Chris taylor Caricatures
I have over 10 years experience of drawing humorous caricatures at corporate events, birthday parties and weddings. I can work in a 'mix and mingle' way and also sitting with individuals in a quieter space, if they prefer. Average 15-20 guests can be drawn per hour. Bookings can be made for a minimum of 1-2 hours, till as long as needed. I like to connect with my subjects and make them feel at ease. I am never cruel with my depictions of people, just accentuate certain features to bring out the unique person they are always appreciated and great entertainment value for both the and their friends/family.
I have a range of different wedding caricature packages to suit your needs. Enquire for more info.
Ben Patrick• June 8, 2019
Chris was amazing. Very friendly and easy going. We didn't get through everyone in time and Chris was happy to stay that little bit longer to ensure everyone had a keepsake to take home.
Alistair Taylor• Nov. 24, 2018
What a superb person and extremely talented artist. So easy to work with, very flexible and amiable and boy can this guy work miracles with dodgy noses and double chins. Many people left proudly with great moments of a truly wonderful evening. Highly, very highly, recommended.
Victoria Lamond• Oct. 21, 2018
We were so pleased with Chris on our wedding day. He was professional, fun and a special touch for the day!
John Hoolahan• Sept. 8, 2018
"Chris attended my wedding reception and was a hit with the guests.It was certainly a great idea to have him as it was my first time hiring a carricaturist and would advise anyone thinking of one to do it and hire home.Personally I would like to thank Chris for his hard work.
John and Anne."
Tena Berretti• July 4, 2018
Absolutely fantastic. He went down a treat. At one point there was a queue! Drawings were first class. Can’t thank him enough x
Emily Dawson• May 19, 2018
Chris was excellent - we couldn't have asked for a better artist. Very easy to book, professional service and the guests were really happy.
- How long is the act?I usually work a minimum of 2 hours, though can work up to half day or longer if required (with breaks!)
- What is included in the wedding package?I offer 3 wedding packages. 1. Drawing guests for duration of booking time. 2. Drawing guests and Top table group caricature in situ. 3. Drawing guests and bringing to the reception., a pre-drawn (in colour) caricature of the wedding couple, which has a mount surrounding it which guests can sign as it is displayed on an easel in reception area- a unique memento of the day.
- What other services to you provide?A pre-drawn caricature of Bride&Groom prior to the wedding day; this can be done by photos or digital images via email. The caricature on A3 size paper can also be mounted and guest sign the mount with comments -adding extra memento of the big day. This provision is available at 40% discount on normal charge, if the artist is commissioned to perform for a caricature wedding session. The pre- drawn or painted caricature can also be digitally reproduced and applied for a great image to use on invite or Thank you cards.
- Do you need specific materials or conditions to offer your service?I bring all necessary materials with me. I am quite flexible about where I work, and can usually adapt to the surroundings and lighting. I can offer a more personal seated set-up with an easel, with folks who may prefer this; this can be a good alternative set up for drawing couples or a group of people. Otherwise I can work walking around drawing and mingling with guests.
- How much time do you need to prepare for an act?approx 15 mins if setting up an easel area. 10-15 min on average.
* Caricature session at weddings for drinks reception and /or during sit down dinner, also for evening reception guests.
* Pre-wedding or pre-event caricature from photos, which can be displayed on an easel at the event ( guests can sign the surrounding mount card).A lovely keepsake
* Commissions taken for individual or group caricature: friends, relatives, partner, colleagues etc. Head& shoulders or full figure and more detail.