Blag play a variety of Celtic and World music, from Irish Ballads and Scottish Jigs to Flamenco and Gypsy Jazz. They perform regularly in Britain and in festivals throughout Europe. All the musicians in the group are professionals that have trained at music college, made records and have performed on both T.V. and radio, including being featured in 'Loose Ends' on Radio 4.
Michael Pinsky started playing the fiddle at six. He has played in folk groups in Scotland from the age of 11 who’s members have become players in leading Scottish bands such a ‘Capercaille’ and ‘Shoogleniffty’ and with leading jazz players such a Courtney Pine in the ‘Grand Union Orchestra’. His ability to play both folk and jazz creates a unique fiddle style.
David Morgan played acoustic guitar with ‘Golage’, in Brighton, which later formed ‘Stomp’ an extremely successful percussion, performance group that have toured the world, playing on Broadway in New York and the Royal Festival Hall in London. His vast r...
Mike Bell• 2 Jul 2019
The guys were brilliant! Great communication beforehand and very accommodating with requests.
Arrived on time and set up. Flexible as needed to fit in with speeches etc.
Made a great night! I definitely recommend Blag for a wonderful band.
Sarah Turnbull• 26 Jan 2019
"Blag were fantastic at our Burns night celebration last night, they were very flexible with our timings and played two brilliant sets. The communication beforehand was great which really put me at ease before they arrived.
Both sets were so great that they managed to get almost everyone on the dance floor all night!
I would have no hestitation in recommending Blag and look forward to booking them for our next event."
Chris P• 23 Mar 2019
We booked Blag for our wedding in March and they totally incredible. Since the big day all of our guests have commented to us how fantastic the band were. Communication beforehand was straightforward and responses were quick, we really couldn't recommend them enough. Thanks Michael and David!
Rebecca• 15 Sep 2017
The band is unique combination of Irish teas, Indie n Latin fusion. It suited our crowd at my husbands 40th birthday as we had mixed nationalities and help bring us together, they had to do several encours as no one wanted the band to leave. Would recommend them
Jacqueline McGurk• 21 Aug 2017
Brilliant Band.... music fantastic. Definitely have them again and three lovely gentlemen. Just wish we could have had them for longer.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, corporate functions and parties
- What are the highlights of your career?Being featured in 'Loose Ends' on Radio 4 and playing for Microsoft for managers party in Bali on the beach.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?One break for twenty to thirty minutes.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?That depends, if we are given enough notice and the song is suitable for our line up.
- How much space do you require?A small space!
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes
- How long do you play for?Two hours
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank Transfer or Cash
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Very diverse set, flexible and friendly.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Blag play a variety of Celtic and World music, from Irish Ballads and Scottish Jigs to Flamenco and Gypsy Jazz. They perform regularly in Britain and in festivals throughout Europe. All the musicians in the group are professionals that have trained at music college, made records and have performed on both T.V. and radio.
- Who are your previous clients?Private Clients, BBC, Ealing Studios, Microsoft, Ritz amongst many others.
Blag have a repertoire of over fifty songs, including Irish jigs, reels and ballads, other Celtic tunes, Latin American songs, pop covers, flamenco, Eastern European dance tunes, bluegrass, stomp, blu...