In this digital age there’s not much mystery left in the world – until you watch David Fung perform. David’s own unique brand of magic, a combination of the classics infused with a modern twist, is guaranteed to leave you mesmerised and scrambling for answers.
As a lifelong student and performer of the art of magic, David brings a collection of polished routines and showmanship to his performances, whether in up-close magic or on the stage. As an Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle and having performed at a wide range of occasions from corporate events to children’s parties and everything in between, you can ensure your guests are left thoroughly entertained when David enters the room.
He is a magical magician.
Saw David as the wizard of James & the Giant Peach. Fantastic magic, adults and children loved it. My 6 year old grandaughter was mesmerised as was grandad. Fabulous.
David's close up magic was amazing! When I first saw him he had children captivate and even adults exclaimed and asked how he was doing it?!?!? David simply replied with its all magic. Wonderful.
David had a large crowd memorised for all of his set at the Maddermarket Theatre Bar! Amazing magic performed with great humour won our audience over instantly!
David did a gig at our motorsport club dinner. Between courses he did a show at each table and then at the end of the
meal he performed for the whole crew. Everybody at the event was very impressed with David‘s performance and I
have absolutely no hesitation in recommending him as a guest performer at dinners, Weddings etc.
He is a smooth and competent magician. And I wish him the best for the future.
- What experience do you have working with children?In a past life, David taught English to children from ages 4-12, and loves the energy and excitement children bring to a performance. Since, David has worked with children of different ages, captivating their imagination with magic, and at the same time bringing a professional and managed approach to the performance.
- How long do you need to set up?David generally arrives at the venue an hour before guests are expected to do minimal setup and finalise arrangements with the event host.
- How many people will you perform for?David's platform magic can play for crowds in the hundreds, depending on the venue. However, technical aspects will need to be discussed in this case to ensure he can be seen and heard! David's close-up magic and show works best for groups of 8-10 people - but the best thing is that it can be repeated for different groups! At a typical dinner event, David will take his act to each table between courses to entertain guests and bring energy to the room. For smaller groups, for example a small dinner party, David would perform a full after-dinner close-up magic show for all the guests, perhaps with a few short bits throughout dinner too!
- What type of magic do you performDavid’s own unique brand of magic has been described as a combination of the classics infused with a modern twist and is guaranteed to leave you mesmerised and scrambling for answers. Take a look at the photos and videos available to get a feel of the modern and artistic feel.
- How long is the act?David's platform act can run from a few minutes to get attention and introduce the speaker or awards, to 40mins after-dinner entertainment or more. David's close-up magic can fill brief gaps between courses, keep guests entertained during downtime at weddings, and bring energy to, and break the ice of the room at any event. It may be for a larger part of the day at an all-day event (a wedding, conference or daytime function) or just a short time during a dinner or drink reception.
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes, David's performance can be adapted to the venue be it indoor, outdoor, seated, standing, stage, platform,... upside down?!
Close-up magic, platform magic, mix and mingle, weddings, parties, corporate and private functions.
Emphasis on entertaining, visual, audience-interactive performance.