The Carnaby Army are an authentic sounding 6 piece 60s band. Now moving into theatres with large productions, but we still love playing private parties. This is as close to the original as you're going to hear the biggest hits from arguably the greatest decade of music the world has ever heard including hits from The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, The Who, The Animals, Cream, Johnny Kid and the Pirates, Lovin Spoonful, The Zombies, Swingin' Blue Jeans and many more...
We use a hybrid blend of top of the range and vintage equipment to recreate the original tone of 60's bands for a modern audience.
We can also incorporate a highly experienced DJ for your event, available on request.
Jaime Spurdle• June 23, 2018
The band were amazing! Their performance was brilliant we had so many people commenting how good they were. The communication with the band from start to finish was excellent and they were so helpful with ideas and suggestions if their own and on the day itself they were very accommodating regards last minute changes to the itinerary. I will definitely be booking them again in the future.
Alice Martins de Castro• Feb. 21, 2017
Saw the Carnaby Army recently. Amazing band, great music, fabulous atmosphere.... Will definitely be going to see them again.
Loco Lil• Jan. 31, 2017
Had the privilege of seeing the New year in listening to these guys. Absolute amazing band covering all the classics of the 60s. A right crowd pleaser be sure to bring your dancing shoes! I'll have em at my wedding!
Jane• Dec. 31, 2016
I've seen these guys several times and they just get better and better. Great stage performance, exciting and talented musicians. Definitely a band going places.
Services From Carnaby Army
Authentic 60s Cover Band 2 x 60 Mins Set
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Authentic sounding 6 piece 60's cover band plus DJ (extra)
- What are the highlights of your career?Band: Continuous compliments from people who were there in the 60's. We're gaining quite a reputation, a good one that is! Apollon beach parties in Greece, playing to 8000 happy faces!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We can provide a full package including 6 piece band, sound system, sound engineer, lighting and experienced DJ. We have spent hundreds of hours in the studio to recreate the sound of the original recording and work continuously to recreate the original sound if the band we are covering, we sound like, The Beatles, The Doors, The Kinks, The Who, The Animals etc... We use authentic equipment where possible, old Epiphone/Gibson/Fender guitars and Vox valve amps Our singer sounds like Jim Morrison and Eric Burdon's love child.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Bars/clubs/corporate/weddings/birthdays/festivals/theatres
- Who are your previous clients?Carnaby Army (Band): Bars and clubs in and around South London: The Edge, The Surprise, Hoodoo's, Crows Nest and dozens of private events in and around London DJ, over 2500 gigs. IBIZA: Es Paradis, Manumission - Amnesia) Eden, Sands, Kanya, Eden Rooms, Aqua, Bay Bar, Tulip, Orange Corner, Ibiza Rocks, Bora Bora, Koppas, Play 2, Viva, Mambo, Hush. RHODES, GREECE: Sinners, Breeze, Q Club, Bed Club, Liquid, Oscars, Jamaica bar, 24, Frequency, Climax, Chaplins, Bedrock and Apollon Beach parties 2001 - 2007. LONDON: Egg, Bar Sia, International, Scala, Fire, Cargo, Light bar, Mango's. Corporate clients include Fortnum & Mason, John Lewis, Lakshmi Mittal, Charles Worthington, Spamalot (London musical cast party), Victorinox, Financial Times, MBNA. Also over 200 private parties/weddings/anniversaries/school disco's in the UK
- How can event planners pay for your services?PayPal, bank transfer, cash
- How long do you play for?Band up to 3 hours. DJ up to 6 hours.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have a set of Mackie SRM 450v2 tops and a pair Alto 15" subs to deliver a punchy sound plus all the necessary stage monitors, all skillfully mixed through a 16 channel desk by our very own sound engineer Mark Taylor (Peter Gabriel, Sugarhill Gang, Scissor Sisters, Damon Albarn & Chaz & Dave) Lighting comes in the form of uplighters, ADJ dekkers and ADJ moving head scanners. Smoke machine and pin spot laser also available.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes and yes
- How much space do you require?Enough for 6 musicians including keyboard and drum kit & mixing desk (sound engineer) plus DJ booth if required.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Of course we will, but please give us plenty of notice so we can play it perfectly.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?1 to 2 breaks 15 - 30 mins
- What style of music do you offer?We specialise in music from the 1960's
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?Of course, as long as you give us notice to rehearse it.
Barret Strong~Money (that's what I want)
Booker T & The MG's~Green Onions
Captain Beefheart~Diddy Wah Diddy
Chuck Berry~Johnny B. Goode
Cream~Sunshine of your love
David Bowie ~ Changes
David Bowie - Heroes
David Bowie ~ Life on Mars
David Bowie ~ Rebel Rebel
Iggy Pop - Lust for Life
Jeffeson Airplane ~ White Rabbit
Jerry Lee Lewis~Great Balls of Fire
Jimi Hendrix - Crosstown Traffic
Johnny Kid and the Pirates~Shakin all over
Ray Charles - What'd I say
Spencer Davis Group~Gimme some lovin'
Spencer Davis Group~Keep on Running
Steppenwolf~Born to be wild
Swingin Blue Jeans~Hippie Hippie Shake
T Rex~Get it on
The Animals~House of the rising sun
The Animals~Please don't let me be misunderstood
The Animals~We gotta get out of this place
The Beatles~Come Together
The Beatles ~ Don't let me down
The Beatles~Drive my car
The Beatles - Get back
The Beatles ~ Hey Bulldog
The Beatles~Hey Jude
The Beatles ~ I feel fine
The Beatles~I saw her standing there
The Beatles~We can work it out
The Doors~Break on through
The Doors~Hello, I love you
The Doors~Light my Fire
The Doors~People are strange
The Doors ~ Riders on the storm
The George Baker Selection~Little green bag
The Kingsmen~Louis Louis
The Kinks~All day and all of the night
The Kinks~Sunny Afternoon
The Kinks~Waterloo Sunset
The Lovin Spoonful~Summer in the City
The Rolling Stones ~ Brown Sugar
The Rolling Stones~Get off my cloud
The Rolling Stones~Jumpin Jack Flash
The Rolling Stones~Paint it black
The Rolling Stones~Satisfaction
The Rolling Stones~Sympathy for the Devil
The Rolling Stones ~ The last time
The Rolling Stones ~ Time is on my side
The Rolling Stones~You can't always get what you want
The Troggs~Wild thing
The Who~Baba O’Riley
The Who~My generation
The Who ~ Substitute
The Who~The Seeker
The Who~Won't get fooled again
The Zombies~She’s not there