'If you want to add a touch of class with talent I can highly recommend Annelise. My husband and I hired her to sing at our 60th birthday garden party and she was just what we hoped for. Annelise has a great voice for all those classic swing/jazz numbers , a good repertoire of songs, a warm, friendly personality and looked great. I was so glad we chose her because she helped create the kind of relaxed ambience I wanted as our guests mingled around chatting on a very hot Saturday afternoon. Would definitely hire again' Liz Stuart (Walberton, June 2019)
Annelise is a talented UK vocalist with over 20 years of experience performing live music. Annelise has performed at a number of high-end venues; weddings and both corporate and private parties, commemoration and awards events.
Previous Clients and venues including:
Hanbury Manor Ware, Angel House Hove, The Old Hall Ely, Minstead House The New Forest, Hotel Abbey Redditch, Cambridge University May Ball, Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor, John O'Gaunt Golf Club, Shendish Manor, The Barnes Hotel Bedford, Letchworth Hall Hotel, Forest Hills Golf Club.
With an extensive repertoire of Jazz and Swing standards and her sophisticated, dynamic and resonant voice, Annelise is the perfect accompaniment for events requiring stylish background music – Guests arrival; the drinks reception, cocktails and canapes or at dinner. The backing tracks that Annelise sings along to are sophisticated, professional piano/full band recordings replicating the sound of a jazz band. Influences include the first ladies and gentlemen of Jazz performing all the classics by the likes of Ella Fitzgerald; Frank Sinatra; Nat King Cole; Billie Holiday; Anita O’Day and Sarah Vaughan.
Types of Events
• Wedding Anniversaries
• Birthday milestones
• Company events / Dinners
• Gin & Jazz Events
• Retirement Parties
• Commemoration & Community Events
• Product / Property Launches
• VIP Events / 1st Class lounges
• Galas & Regattas
• Jazz themed parties (e.g. Gatsby, American Songbook, Rat Pack)
• Dinner Dance
*Available as Solo performer with High Quality Backing Tracks or as a Duo (with pianist)
*Jazz / Swing song special requests welcome (with prior notice)
*Elegant and sophisticated attire
*Comprehensive PA system, Public Liability Insurance (Musicians Union member) up to £10 million and background music via PA system & IPad during breaks / intervals
With a repertoire of more than 200 songs covering the 1920s to 1960s, Annelise is the perfect choice for all events and offers a bespoke service based on your requirements.
• Performance space (allowing for Yamaha Stagepas 400i portable PA system) x2 speakers, mixing desk, microphone stand and microphone. Approximately 8ft width x 6ft depth minimum space required
• One power socket close to the performance area
• Easy access parking space or drop off / unloading point preferred
Lynda Pearson• Dec. 21, 2019
Annelise was brilliant! Everything was so good- contact, chats about our evening and what we were hoping for and Annelise certainly delivered all we’d wanted - a Christmas swing to get the party season started. Our guests were so appreciative so couldn’t have asked for more. Highly recommend
Ruth• Sept. 7, 2019
You certainly helped make our day perfect and our close family and friends really enjoyed your music and choice of songs . You helped us create the perfect atmosphere for the day as guests mingled and got to know each other. We would not hesitate to ask you again - professional talented and reliable
Jane fitzgerald• July 13, 2019
Thank you so much for your amazing performance on Saturday...
Everyone enjoyed it...
Thank you again
Jane and Sally
Patricia hunter• June 9, 2019
lovely voice and talented performer she was well received by the audience. a real success.
Jenny Wallage• June 8, 2019
The Jazz Woman was perfect in every way. Prompt, communicative and responsive. Everyone at the party loved her and commented on her style. This was important to us as we were catering for all ages and tastes. She sang beautifully. I would definitely recommend and book again.
Philip Dinn• May 31, 2019
Annelise was perfect for our event, a welcoming drink on the terrace and an after dinner breakout. Really set the scene for a laid back enjoyable gathering. Annelise arrived on time set up with minimum fuss, was flexible and sang beautifully . Perfect.
Services From Annelise - Jazz & Swing Singer
Celebration Jazz - Various Set Times
Christmas Jazz - Various Set Times
Corporate Jazz - Various Set Times
Club Party Jazz - Various Set Times
Fundraiser Jazz - Various Set Times
Anniversary Jazz - Various Set Times
Party Jazz - Various Set Times
Birthdays Jazz - Various Set Times
Community Jazz - Various Set Times
Wedding Jazz - Various Set Times
Events Jazz - Various Set Times
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:I am an experienced professional Jazz and Swing Singer. I specialise in both 1920s - 1950s era along with Rat Pack and Swing from the 1950s - 1960s.
- What are the highlights of your career?I have performed at a large number of prestigous venues, but for me, seeing people happy and enjoying my singing at their special events is, and will always be, the greatest highlights.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?• Anniversaries • Birthday milestones • Company events / Dinners • Gin & Jazz Events • Weddings • Retirement Parties • Commemoration & Community Events • Conferences • Exhibitions • Product / Property Launches • VIP Events / 1st Class lounges • Galas & Regattas • Tea Parties • Jazz themed parties (e.g. Gatsby, American Songbook, Rat Pack) • Dinner Dance • Baby showers • Hotels • Restaurants • Clubs & Bars • Festivals • Award ceremonies
- Who are your previous clients?Hanbury Manor, Cambridge University May Ball, Thames River Cruises, Top Shop - Oxford Circus, Goldsmiths, The Barnes Hotel, Letchworth Hall Hotel, Forest Hills Golf Club, Wedding venues, private parties, pubs and restaurants, music festivals in Nîmes and Versailles in France and performed a winter season in Les Deux Alpes
- How long do you play for?My sets typically last either 40, 45 or 60 mins and I can sing up to 4 x 45 mins sets per event. I am happy to look at other requests though as required.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes I have a high spec Yamaha Stagepas 400i PA System which is fully PAT Tested. The PA system is portable and perfect for smaller and medium sized venues (up to 300 people) and the PA plugs into a normal power socket.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?I am covered with Public Liability Insurance (PLI) up to the value of £10,000,000 through the Musicians' Union. PA equipment is fully PAT tested and I can provide PLI certificate and PAT test report if required..
- How much space do you require?I require approximately 8' x 6' ft (this includes space for PA system if needed).
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If there is a jazz or swing song/songs that you would particularly like at your event (that is not on my set lists) , I will be more than happy to learn it for you, providing that a suitable high quality backing track is available.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I usually require a break after every 45 or 60 minutes of each set and my breaks usually last between 15 to 30 minutes. If you will require a longer break an additional fee of £25 per hour may apply. Please enquiry for more details.
Solo jazz and swing singer with high quality backing tracks. Full PA system.
EXAMPLE 2 X 45 MINUTE SETS
SET LIST 1
My Baby Just Cares For Me
Fly Me to the Moon
Pennies from Heaven
Have you met Miss Jones
It Had To Be You
Mack The Knife
Beyond The Sea
What a difference a day made
Our Love Is Here To Stay
Lullaby of Birdland
I can't get started
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
SET LIST 2
I Get a Kick out of You
I'll Remember April
Let's Fall In Love
You go to my head
Someone to watch over me
The Way You Look Tonight
Taking A Chance On Love
Lady Is A Tramp
Girl from Ipanema
Polka Dots and Moonbeams
Don't Get Around Much Anymore
All Of Me
What a Wonderful World