Are you a child of the 80's? Remember going to see 'Dirty Dancing' or 'Back To The Future'? Back To The 80's are a live (and very lively) band, all dressed in completely over-the-top 1980's costumes who will take you right back to those times.
They play all the great 1980's party songs from Wham, Madonna, Duran Duran, Cyndie Lauper, Kylie, Madness, Bananarama, Culture Club, Dexy's Midnight Runners, Toni Basil, Kim Wilde, Soft Cell, Katrina & The Waves, Dead Or Alive, Human League and lots more besides.
This band are also proud to play the songs that other bands will not touch with a proverbial bargepole, although 'I Won't Let The Sun Go Down On Me' and 'Fame' always go down like a (another proverbial) house on fire.......Dare we mention 'Making Your Mind Up' or 'Especially For You'? Maybe not, but they'll play them anyway and get you waving your hands in the air and singing along as well!
Here's a list of stuff that you may want to bring along to a Back To The 80s gig:
Big, big hair. And then make it even bigger.
Shoulder pads (as large as possible).
Too much make-up. Even more for the men.
Jacket with rolled-up sleeves and a t-shirt underneath.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles outfit. What do you mean, you've thrown it away?!
....oh, and don't forget your boogie shoes.
Matthew• Oct. 19, 2019
these guys were brilliant,organised and got everyone dancing!
An excellent band !!
Geoffrey Ferris• Aug. 17, 2019
The group were brilliant and they were
very friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to other people. They made the evening a memorable
one. Many thanks.
Natalie Schlenker• Nov. 23, 2018
Great time had by all. The girls got all guests onto the Dance floor and the interaction was fantastic. Will book again.
Emma• Sept. 29, 2018
The band were fantastic...all my guests were delighted with them and they played pretty much non-stop. Would thoroughly recommend them.
Dan• Aug. 4, 2018
"Band were excellent,
very good musicians and vocalists.
Being in a few bands myself I know a good band when I hear one.
*we also managed to raise £2500 for charity :)"
Steve Purchase• Oct. 6, 2018
"Just a quick note to Say that the Band tonight were absolutely Superb!!! One of the Best Bands I have seen in or heard in over 25 years. We must look at some dates for next year and look what else you can offer. Once again please pass on my Thanks to all concerned.
Steve Purchase, Oake Manor Golf Club"
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:The best, most experienced and professional 1980s tribute band that you've ever seen!
- What are the highlights of your career?Too many to mention - playing for Jamie Oliver at his annual party was good, playing in Barcelona overlooking the sea was good, playing in a Bucharest nightclub, large outdoor festivals, switching on the 2017 Stafford fireworks as our huge 12-piece band - the list goes on!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?On-stage energy. We are not a shy band!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, corporate events, birthdays, anniversaries, Bar Mitzvahs, festivals, etc.
- Who are your previous clients?Jamie Oliver, Anglo American, Dell Computers, British Airways, PepsiCo, Practical Law Company, Hyundai, Jumeirah Hotel London, Royal College of Nursing, St John's College Oxford, Association of Teachers and Lecturers, and many many more.
- How can event planners pay for your services?We like cash, direct transfer in advance, or cheque in advance.
- How long do you play for?2x45 minutes or 2x60 minutes or 1x90 minutes or 1x120 minutes - up to you!
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We are rightly proud of our fantastic PA system and lighting. We can provide this as a small PA system for smaller events, right up to a large system suitable for hundreds of people.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes of course, we are a professional band.
- How much space do you require?For the 6-piece band - around 5m x 3m. Smaller and larger space for the smaller and larger band.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Possibly - it depends what it is!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We are not too bothered about breaks as we are happy to play straight through. If you prefer us to take breaks, that's fine too - whatever works for your event.
1999 – Prince
Addicted To Love – Robert Palmer
Ain’t Nobody – Chaka Khan
Ant Music – Adam & The Ants
Baggy Trousers – Madness
Billy Jean – Michael Jackson
Borderline – Madonna
Celebration – Kool & The Gang
Centrefold – J Geils Band
Cherish – Madonna
Come On Eileen – Dexy’s Midnight Runners
Crazy For You – Madonna
Crazy Little Thing Called Love – Queen
Dancing In The Dark – Bruce Springsteen
Do You Really Want To Hurt Me – Culture Club
Does Your Mother Know – Abba
Don’t Go – Yazoo
Don’t Leave Me This Way – Communards
Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
Don’t Stop Me Now – Queen
Don’t You Forget About Me – Simple Minds
Don’t You Want Me – Human League
Down Under – Men At Work
Dress You Up – Madonna
Endless Love – Lionel Richie & Diana Ross
Especially For You – Kylie & Jason
Everybody Wants To Rule The World – Tears For Fears
Every Breath You Take – Police
Express Yourself – Madonna
Eye Of The Tiger – Survivor
Fame – Irene Cara
Flashdance (What A Feeling) – Irene Cara
Footloose – Kenny Loggins
Freedom – Wham
Ghostbusters – Ray Parker Jnr
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun – Cyndie Lauper
Gold – Spandau Ballet
Grange Hill Theme Tune
Heaven Is A Place On Earth – Belinda Carlisle
Hey Mickey – Toni Basil
Holiday – Madonna
Hot Stuff – Donna Summer
House Of Fun – Madness
I Love Rock 'n' Roll – Joan Jett
I Should Be So Lucky – Kylie Minogue
I Think We’re Alone Now – Tiffany
I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston
I Won’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me – Nik Kershaw
I’m In The Mood For Dancing – Nolans
I’m So Excited – Pointer Sisters
I’m Your Man – Wham
Islands In The Stream – Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton
It Must Be Love – Madness
I’ve Had The Time Of My Life – Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes
Into The Groove – Madonna
It’s Raining Men – Weather Girls
I Want To Break Free – Queen
I Would Walk 500 Miles – Proclaimers
Jump – Van Halen
Just Can’t Get Enough – Depeche Mode
Karma Chameleon – Culture Club
Kids In America – Kim Wilde
Kiss – Prince
Kiss On My List – Hall & Oates
Lay All Your Love On Me – Abba
Let’s Hear It For The Boy – Deniece Williams
Like A Prayer – Madonna
Like A Virgin – Madonna
Livin’ On A Prayer – Bon Jovi
Love Shack – B52s
Making Your Mind Up – Bucks Fizz
Material Girl – Madonna
Message In A Bottle – Police
Money For Nothing – Dire Straits
Never Can Say Goodbye – Communards
Never Gonna Give You Up – Rick Astley
Nine To Five – Dolly Parton
One Step Beyond – Madness
Power Of Love – Huey Lewis & The News
Red Red Wine – UB40
Reflex – Duran Duran
Relax – Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Rio – Duran Duran
Run To You – Bryan Adams
Simply The Best – Tina Turner
Somebody Else’s Guy – Jocelyn Brown
Stand & Deliver – Adam & The Ants
Should I Stay Or Should I Go – Clash
Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves – Eurythmics
Summer Of ’69 – Bryan Adams
Super Trouper – Abba
Sweet Child Of Mine – Guns ‘n’ Roses
Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This – Eurythmics
Tainted Love – Soft Cell
Take On Me – A-Ha
Thank You For The Music – Abba
Thinking Of You – Sister Sledge
Two Tribes – Frankie Goes To Hollywood
True – Spandau Ballet
Uptown Girl – Billy Joel
Venus – Bananarama
Video Killed The Radio Star – Buggles
Vienna – Ultravox
Vogue – Madonna
Voulez–Vous – Abba
Wake Me Up Before You Go–Go – Wham
Walk Like An Egyptian – Bangles
Walking On Sunshine – Katrina & The Waves
Wham Rap – Wham
White Wedding – Billy Idol
Word Up – Cameo
You Spin Me Round – Dead Or Alive
Zoom – Fat Larry’s Band