars! Excellent!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A top class professional band playing jazz, swing, Latin, Ratpack and jump-jive on clarinet, saxes, piano, double bass, guitar, drums with vocals and backing vocals.
- What are the highlights of your career?Too many highlights to mention, but a memorable one was playing to a crowd of 40,000 in Harrow London - dancing in the streets!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Always, always reliable and trustworthy - smart, funny, friendly and approachable and professional at all times. We can go out as a solo, duo, trio, quartet or quintet to suit your venue or budget. We will also do our best to arrange a tune for you if not in our repertoire.
- Who are your previous clients?Decent Chaps quartet has played for Jimmy Carr, Baby Lifeline National Charity Events, Kate Adie, Kenneth Clarke MP, Richard Baker, Freddie Flintoff, Nick Owen to name but a few and play nationwide at many weddings/civil partnerships, birthday/cocktail/dinner/garden parties, balls and civic and corporate functions.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Event planners can pay for our services by cheque, cash or online banking.
We have a large repertoire of jazz, swing, Latin, rat pack, jump-jive, 1920s-1940s, trad, dixie, boogie-woogie etc etc. We have approx a 10-15min break in each hour, during which we play background music.
Our minimum set booking is for 2 hours and the longest we like to take is for 4 hours, but of course everything is negotiable so if you wanted Decent Chaps to play in the afternoon and then later in the evening, then all of this can be arranged and accommodated.