Dancing Feet ceilidh band are based in Kirriemuir, and play all over Scotland, the UK and further afield! With a unique line-up of fiddle, pipes, flute, sax, guitar, cajon. vocals and caller, their music is great to listen to and even better to dance to, and with such a diverse instrumentation keeps everyone entertained. They have developed their unique sound by using live looping to create a big band sound with only two musicians! The band are used to accommodating a wide age range, and will engage children in the dancing too if they are about, and can incorporate waltzes for the older members of the group. When dancers want a rest, they will perform a song or tuneset from their vast repertoire....a great night is guaranteed for all!
Dancing Feet offer wedding packages, from an evening ceilidh to a full day of music, playing for your ceremony, drinks reception, wedding breakfast and evening reception. Packages can be built up according to you and how you would like your day to go. Th...
Janice Grimley-Evans• 22 Sep 2018
This event was cancelled by the client but we have worked with Dancing Feet before and can highly recommend their services.
Yvonne• 10 Nov 2018
Absolutely amazing! They did a great job! Best band I've heard and when Roddy played the pipes everyone in the room loved it! Well done and thank you so much for making my babies naming ceremony so memorable! Absolutely fantastic!
Paul McGrath• 10 Mar 2017
Dancing Feet played at our wedding reception on July 21 , 2017 in Kingussie Scotland . They were everything we expected and more. Fantastic musicians and great people . Great value great prices . I would recommend them to anyone
Catherine• 7 Oct 2017
Excellent from start to finish. We couldn’t have asked for more. Lots of people said they did dances they had never done before but it didn’t stop them trying! The music and pace was perfectly matched to our party and the people there. Many thanks!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:High energy ceilidh band with fiddle, pipes, flute, sax, guitar and bodrhan, playing Scottish and Irish tunes and songs.
- What are the highlights of your career?We tour in France/Belgium annually playing for danse associations and village associations and love it! St Andrews Day Street Ceilidh 2014 and 2015 ceilidh performance Macau 2016
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Our two piece band sounds live a 5 peice band as we create live loops during our performance on cajon, fiddle and guitar - tunes are palyed on fiddle, pipes, flute and saxophone, creating a sound that is exciting, fun and great to dance to! We also have a wide range of songs and tunes to keep people entertained when they want a rest from dancing.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?weddings, parties and social gatherings, outdoor events, community events, corporate functions,
- Who are your previous clients?Lots of people like you!
- How long do you play for?It varies, as we negotiate each performance with our clients to ensure they get the event that they want....usually for an evening ceilidh it is a couple of sets, lasting 1/1.5 hrs.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?YES!
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?YES!
- How much space do you require?5m by 3m
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?With enoguh notice, if we can learn something we will - but our setlist is only representitive of everything we play so we may well already know it!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Each event is individual, and we plan the evening with the client so that everything runs smoothly. Our experience means that we can help the client where necessary and our flexibility mean that you get the evenign that you want!
Dance sample list:
Big circle mixer
Canadian barn dance
Dashing white sergeant
Cumberland square eight