Solo Guitarist & Soulful Singer using a looper performs Old school Reggae Rocksteady Soulful sounding Soul RnB Rap Funk Jazz Studio One type Specialist Singer/Musician Carlton Hunter who has performed with the Northern Soul band Jimmy James and the Vagabonds in 1989, a song he wrote in 1980' as a teenager You Know Why on Union Records is creating a Buzz at the moment. Listen on and you'll find Carlton Sings short taster's live versions of Jamaican Studio One type Classic's like:
1. Dennis Browns ‘Cheater ‘style in Studio One,
2. Marvin Gaye's ‘Let’s get it on’ in the original style,
3. Brook Benton's ‘Endlessly’ in 90's Reggae style,
4.Dennis Browns ’Rain from the sky’ style in Studio One,
5.Cool and the Gang's ‘Too Hot’ in RnB Hip Hop Style,
6. KC White's ‘Anywhere But Nowhere’ originally styled
7. Heatwave’s ‘Always and forever’ originally styled,
8. Chosen Few’s ‘Don't Break your Promise’ originally styled,
9. ‘Tell Me Baby’ Unknown Studio one styled,
10. Bob Mar...
Julia• 20 Dec 2018
"I loved your gig in La Iguana, you've got a great voice mate. Hope you come back soon.
Uda diehl• 10 Nov 2018
"I always loved your voice and the way you are singing ' it goes under my skin ' - Looking forward to hearing you in Barcelona - love Uda
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Jamaican Reggae, Soul Jazz Specialist with a focus of rocksteady or 60's & 70's Reggae studio one style with the great like Bob Marley, Dennis brown, Alton Ellis, etc.
- What are the highlights of your career?I am a Solo Guitarist and Singer who has performed all over England Scotland and wales with Jimmy James and the Vagabonds in 1990 to 91 and has also perform with Jazz funk Ibands Reggae Bands as well as with a Pop Duo and also a solo singer all over the South east of England
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?I am a multi musician who plays or performs and records my own backing tracks to sound as authentic as possible with my many years of experience and my knowledge of the Music I can give a good Idea of what it might have been like to see the original artist performed as I have.
- Who are your previous clients?I recently performed in barcelona at the bar Iguana, also in luton and north london.
- How long do you play for?One Set is 45-50 minutes plus breaks
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?if required I can supply a PA for small gigs
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?YES
- How much space do you require?Approximately 3 square Metre's
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Possibly if I know it and it's within my Genre limit
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?There is no breaks for one Set unless require which will be 15 minutes half time if require more than one set there will be a half hour break in between
ABRAHAM MARTIN AND JOHN MARVIN GAY (REGGAE)
ANYWHERE BUT NOWHERE HIGH KC WHITE/GENE CHANDLER & BARBARA ACKLIN. (REGGAE)
ME AND YOU CARLTON AND THE SHOES. (REGGAE)