Caricatures by Luke Warm
CARICATURES BY LUKE WARM - The Multi-Award Winning Caricaturist for Devon, Cornwall, Somerset, Dorset and Wiltshire!
I'm based in North Devon, have won 5 Best Wedding Entertainment Awards in the past 10 years, my work has been published regularly by many national newspapers including the Financial Times, The Irish Times, and the Press Association and I've over 25 years professional experience entertaining at Weddings, Parties and Corporate Events.
ON THE SPOT CARICATURING
Working on the spot, mix and mingle, it takes me 5-6 minutes to draw each person so typically the number of people drawn would be
1 hour 10-15 - 1.5 hours 15-20 - 2 hours 20-25 - 2.5 hours 25-30 - 3 hours 30-35 - 3.5 hours 35-40 - 4 hours 40-45 etc
When I'm drawing one person there are usually 4 or 5 others guests watching and being entertained. I can work standing or sitting and can bring lights and banners to set up an informal caricature studio if required.
I'm particularly known for my good likenesses and being able to put guests at their ease with an engaging light-hearted manner.
Summer Saturdays are always in high demand and for this reason I offer my most competitive rates for either afternoon (12-5pm) or evening (7-11pm) bookings to try and leave the 5-7pm period free for travel between venues.
CARICATURES FROM PHOTOS
Caricatures drawn from photos make brilliant birthday, leaving, retirement and wedding presents. Up to 40 people can be included on one drawings. They are also used to introduce team members in Powerpoint presentations and on About Us web pages!
A Caricature of the Bride and Groom drawn in advance from photos can also be used on wedding stationery and as a wedding Guestbook - with guests signing on the mount.
PLACE SETTING CARICATURES
My Place Setting Caricatures are drawn in advance of the day from photographs on postcard size Bristol board. I can include the name of each person but half the ice-breaking entertainment value is in trying work out where to sit! They make brilliant Wedding Favours.
Please see my FAQ for more information.
sue malcolm• July 7, 2018
A delight to have and all our guest were highly impressed and went home thrilled with there caricatures portrait. Mark made our guests very welcome and moved easily amongst them producing his fun art work . I would highly recommended booking luke warm for events. thank you poptop for all your help in making my party a very happy event .
Karen Heard• June 2, 2018
Lukewarm was fantastic, interacted with everyone, was a great guy, and did awesome drawings. Would definitely recommend him for any celebration, helped to make our day so special. Thank you so much
Seb• June 22, 2019
For a last minute idea it went perfectly! I contacted Mark Nesbitt 2 weeks before my wedding, and from a set of photographs and a sketchy idea he gave me some great advice to come up with a caricature of my Best men and ushers. Taking my stag weekend theme of "Little Britain" he developed a sketch that had 100 reception guests rolling with laughter. The idea was completely unique and has given me, and my closest friends a great memento of the wedding. To deliver such a personal service, with such quality in such a short space of time was great, and worth every penny. I would highly recommend Mark and would be pleased to use his services again
Andrew• May 24, 2019
Thank you. It looks splendid. (group caricature of Leavers drawn on the spot at Harrow School)
Deborah• April 20, 2019
The feedback from our guests on the caricatures provided was excellent. Everybody enjoyed the experience and there were guests lining up to be drawn! Our guests commented that this was one of the things that made our wedding different and memorable. Mark's friendly personality put everyone at ease and got the best out of his 'caricatures'! He arrived promptly, was well attired and simply got on with the job. He was very accommodating and easy to work with in terms of booking etc. and I cannot recommend him highly enough!
Penny & Neil• April 13, 2019
Caricatures by Luke Warm went the extra mile for our wedding. He represented very good value for money and stayed later than expected to cover all our guests who found the whole experience very personal and enjoyable. We would thoroughly recommend him as a most accommodating and talented entertainer.
Services From Caricatures by Luke Warm
A4 Studio Caricature from Photos
Caricaturing Live at Wedding Receptions
Caricaturing Live at Events
- How long is the act?A typical performance is 2-3 hours. It takes me 5-6 minutes to draw each person in felt tip and so in a booking of 2 hours I'd expect to draw 20-25 people and in 3 hours 30-35. When I'm drawing one person there are generally 4 or 5 others watching and being entertained.
- What is included in the wedding package?Caricatures drawn on the spot as entertainment and handed to your guests immediately at no further charge. I always draw the Bride and Groom together at their wedding.
- What other services to you provide?Caricatures drawn in advance of the wedding from photos - including a caricature of the Bride and Groom for use on Save the Date Cards, Wedding Stationery, as a Wedding Guestbook etc, Caricature Place Setting cards of all the guests, Caricatures of Best Man, Bridesmaids, Ushers etc as Thank You presents, Group caricatures of the whole wedding party etc.
- Do you need specific materials or conditions to offer your service?Drawing indoors or outdoors are both fine but I do need enough light to comfortably read the small print on a newspaper as well as protection from wind and rain. I bring my own PAT tested lights for evening work. To set up my mini studio area I need a space of about 2m x 3m, access to a standard 13amp plug socket for my lights and the use of 3 armless chairs. I have £5 million in Public Liability Insurance.
- How much time do you need to prepare for an act?I always arrive discretely 15-30minutes early to ensure I'm ready to start at the agreed time.
- What timings work best at Weddings?There are two times caricaturing at Weddings works best: First as an ice-breaker immediately after the wedding ceremony at the beginning of the wedding when close family and friends tend to be very occupied with photos while other guests may be less involved. At this time I work standing and move quickly round the party drawing people individually on A4 card. By the time the wedding breakfast starts there are usually 15-20 drawings circulating round the party. I usually then continue into the wedding breakfast and often help keep greeting queue bubbling and cover any delays in table service. This is generally the first opportunity I have to draw the bride and groom together at the top table and I bring a small stool for this purpose. I can also keep the children entertained during the speeches. The second time is later on at the start of the evening entertainment when I can provide a highly original lead in to the disco and dancing. At this time I usually start by drawing standing but soon move to a seated caricature studio area I've set up earlier with lights and banners and then draw couples on A3. By this stage in the reception the guests are usually relaxed and happy to come to me to be drawn. Summer Saturdays are always in high demand and for this reason I offer my most competitive rates for either afternoon (12-5pm) or evening (7-11pm) bookings and try to leave the 5-7pm period free for travel between venues.
- I can't find the answer to my question!Do please send me a message. I've been working professionally for over 25 years and should be able to help.
- Caricatures drawn on the spot as entertainment at your wedding, party or corporate event (including trade show, exhibition, seminar, training day and award ceremony) in Devon, Cornwall, Somerset, Dorset or Wiltshire.
- Caricatures drawn from your photos for Christmas, wedding, birthday, anniversary, leaving and retirement presents; 1- 40 people can be depicted.
- Caricatures for dinner place settings, guest books and wedding stationery - Hen and Stag tee shirts, Save the Day cards, Invitations, Menus, Thank You notes, personalised wine labels, mouse mats, mugs, edible cake decorations, balloons, banners..even as a wedding Guestbooks!
- Caricatures for commercial websites, intranets, magazines, Powerpoint presentations, Christmas cards, mugs, tee shirts etc
- Caricature demonstrations and workshops, conference cartooning for corporate training days, team building etc.