Based in London, Chris James is an up and coming singer from the UK who has emerged onto the scene as one of the best voices around, with a deep and rich timbre that's smooth but powerful. Chris began performing from the age of 15 and achieved success in his early days with his high school band getting play time on BBC Radio 1, Radio 2 and supporting bands like 'Reef' and 'Basement Jaxx'. He went on to study at the Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts where he graduated shaking hands with one of his idols Paul McCartney.
After this he secured international residencies in places such as the Cape Verde Islands, entertaining hundreds in high-class hotels. As a professional jazz singer Chris has been noted for his spectacular live shows. Working with numerous renowned acts such as The Phil Shotton Big Band, his headline show sold out in theatres across the country. Some previous clients of Chris include The Waldorf Hotel, The Mayfair Hotel, Everton Football Club, Titanic Hotel, She Ne...
Sara Wetherell• 10 Feb 2018
Chris was an absolute star! He has a fantastic voice and entertained us all night.
Thank you so very much for helping to make our night so special
sarah baker• 15 Oct 2017
Chris done brilliantly great voice and great interaction with all at the party will definitely be booking Chris again.
lucy perry• 19 Jan 2019
Chris was amazing. He came to perform at my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary and everyone loved him, even the dog!! Have already booked him again
David Sakol• 17 Feb 2018
Chris was absolutely great. A real professional with a super voice in the style of=f Sinatra. A great MC. All the guests commented on how great he was to listen to. He made the evening. Highly recommended!
Sandra Hendry• 26 Oct 2017
Chris sang for us at a corporate Christmas event, he has a fantastic voice and his choice of music was perfect for the occasion. Chris couldn't have been more helpful, and we would definitely hire him again!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually 15min break between 2 x 45min sets but can be flexible
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Depending on the tune, yes. With bookings over 85mins Chris will learn a song free of charge.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes a full, almost new PA system but no lighting.
- How much space do you require?Require very little space with the current setup.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How long do you play for?Performances can range anywhere from 1 x 60 sets to 4 x 30 mins sets, 2 x 45mins or even 2 x 60mins. Anything above 2hrs total would need to be discussed individually.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Preferably via bank transfer either before or on the day of event. Cash on the day is also an option if preferred.
- Who are your previous clients?Chris has done work for Everton Football Club, She Network and other big name companies
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Birthday Parties, Weddings, Anniversaries, Hotels, Jazz clubs, Christmas Parties e.t.c
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Chris can adapt and tailor the bookings to your needs. Although jazz and swing are his expertise he can sing a wide range of genres from Elvis to Bruno Mars. Chris can also learn a special song for you free of charge with bookings over 85mins.
- What are the highlights of your career?Performed a sold out theatre tour across the Northwest as the headline act in Theatres such as: The Crewe Lyceum, The Theatre Clwyd and The Little Theatre Southport.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Chris James is a Jazz/Swing singer based in London, one of the best crooners around, a rising star on the UK Jazz Scene
Fly me to the moon
I get a kick out of you
Strangers in the night
The lady is a tramp
Ive got you under my skin
Beyond the sea
Georgia on my mind
Wonderwall - Paul A...