Chris Tavener is a singer-songwriter known for performing over 300 gigs a year. He played 351 gigs in 2016 alone! Whether it's a wedding, a christening, a birthday, an opening ceremony - Chris has done it all. His unique voice and guitar-playing style has seen him garner attention from BBC 6 Music, BBC Introducing, Jamie Lawson, Carl Barat of The Libertines and many fans across the country. Manchester Academy selected him to perform a huge support show for Peep Show's Super Hans and he played The Lowry Lyric Theatre for Children In Need in December 2018.
Also in 2018, Chris took on a 3-week European tour to The Netherlands, Germany and France, playing songs at 15 headline shows. That was quickly followed by a UK Tour, visiting 14 different cities to perform ticketed headline shows, right across the UK. The response was overwhelming and he's now writing material for a feature film documentary, the social media giant Viral Thread and for Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Chris is one of the most hard-working musicians in the North West. His cover song sets are energetic and highly engaging for an audience. The material he plays is a varied array of songs to suit all ages from 1950s rock 'n' roll right through to modern pop and indie. He's adaptable to many venues, audience sizes and varieties.
Kamran• Feb. 14, 2019
"Chris was amazing
Chris was professional and accommodating and I will certainly be using his services again! Thankyou Chris for making this valentines extra special"
George roberts• June 22, 2019
Chris came to play at our garden party. He was fantastic, all our guests commented on how good his performance was. It was an amazing night. Would highly recommend Chris for any event. We will definitely be booking him again!
George & Lisa :) x
- What kind of events do you usually serve?I serve every kind of event from weddings, birthdays, christenings, anniversaries, pub socials and many more. I've play in restaurants, gardens, rooftops and even played on a barge! I'm extremely adaptable. I can provide a variety of songs that everyone knows and loves or specialised themed music such as 50s rock 'n' roll.
- Who are your previous clients?The Acoustic Lounge, Poynton The Great British Food Festival Peaky Blinders, Liverpool The Cavern, Liverpool Telford's Warehouse, Chester Pizza Express, Leeds Pave, Hull Spice Of Life, London Bigger venues include: Manchester Academy Manchester City Ethiad Stadium The Lowry Lyric Theatre, Salford Royal Northern College of Music Night & Day Cafe
- How long do you play for?Up to 2 hours, depending on the event
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I can supply a 250 watt HK audio PA. Perfect for pubs, bars, restaurants and venues
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?No
- How much space do you require?A very small space will be required. A corner will do. Less than 2 metres squared.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?For private events and special events I can play requested songs
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I usually take a 15 minute break between my two sets