The Buchanan Ceilidh Band comprises a versatile group of musicians who are highly experienced playing for ceilidhs and barn dances.
Scottish Ceilidh in particular!
mrs diane curtis• July 20, 2019
Absolutely fantastic band, David couldn't have done more to make the evening fun and his patience with first timers and children was wonderful. Our friends all commented on how good the music was and we would definitely recommend them..
Adele Reed• Dec. 31, 2018
David and the Buchanan Ceilidh Band were fantastic. They got all the students dancing, and David was very clear in his instructions and we danced the night away until past midnight. David made Hogmanay an unforgettable evening and we’re so grateful for his involvement!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Scottish ceilidh dancing and Scottish songs during the breaks, celebrating everything that is great about traditional Scottish music!
- What are the highlights of your career?Seeing happy folk who have really enjoyed themselves at the end of each night!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Can bring in bagpipes at any point, and we can also play Scottish pop eg Rod Stewart, The Proclaimers, Wet Wet Wet, Deacon Blue, Waterboys, Amy MacDonald, The Fratellis. Also do traditional Scottish singalongs e.g. I Belong to Glasgow, Northern Lights of Old Aberdeen, Flower of Scotland, Skye Boat Song, Donald Where's Your Troosers etc!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Wedding Ceilidh (usually with a Scottish connection) Any Birthday Party/Wedding Anniversary Burns Suppers,
- Who are your previous clients?MacDonald Hotels Group Hilton Hotels Group Golf clubs in Sussex and Surrey Restaurants in Sussex and Surrey
- How long do you play for?Usually 2-3 hours over the duration of an evening.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?We can get into tight areas! And can be mobile eg move around a room and play.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes! Of course we will aim to do so! As long as not something like Bohemian Rhapsody, we will try!!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Depends on the night. Happy to fit in with whatever is required.
Specialising in Scottish Ceilidh dancing, including the Gaygordons, Dashing White Sergeant, Strip the Willow, Canadian Barn Dance, the Flying Scotsman, the Virginia Reel, and the 500 Miles Celebratory Dance!