Are you a child of the 80's? Remember going to see 'Dirty Dancing' or 'Back To The Future'? Back To The 80's are a live (and very lively) band, all dressed in completely over-the-top 1980's costumes who will take you right back to those times.
They play all the great 1980's party songs from Wham, Madonna, Duran Duran, Cyndie Lauper, Kylie, Madness, Bananarama, Culture Club, Dexy's Midnight Runners, Toni Basil, Kim Wilde, Soft Cell, Katrina & The Waves, Dead Or Alive, Human League and lots more besides.
This band are also proud to play the songs that other bands will not touch with a proverbial bargepole, although 'I Won't Let The Sun Go Down On Me' and 'Fame' always go down like a (another proverbial) house on fire.......Dare we mention 'Making Your Mind Up' or 'Especially For You'? Maybe not, but they'll play them anyway and get you waving your hands in the air and singing along as well!
Here's a list of stuff that you may want to bring along to a Back To The 80s gig:
Steve Purchase• 6 Oct 2018
"Just a quick note to Say that the Band tonight were absolutely Superb!!! One of the Best Bands I have seen in or heard in over 25 years. We must look at some dates for next year and look what else you can offer. Once again please pass on my Thanks to all concerned.
Steve Purchase, Oake Manor Golf Club"
Kevin McCarthy• 19 May 2018
"The 80's Tribute band were fantastic from the minute they arrived to leaving. They were professional and fun and kept the party going and everyone on the dance floor. We would definitely book them again.
Melanie Branco (19/5/18, school fundraiser, New Milton, Hampshire)"
Emma• 29 Sep 2018
The band were fantastic...all my guests were delighted with them and they played pretty much non-stop. Would thoroughly recommend them.
Natalie Schlenker• 23 Nov 2018
Great time had by all. The girls got all guests onto the Dance floor and the interaction was fantastic. Will book again.
Dan• 4 Aug 2018
"Band were excellent,
very good musicians and vocalists.
Being in a few bands myself I know a good band when I hear one.
*we also managed to raise £2500 for charity :)"
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We are not too bothered about breaks as we are happy to play straight through. If you prefer us to take breaks, that's fine too - whatever works for your event.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Possibly - it depends what it is!
- How much space do you require?For the 6-piece band - around 5m x 3m. Smaller and larger space for the smaller and larger band.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes of course, we are a professional band.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We are rightly proud of our fantastic PA system and lighting. We can provide this as a small PA system for smaller events, right up to a large system suitable for hundreds of people.
- How long do you play for?2x45 minutes or 2x60 minutes or 1x90 minutes or 1x120 minutes - up to you!
- How can event planners pay for your services?We like cash, direct transfer in advance, or cheque in advance.
- Who are your previous clients?Jamie Oliver, Anglo American, Dell Computers, British Airways, PepsiCo, Practical Law Company, Hyundai, Jumeirah Hotel London, Royal College of Nursing, St John's College Oxford, Association of Teachers and Lecturers, and many many more.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, corporate events, birthdays, anniversaries, Bar Mitzvahs, festivals, etc.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?On-stage energy. We are not a shy band!
- What are the highlights of your career?Too many to mention - playing for Jamie Oliver at his annual party was good, playing in Barcelona overlooking the sea was good, playing in a Bucharest nightclub, large outdoor festivals, switching on the 2017 Stafford fireworks as our huge 12-piece band - the list goes on!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:The best, most experienced and professional 1980s tribute band that you've ever seen!
1999 – Prince
Addicted To Love – Robert Palmer
Ain’t Nobody – Chaka Khan
Ant Music – Adam & The Ants
Baggy Trousers – Madness
Billy Jean – Michael Jackson
Borderline – Madonna
Celebration – Koo...