We are a ceilidh band based in Leeds, Yorkshire who play an exciting and wide range of folk music from across the British Isles, Ireland and America and provide everything you need to ensure that your social event, fundraiser or celebration is relaxed and enjoyable for all. We are all very experienced musicians who love playing together. We provide all the P.A. equipment and a caller to explain all the dances and we are happy to work with organisers to ensure that your event is tailored for you. Our dances are suitable for all ages and levels of experience.
Kate Bolton• May 4, 2019
I hired the Capstick Ceilidh Band to perform at my wedding reception and I could not be happier with their professionalism or their performance. They are excellent musicians, they kept the dance floor full and they managed to teach a lot of people some ceilidh dances that had never been to ceilidh before. I could not recommend them more.
Paul Pattison• Jan. 19, 2019
"The band were excellent and our guests had a great time.
The band were warm and friendly and explained the steps really well, which was a massive help seeing as though most of the guests had never been to a ceilidh before.
I would happily recommend them."
Sharon Bilton• Dec. 1, 2018
Great band, really friendly and accommodating of our needs, everyone had a great time, making it really memorable, would recommend for a birthday party!
Mick Knight• May 29, 2017
A fine bunch of musicians who were basic to a fun time on te floor. Recommended.
Patricia Wilson• June 26, 2017
"They were lovely people and everyone there enjoyed their music.
It was a Country Fair and due to their effort we had people dancing on the grass with straw bales around to sit on, ( we did have some chairs also ) a beer tent and prosecco stall nearby, food on sale.
Happy people !
Job well done.
We would certainly book them again for another event.
Rebecca McLoughlin• Feb. 20, 2017
"Thanks so much to Capstick for an amazing night at the University of Bradford! We held a great night of fun and entertainment and couldn't have done it without this great band. Very accommodating from the very beginning during booking and in the lead up to the event to help create one of the best events the Uni has held in a long time. They were very friendly and a lovely group of people and incredibly talented! As a group of students with little idea of a ceilidh they guided us through the dances and the room was full of laughter and a night not to be forgotten for quite some time.
I would highly recommend Capstick ceilidh band not only for their great price but their talent which created a memorable St. Patrick's night for the Bradford Uni students!"
Andrew Kueh• June 1, 2019
Absolutely superb. They played at my wedding and everyone loved them. It was so much fun. Hilary was also incredibly accommodating and flexible in all organisation. BRILLIANT!
James Wild• Oct. 5, 2019
Absolutely incredible, the band helped us have our dream wedding, and even got the grumpiest of our guests up and dancing. Several people have said to us since that (apart from the ceremony) the ceilidh was their favourite part of the day! Thank you so much for your amazing show!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We are a ceilidh band based in Leeds. We can provide everything you needs including a band, P.A and caller to ensure your event is a huge success.
- What are the highlights of your career?We have played for a number of people in the Yorkshire area although firm favourite is our annual Burns Night ceilidh in aid of St George's Crypt, a charity for the homeless.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We provide entertainment which is suitable for everybody. We cater for all ages and levels of experience, including complete beginners. Therefore a ceilidh (or band dance) is particularly well suited to community events and weddings.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We provide a full night's entertainment for weddings, celebrations, fundraisers, community events, group socials and everything in between!
- How can event planners pay for your services?We take 10% deposit up front and are happy to accept the balance on the day of the event. We accept BACS, cheques or cash.
- How long do you play for?A normal event is an hours playing followed by a 30 - 45 minute break and then a further hour. However, we are happy to tailor what we do to suit the organiser.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We provide all our own P.A. equipment. All we need is a power supply in the vicinity of where we are playing.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have Public Liability Insurance. All our current equipment is less than 12 months old so does not need PAT testing.
- How much space do you require?There are five of us in the band so we can operate in a fairly small space.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If you give us advance notice, we are happy to add any particular favourite ceilidh tune to our repertoire.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We need an hour to set up and we usually ask for a 30 minute break in the middle, which usually coincides with the buffet at most events. However, if you would prefer we are happy to play continuously for up to 2 hours.
We are happy to work with organisers to include your favourite dances but here are a selection of popular dance sets which we regularly include in our ceilidhs. All the dances are carefully explained by our caller and are great fun for everybody to join in. We mix up the dances so that there is something for everybody. When booking the band please let us know any special requests.
Bridge of Athlone
Coming Round the Mountain
Cumberland Square Eight
Dashing White Sargeant
Saint Bernard's Waltz
Strip the Willow