Bowjangles are not your regular string quartet. With 12 years of experience in performing at functions, events and weddings you can feel reassured that you are in safe hands.
For your reception Bowjangles can of course provide unobtrusive and elegant seated background music to allow your guests’ conversation to flow.
However, later in your event or wedding day they can reappear to provide an exciting show, leaving their chairs and music stands behind to serenade your friends and family, perhaps even getting them to clap along, all the while wearing big smiles and encouraging the same from your guests. The four musicians are also all professional singers which adds an extra dimension to their fun and unique performance, and are happy to dress to fit in with any style or colour scheme you have in mind.
Bowjangles create a wonderful talking point for guests who may not yet have met, and help create an even more joyous atmosphere for your already special day!
Requests taken! Your favourite music is no problem. Please contact for details.
Services From Bowjangles
Background Music - 1 Hour
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Bowjangles love to play. We sing whilst we play. We dance whilst we play. We giggle with your guests and serenade your granny. We are a string quartet so we can absolutely provide you with that traditional, elegant background music that will make your event feel sophisticated and stylish. But as well as that, we can offer 'walkabout' for your reception- wandering whilst playing (even our cellist!), singing and serenading your guests as we pass, or we can offer an exciting after dinner show where we wow your guests and get them clapping along with a spectacle of virtuosic playing, sweet four part harmony singing, some sharp dance moves and a light sprinkling of comedy. We have been together for 12 years and during that time we have performed all over the UK and further afield. We have performed on the Southbank for the Underbelly Festival, for Bulgari brand launches in Hong Kong and Mercedes events in China, we play at Glastonbury every year, won the 'Spirit of the Fringe' award at the Edinburgh Fringe in 2018 and we have been featured on the BBC's 'Yolanda's Band Jam'. We have headlined the world's only music-comedy festival in Portugal, and members of our group have even played for the queen! We perform in schools and hospitals, for weddings, bar/bat Mitzvahs, parties and wakes, on cruises and for awards ceremonies. We love what we do and our performance is always appropriate for the event; be it smart and glitzy, elegant in the background, informal and chatty as we wander and serenade or putting on a stage show spectacular.
- How long do you play for?This depends on your event. As a starter we usually say 45 minutes of background plus 45 minutes of walkabout, over a 2 hour period. Our after dinner stage show is 20 minutes.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No we find that if this is necessary the production company usually like to provide their own so they know what they will be working with. We happily play acoustically most of the time though for our background and walkabout sets.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes we are all covered up to £10million each.
- How much space do you require?Background music: 3m x 3m Walkabout: enough room to walk and wander around your guests Stage show: 2m x 4m minimum
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Best to contact us directly about this with as much notice as possible and we will do all we can to help you.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Again this is different for each event. But to give you an idea, for every 40 minutes of playing we do we need a minimum 10 minute break.
- Can you do requests?Yes! As long as we can locate the sheet music online, included in our fee we offer 2 musical requests free of charge which we can play as part of our first set.
Seated background music - 45 mins - 1hr
Lively interactive show full of fun, smiles and serenading your granny.
Popular classical music such as:
Film/TV music from:
Pirates of the Caribbean
Jeeves and Wooster
Sunny Side of the Street
Fly me to the Moon
Elbow- One Day Like This
Katy Perry- Firework
and much more...
Any requests please ask!