Annasach has been playing for ceilidhs, parties, birthdays, folk festivals and weddings since 1990 throughout Scotland, as well as UK, Ireland, Guernsey, Netherlands, France, Belgium, Italy, Portugal, Switzerland, Sweden and USA. We have a solid reputation, providing an energetic vibrant sound to entertain your guests.
We have a dedicated dance caller, Tricia (probably the most important member of the band!), who has years of experience and is guaranteed to calm any nerves and make sure that everyone enjoys themselves. She will also act as compare and announce the bride and groom onto the dance floor for their first dance, cutting of the cake and even last orders, if required.
With Annasach you are dealing with the musicians directly and we know how important the music is to your event for generating the perfect atmosphere.
John & Andrea Woodford• 8 Jun 2019
We had Annasach Ceilidh Band play for our daughters wedding at the Ptarmigan, Loch Insh. All of the guests thought the band were fantastic, they played mood music as guests arrived followed by a full on Ceilidh. The instrumentalist were amazing and the caller was friendly, funny and ensured we had a wonderful ceilidh.
Rachel Statz• 13 Jun 2019
We are so glad we booked with Annasach Ceilidh Band! They made our evening. The music, dance calling and audience interaction was fantastic. Highly recommend and would gladly book again.
Mike Dalziel• 14 Oct 2017
Annasach played at my 40th Birthday party and they were excellent. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a band for an event. The dedicated caller was invaluable! Thanks again for a grand night.
Drew Nimbley• 13 May 2017
My daughter loved the whole occasion and I think everybody enjoyed the band. Coming from the West and always having enjoyed a Ceilidh, it was refreshing to come across a number of dances which were new. Thanks again for a great evening!
Emma & Murray• 20 Jan 2018
Thank you so much to you all for playing at our wedding. The music was amazing and we loved Auld Lang Syne at the end. Highly recommended ceilidh band!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Annasach has been playing for ceilidhs, parties, birthdays, folk festivals and weddings since 1990 throughout Scotland, the UK and in New York, Belgium, France, Italy, and Sweden.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Annasach accept payment by credit or debit card (via PayPal), cheque and direct bank transfer.
- How long do you play for?Our typical evening would be playing from 8pm until midnight, but we can play for shorter ceilidhs or longer as required. There is an additional charge if you would like us to play for longer than four hours or beyond midnight. For an exact quote, please contact us.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Annasach have their own PA system and lights which all have a valid PAT certificate. This includes a CD player for background music during our break but can also be used at any point during the evening. You are also more than welcome to provide an MP3 player which we can connect to our PA.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, we have Public Liability Insurance and all our equipmnet is fully PAT tested. Certificates can be provided to your venue in advance if required.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Of course! We would be delighted to play any dance you wish and I am sure our dance caller will know it. If you prefer, you are more than welcome to provide the track you want on an MP3 player which we can connect to our PA.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Annasach normally take up to a 40 minute break in the middle of the evening, for example timed with the buffet, although all timings are flexible and we can cater for your individual requirements.
- How far do you travel?Although we are based in Central Scotland, Annasach are prepared to play anywhere in the world having played in Amsterdam, Ballater, Carlisle, New York, Peebles, Stevenage and Zurich to name just a few! For gigs within a two hour drive, we would usually travel there and back on the same day/evening. Gigs further away or abroad will require an overnight stay, and our fee will reflect any additional mileage, flights, PA hire, accommodation, etc.
- Do you explain the dances?Yes! Our dance caller, Tricia, (who is probably the most important member of the band!) has years of experience and is guaranteed to calm any nerves and make sure that everyone enjoys themselves. If she can tame Ainsley Harriot then she can do anything!
- How do I confirm a booking?Should you wish to proceed with booking Annasach Ceilidh Band for your event then we will require a signed contract and a 30% non-returnable deposit (returnable if 90 days notice or more is given of cancellation). Upon receipt of both your booking is confirmed.
All the usual ceilidh dances including -
Anniversary Two Step
Black Mountain Reel
Bob's Fancy (aka Glasgow Kiss)