I am a professional weddings and events pianist. I trained at the Royal College of Music.
- Should the piano at the venue be regularly tuned and maintained?Yes, definitely - this is the responsibility of the venue. It needs to sound good for the client and should also be in good playing order for the pianist. It is in everyone's interest for the piano to sound lovely!
- When should the deposit and balance of the fee be paid?In order to secure the booking, a deposit (which is a variable amount, according to the fee) should be paid instantly. I require the balance of the fee to be paid at any time prior to the engagement and no later than a week before the engagement. Both deposit and balance are to be paid by bank transfer.
- Are deposits refundable?Once a booking is made, I reserve the day and time and cannot therefore give it to another client. The deposit also takes into account that, as soon as a booking is made, I will be working on the music, which very often involves learning new songs. Regrettably therefore, the deposit is non-refundable.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?One every two hours of about 15'.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I can play ANYTHING you request.
- How much space do you require?Enough space for my piano, stand and amp. Usually tucks away quite nicely in a corner.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?I have Public Liability Insurance. My equipment is tested.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have my own Fender amplifier.
- How long do you play for?For however long you would like to hear my piano music!
I can provide sophisticated piano music for weddings, corporate events and private parties. I play all genres of music, from classical to pop, cocktail, jazz and film music. I can play ANY song or pie...