Blag play a variety of Celtic and World music, from Irish Ballads and Scottish Jigs to Flamenco and Gypsy Jazz. They perform regularly in Britain and in festivals throughout Europe. All the musicians in the group are professionals that have trained at music college, made records and have performed on both T.V. and radio, including being featured in 'Loose Ends' on Radio 4.
Michael Pinsky started playing the fiddle at six. He has played in folk groups in Scotland from the age of 11 who’s members have become players in leading Scottish bands such a ‘Capercaille’ and ‘Shoogleniffty’ and with leading jazz players such a Courtney Pine in the ‘Grand Union Orchestra’. His ability to play both folk and jazz creates a unique fiddle style.
David Morgan played acoustic guitar with ‘Golage’, in Brighton, which later formed ‘Stomp’ an extremely successful percussion, performance group that have toured the world, playing on Broadway in New York and the Royal Festival Hall in London. His vast r...
Sarah Turnbull• 26 Jan 2019
Blag were fantastic at our Burns night celebration last night, they were very flexible with our timings and played two brilliant sets. The communication beforehand was great which really put me at ease before they arrived.
Both sets were so great that they managed to get almost everyone on the dance floor all night!
I would have no hestitation in recommending Blag and look forward to booking them for our next event.
Cheryl Talbot• 17 Mar 2018
Very talented musicians & great for St Patrick's Night. Wasn't everyone's cup of tea & would have liked a few more tunes that we all knew and coukd dance to, but on the whole we had a positive feedback.
Hannah• 21 Oct 2017
Blag were really exactly what we were looking for! I don't live in London so I was nervous about choosing a band I hadn't heard play, but they sounded great online, and I spoke to Michael over the phone and on email about the type of party we were having and the music we wanted. Most importantly they played brilliantly on the night, everyone was up out their seats for a good knees up and we were guided round the dances that we didn't know. All the guests were happy. Would definitely recommend!
Lucy• 31 Aug 2017
Blag played at our wedding reception and were fantastic, it created such a good atmosphere and everyone really enjoyed it!
Jacqueline McGurk• 21 Aug 2017
Brilliant Band.... music fantastic. Definitely have them again and three lovely gentlemen. Just wish we could have had them for longer.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, corporate functions and parties
- What are the highlights of your career?Being featured in 'Loose Ends' on Radio 4 and playing for Microsoft for managers party in Bali on the beach.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?One break for twenty to thirty minutes.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?That depends, if we are given enough notice and the song is suitable for our line up.
- How much space do you require?A small space!
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- How long do you play for?Two hours
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank Transfer or Cash
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Very diverse set, flexible and friendly.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Blag play a variety of Celtic and World music, from Irish Ballads and Scottish Jigs to Flamenco and Gypsy Jazz. They perform regularly in Britain and in festivals throughout Europe. All the musicians in the group are professionals that have trained at music college, made records and have performed on both T.V. and radio.
- Who are your previous clients?Private Clients, BBC, Ealing Studios, Microsoft, Ritz amongst many others.
Blag have a repertoire of over fifty songs, including Irish jigs, reels and ballads, other Celtic tunes, Latin American songs, pop covers, flamenco, Eastern European dance tunes, bluegrass, stomp, blu...