Brass Monkees are an electric 9 piece band bringing an action packed fun-filled combination of Soul, Pop, R&B, Funk and Motown. Perfect for any wedding, corporate event, party or live music venue, Brass Monkees are sure to give you that feel good factor and pack your dance floor.
Nicola D• Dec. 31, 2018
I booked Brass Monkees for our New Years Eve event and I was absolutely made up with their performance. From beginning to end they were professional and easy to deal with. Their performance was phenomenal and we had so many people calling, emailing and telling us how fantastic they were and how they had made New Year’s Eve one to remember! I could not recommend them enough. Absolute pleasure to work with- thank you Brass Monkees and keep on doing what you do!
Jemma Kennerley• June 3, 2017
Chris, and the band played at our wedding on Saturday 3rd June, which was their first gig and they were AWESOME!! We can not thank them enough for the energy they bought to the party. They really got the crowd going with their moves and interaction with the guest's whilst performing , there wasn't an empty space on the dance floor. We knew their performance was going to be great but had no idea it was going to be as good as that, it was another level! We've had so many great comment's from our guest. I really couldn't recommend them enough xxx
Lorraine Ridgeway• Aug. 26, 2017
A massive thumbs up to the Brassmonkees you were brilliant at Becky and Adams wedding. Everyone was so impressed with your performance. Well done guys .... a special thank you to Chris for making such a big effort to get back to perform.... it was very much appreciated. X
Steve Barnes - Nantwich Jazz Festival• April 14, 2018
An excellent band with a professional lineup and a superb show.
Dawn Beresford• June 23, 2018
Absolutely brilliant performance at the Plaza in Northwich tonight...danced my little legs off..you guys were awesome!! Loved every minute :)
Karen F• May 19, 2018
"We just wanted to say a huge thank you for making our silver wedding anniversary party so special last Saturday.
Everyone remarked on how good a party it was and I think that was a large part down to you. The atmosphere was really good and people were enjoying themselves. I couldn't have asked for anything more!!"
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Brass Monkees are an electric 9 piece band bringing an action packed fun-filled combination of Soul, Pop, R&B, Funk and Motown.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We play a wide range of music from the 60's through to modern day, we're an energetic band with our own play on classic songs not just a replication band! We also have a 3 piece brass section which gets out into the crowd and loves being on stage!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We play at festivals, corporate events, weddings and music venues.
- Who are your previous clients?Brother Printers, Carden Park Hotel, De Vere Group, MacDonald Hotels, Crewe Alex Football Club, the list is long haha.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Credit Card, Cheque, Bank Transfer and Cash.
- How long do you play for?We usually play 2 sets of 1 hour.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes we have our own professional PA and sound engineer plus lighting rigs.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes we have PAT certificates and PLI for up to 10 million.
- How much space do you require?We prefer 10 feet wide by 3 feet deep, however we have and do play in very compact spaces so not an issue :)
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We sure can, let us know and we will look into it for you.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?1 Break in-between sets usually 15- 30 minutes depending on what the client requires.
Soul & Motown
Get Ready - The Temptations
Same Old Song - Four Tops
Knock On Wood - Eddie Floyd
Needle In A Haystack - The Velvelettes
Tears Of A Clown - Smokey Robinson
Tainted Love - Gloria Jones
This Old Heart Of Mine - The Isley Brothers
Reet Petite - Jackie Wilson
Gimme Some Lovin' - Spencer Davis Group
Best of My Love - Emotions
Higher and Higher - Jackie Wilson
Tailfeather / Sweet Soul Music - The Blues Brothers
Soul Man - Sam & Dave
Midnight Hour - Wilson Pickett
Jimmy Mack - Martha Reeves
Really Sayin' Something - The Velvelettes
Rescue Me - Fontella Bass
Heatwave - Martha and the Vandellas
Do You Love Me? - The Contours
Shout - Lulu
Hold On... I'm Coming - Sam & Dave
Same Old Song - Four Tops
Needle In A Haystack - The Velvelettes
Move On Up - Curtis Mayfield
Respect - Aretha Franklin
Dancing in the Street - Martha and the Vandellas
I Can't Help Myself - The Four Tops
Band of Gold - Freda Payne
Build Me Up Buttercup - The Foundations
Somebody Else's Guy - Jocelyn Brown
Never Too Much - Luthor Vandross
I Just Wanna Make Love To You - Etta James
Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett
I Wish - Stevie Wonder
Feelin' Good - Nina Simone
Signed, Sealed Delivered - Stevie Wonder
Do I Do - Stevie Wonder
Sir Duke - Stevie Wonder
Got to Be Real - Cheryl Lynn
Use Me - Bill Withers
Get Down Saturday Night - Oliver Cheatham
I Feel for You - Chaka Khan
Le Freak - Chic
Boogie Oogie Oogie - A Taste of Honey
Shake Your Body - The Jacksons
Happy - Pharrell Williams
Walkin' On Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves
It's Not Unusual - Tom Jones
Let's Stick Together - Bryan Ferry
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
Dream Come True - The Brand New Heavies
September - Earth Wind & Fire
Always There - Incognito
Ride in the Sky - Brand New Heavies
Everybody Needs Somebody - The Blues Brothers
One Step Beyond - Madness
Hard To Handle - The Commitments
Valerie - Amy Winehouse
Geno - Dexys Midnight Runners
Rock Your Body - Justin Timberlake
Smooth - Santana
Let's Dance - David Bowie
Got to Get You Into My Life - Earth Wind & Fire
Crazy in Love - Beyoncé
Get Lucky - Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams
Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
Hold my Hand - Jess Glyne
Nut Bush City Limits/Proud Mary - Tina Turner
Twist & Shout - The Beatles
Jackie Wilson Said - Van Morrison
Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke
The Weekend - Michael Gray
Blues Rock & Funk
Talkin’ Loud - Incognito
Pass the Peas - Maceo Parker
Shake Everything You Got - Maceo Parker
So I Got To Groove - Tower Of Power
Sweet Home Chicago - Blues Brothers
Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry
Jailhouse Rock - Elvis Presley
I Feel Good - James Brown
Flip Flop Fly - The Blues Brothers
Mr Pitiful - The Commitment