Available throughout the UK as a solo performer with acoustic guitar, vocals, harmonica and percussion.
Curtis Thorpe is a singer/songwriter and performer of popular music originally hailing from North Wales. He is a highly accomplished performer of popular covers either solo or in numerous bands for the function and corporate market but also performs his own music and works with up and coming and already established artists on their material. Having spent a great deal of his music career over the past decade in various bands gaining live experience and musicianship he is now performing as a solo artist and gigs extensively throughout the UK .
Curtis provides the right music for whichever event he is booked to play, whether that be performing the best cover versions from all era's in the function market, his own material in the original market or working with other artists on their material; absolute quality and professionalism is guaranteed.
amanda sneap• Aug. 10, 2019
We were extremely happy with Curtis, his singing was great and he was most accommodating, Playing music between sets. Once we had discussed the program he just got on with it, no hassle, allowing us to enjoy the event. Great communication with him beforehand too.
Sophia• July 27, 2019
Curtis played at my engagement party and he was great. Didn’t need any prompt to perform classics and new music which was entertaining for people of all ages.
Would highly recommend!
Elena• May 22, 2019
It was wonderful. Curtis took an order which could seem quite unusual. He had to perform in front of dozens of girls at a boarding school as a birthday present for one of them. He did absolutely amazing. The girls were singing along and the atmosphere was really great. Thanks to Curtis!
ashley williams• May 18, 2019
Absolutely superb singer entertained the crowd got people involved and very helpful would recommend to anyone everyone couldn’t praise him enough. Superb day can’t thank him enough
Ed• Aug. 2, 2019
Curtis, can I just say thank you again for playing at our wedding. You have been brilliant and very heard many very positive reviews from our friends and family. Thanks again!
- Cathedral 73, Cardiff
Katie Taylor• July 20, 2019
Curtis was excellent. He is an excellent musician and singer and very friendly with the crowd without being overbearing. We were really pleased with the set and he was happy to learn new songs at our request. Also, excellent value for money. Fully recommended.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, pubs, music festivals, live music venues, birthday parties
- Who are your previous clients?Various pubs and bars, wedding clients including prestigious venues such as Mathern Palace. For specific details please contact me for more information.
- How long do you play for?Usually 2x 45 minute sets as standard, but any length can be arranged
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, own full PA and disco lights are provided. I can also provide this for DJ services, or for playing music before and between sets.
- How much space do you require?Aslong as I can set up the PA on speaker stands and have room to stand I can perform anywhere
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, I will learn it
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I usually take a 20 minute break between sets but this can be arranged based on preferences
George Ezra - Paradise, Shotgun
Ed Sheeran - Castle on the hill
The Proclaimers - 500 miles
Dua Lipa - Be The One
Queen - Crazy little thing called love
Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
Walk The Moon - Shut Up And Dance
Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire
Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline
Shallow - Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper
Mark Ronson - Uptown Funk
Sigrid - Don't Feel Like Crying
Outkast - Hey Ya
Oasis - Wonderwall
The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
Rihanna, Kanye - FourFiveSeconds
Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire
Prince - Kiss
Usher - U Remind Me
David Bowie - Lets Dance
Status Quo - Rockin all over the world
Bryan Adams - Summer of 69
Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You
Amy Winehouse - Valerie
Chaka Khan - Ain’t Nobody
UB40 - Red Red Red Wine
The Beatles - Love Me Do
Tina Turner - Proud Mary
Bill Withers - Ain’t No Sunshine
Aretha Franklin - R.E.S.P.E.C.T
The Temptations - My Girl
Ben E King - Stand By Me
The Isley Brothers - Shout
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under The Bridge
Tom Jones - Sexbomb
Green Day - Time off your life
+ many more
I am also happy to learn new requests!