Bowfiddle is an all female ensemble which specializes in classical and light music entertainment for weddings, functions, corporate events, parties and concerts. The group can be hired as a String Quartet, a Trio (violin, viola and cello), a Duo (violin and cello), solo cello or can be expanded into a small string orchestra comprising of six to eight musicians. Presentation can be formal or more relaxed; co ordinated ball gowns, evening wear or smart casual. Bowfiddle has performed at a wide range of prestigious venues such as Buckingham Palace, Blenheim Palace, Goodwood House, Spencer House, Wallace Collection, Claridges, Woburn Abbey and many top London hotels. The players have worked with the likes of Joan Armatrading, Take That, Alesha Dixon, Spice Girls, Shirley Bassey, Madonna, Peter Gabriel to name a few; and on another note The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, National Symphony Orchestra, Birmingham Opera, Moscow City Ballet; plus West End shows Matilda, Ghost, Les Miserables and ...
rachel carey• 13 Jul 2017
it was amazing. the music was beautiful and I found bowfiddle strings very flexible and helpful on the run up to the day
Lianne Sansby• 8 Sep 2018
Absolutely amazing, such talented, lovely ladies. Really bought something extra to our drinks reception x
Polly Keartland• 26 Apr 2018
Professional and friendly trio. I would not hesitate to recommend them. Smartly dressed and with a varied and appropriate catalogue of music. They kept in touch throughout the booking process and were extremely pleasant at every point.
Talented musicians for sure!
Daughter of Birthday girl• 28 Apr 2018
Hello Laura, Thank you so much for your playing at Mum's party on Sunday, she was delighted and we have had so many lovely comments! You absolutely understood what was required and delivered it perfectly, we will certainly recommend you. I particularly appreciated the quick change into "Congratulations" after a premature singing of "Happy Birthday"!"
Jan & David• 14 Jul 2018
Just to say thanks to you both so much for playing at our wedding. Everybody said how wonderful you were and we agreed with them of course, you were both great and of course very very talented. The music was beautiful. We hope that you had time to have something to eat?
Please feel free to add these comments to your website. We will highly recommend ‘Bowfiddle’
Jan & David X
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?we are flexible but we do need a reasonable break/breaks depending on length of booking
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I'm happy to look for arrangements that are not on our music listings and where they are not available to buy our arranger can write out bespoke sheet music
- How much space do you require?2.5 metres by 1.5 for the quartet and a little less for the trio and duo
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?yes
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?usually we play acoustically, but we can provide an engineer and PA if required. we have our own music stand lighting
- How long do you play for?completely flexible, but with breaks. usual booking length is 3 hours with a break
- What kind of events do you usually serve?weddings, corporate functions, fundraisers, parties, funerals and wakes, concerts, sessions
CLASSICAL REPERTOIRE – Composers in alphabetical order
Belle of the Ball Waltz – Anderson
Adagio – Albinoni
Air on a G String – J.S. Bach
Double Violin Concerto – J.S. Bach