We are a ceilidh band based in Leeds, Yorkshire who play an exciting and wide range of folk music from across the British Isles, Ireland and America and provide everything you need to ensure that your social event, fundraiser or celebration is relaxed and enjoyable for all. We are all very experienced musicians who love playing together. We provide all the P.A. equipment and a caller to explain all the dances and we are happy to work with organisers to ensure that your event is tailored for you. Our dances are suitable for all ages and levels of experience.
Mick Knight• 29 May 2017
A fine bunch of musicians who were basic to a fun time on te floor. Recommended.
Kate Bolton• 4 May 2019
I hired the Capstick Ceilidh Band to perform at my wedding reception and I could not be happier with their professionalism or their performance. They are excellent musicians, they kept the dance floor full and they managed to teach a lot of people some ceilidh dances that had never been to ceilidh before. I could not recommend them more.
Rebecca McLoughlin• 20 Feb 2017
"Thanks so much to Capstick for an amazing night at the University of Bradford! We held a great night of fun and entertainment and couldn't have done it without this great band. Very accommodating from the very beginning during booking and in the lead up to the event to help create one of the best events the Uni has held in a long time. They were very friendly and a lovely group of people and incredibly talented! As a group of students with little idea of a ceilidh they guided us through the dan...
Patricia Wilson• 26 Jun 2017
"They were lovely people and everyone there enjoyed their music.
It was a Country Fair and due to their effort we had people dancing on the grass with straw bales around to sit on, ( we did have some chairs also ) a beer tent and prosecco stall nearby, food on sale.
Happy people !
Job well done.
We would certainly book them again for another event.
Paul Pattison• 19 Jan 2019
"The band were excellent and our guests had a great time.
The band were warm and friendly and explained the steps really well, which was a massive help seeing as though most of the guests had never been to a ceilidh before.
I would happily recommend them."
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We need an hour to set up and we usually ask for a 30 minute break in the middle, which usually coincides with the buffet at most events. However, if you would prefer we are happy to play continuously for up to 2 hours.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If you give us advance notice, we are happy to add any particular favourite ceilidh tune to our repertoire.
- How much space do you require?There are five of us in the band so we can operate in a fairly small space.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have Public Liability Insurance. All our current equipment is less than 12 months old so does not need PAT testing.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We provide all our own P.A. equipment. All we need is a power supply in the vicinity of where we are playing.
- How long do you play for?A normal event is an hours playing followed by a 30 - 45 minute break and then a further hour. However, we are happy to tailor what we do to suit the organiser.
- How can event planners pay for your services?We take 10% deposit up front and are happy to accept the balance on the day of the event. We accept BACS, cheques or cash.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We provide a full night's entertainment for weddings, celebrations, fundraisers, community events, group socials and everything in between!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We provide entertainment which is suitable for everybody. We cater for all ages and levels of experience, including complete beginners. Therefore a ceilidh (or band dance) is particularly well suited to community events and weddings.
- What are the highlights of your career?We have played for a number of people in the Yorkshire area although firm favourite is our annual Burns Night ceilidh in aid of St George's Crypt, a charity for the homeless.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We are a ceilidh band based in Leeds. We can provide everything you needs including a band, P.A and caller to ensure your event is a huge success.
We are happy to work with organisers to include your favourite dances but here are a selection of popular dance sets which we regularly include in our ceilidhs. All the dances are care...