The King of Swing - Chris James is widely regarded across the UK as one of the best crooners around and is an essential addition to any event looking for the best in entertainment.
Choose performances ranging from a One Man Show to a full 17 piece Big Band!
Chris works with some of the best jazz musicians in country, regularly selling out concerts and performing with the very highly regarded, Phil Shotton Big Band.
He studied at the prestigious Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts, founded by Sir Paul McCartney, and has since then gone on to perform all across the country and abroad for clients such as: Everton Football Club, The Waldorf Hotel, The Mayfair Hotel, BCG Digital ventures, Lockley Homes, Radisson Blu Hotels, Steven Gerrard's - The Vincent Restaurant and Hotel, Saracens RFC, Liverpool John Moores University, Marriott Hotels, Mccarthy and Stone, Alexander James Interior Design, She Network, Southport Rotary Club, to name a few.
Book now - don't miss out!
Cindy barnes• July 13, 2019
Highly recommend this singer , professional , patient and all around great guy
Dolores Watkins• June 15, 2019
Chris was superb! We thoroughly enjoyed his performance. Thank you so much.
Nina Goswami• May 25, 2019
Chris is a fantastic singer and he judged his performance just right for the audience for my parent’s 50th Wedding Anniversary.
Our guests ranged from children to elders so he sang a brilliant mix of Rat Pack, Jazz, Swing, Elvis and modern songs.
On the day, and since, our guests have been telling us how great Chris was. We highly recommend him. Thanks Chris for making the event a special one.
lucy perry• Jan. 19, 2019
Chris was amazing. He came to perform at my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary and everyone loved him, even the dog!! Have already booked him again
Natalie• Oct. 6, 2018
What a fabulous singer and entertainer. Chris James did not disappoint. He put on a brilliant show. Highly recommended. We all had a great night!! Thank you.
David Sakol• Feb. 17, 2018
Chris was absolutely great. A real professional with a super voice in the style of=f Sinatra. A great MC. All the guests commented on how great he was to listen to. He made the evening. Highly recommended!
Services From The King Of Swing - Chris James
King Of Swing - One Man Show - 2 x 45 Minutes
King Of Swing - 4 Piece Swing Band - 2 Hours
King Of Swing - Jazz Duo - 1.5 Hours
King of Swing - 3 Piece Vintage Band - 2 Hours
King of Swing - Postmodern Jukebox Show - 2 Hours
King of Swing - One Man Show - 1 Hour
- What are the highlights of your career?Headlining a sold out theatre tour with a 17 piece Big Band performing in prestigious venues such as the Crewe Lyceum, Southport Theatre and Theatre Clwyd.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Over 10 years experience in music and performance, trained at prestigious LIPA founded by Paul McCartney, comes with some of the best jazz musicians in the country, can sing most anything to a top class standard from Swing to Modern Day floor fillers.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Corporate Events, Birthday Parties, Weddings, Anniversaries, Hotels, Restaurants, Jazz clubs, Christmas Parties, Golf Clubs e.t.c
- Who are your previous clients?Everton Football Club, The Waldorf Hotel, The Mayfair Hotel, BCG Digital ventures, Lockley Homes, Radisson Blu Hotels, Steven Gerrard's - The Vincent Restaurant and Hotel, Saracens RFC, Liverpool John Moores University, Marriott Hotels, Mccarthy and Stone, Alexander James Interior Design, She Network, Southport Rotary Club, to name a few.
- How can event planners pay for your services?BACS Transfer or Cash on day of performance
- How long do you play for?Performance sets and times vary depending on requirements: Most Popular: 2 x 45min sets, 1 x 60min sets Other formats: 2 x 60min sets, 4 x 30min sets, 2 x 30 min sets
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?A new top of the range P.A system. No lighting provided.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Varies depending on format - Solo, Quartet, Big Band e.t.c
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, if desired, Chris can learn and perform a special song free of charge with bookings of 90mins or more.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Normally 1 break of around 15mins but can vary depending on the requirements or format of the show.
Offering a wide range of shows to suit all requirements: Corporate Events, Weddings, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Hotel and Restaurant.
Format varies from a One Man Show to a full 17 piece Big Band and everything in between.
Set list includes all the best songs from the legendary crooners such as Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bobby Darin, Nat King Cole, Perry Como and more.
Sure to kick any party into gear repertoire also includes many Rock n Roll tunes from the greats such as Elvis, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis and others + modern songs from artists like Bruno Mars, Pharrell and Justin Timberlake.