Annasach has been playing for ceilidhs, parties, birthdays, folk festivals and weddings since 1990 throughout Scotland, as well as UK, Ireland, Guernsey, Netherlands, France, Belgium, Italy, Portugal, Switzerland, Sweden and USA. We have a solid reputation, providing an energetic vibrant sound to entertain your guests.
We have a dedicated dance caller, Tricia (probably the most important member of the band!), who has years of experience and is guaranteed to calm any nerves and make sure that everyone enjoys themselves. She will also act as compare and announce the bride and groom onto the dance floor for their first dance, cutting of the cake and even last orders, if required.
With Annasach you are dealing with the musicians directly and we know how important the music is to your event for generating the perfect atmosphere.
Kenny• 28 Oct 2017
I would like to thank the members of the band for a wonderful evening. We hired them to play for a wedding blessing in the restaurant at Glenturret Distillery and they did a wonderful job. They were very entertaining and extremely professional. They should patience with the foreigners (and with a few of the Scots) taking the time to teach them the dances and help keep them on course. They are all very talented people and great at their jobs. I would thoroughly recommend them and would love to ge...
Beth Mulcahy• 22 Sep 2018
Annasach ceildh band were extremely professional, friendly and were able to adapt to the demands of a wedding in France. The guests were all raving about the fun they had Ceilidh dancing. Trisha, the caller managed to talk the guests through the steps keeping it as simple as possible. This was appreciated by all the guests including the experienced and novice Ceilidh dancers.
Kath Rodger• 8 Feb 2019
Great Birthday Party at Royal Musselburgh Golf Club on 8/2/19. Annasach were really great, the feedback from my guests re Annasach was brilliant band. One of my friends has already booked them for Golden Wedding celebrations later this year.
Barbara• 5 Aug 2017
A great night with Annasach at the National Museum of Scotland, at our daughter's wedding reception. Dances and music were perfectly geared towards a large Italian guest contingent, and everyone was up having a great time - a huge thank you!
Mike Dalziel• 14 Oct 2017
Annasach played at my 40th Birthday party and they were excellent. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a band for an event. The dedicated caller was invaluable! Thanks again for a grand night.
- How do I confirm a booking?Should you wish to proceed with booking Annasach Ceilidh Band for your event then we will require a signed contract and a 30% non-returnable deposit (returnable if 90 days notice or more is given of cancellation). Upon receipt of both your booking is confirmed.
- Do you explain the dances?Yes! Our dance caller, Tricia, (who is probably the most important member of the band!) has years of experience and is guaranteed to calm any nerves and make sure that everyone enjoys themselves. If she can tame Ainsley Harriot then she can do anything!
- How far do you travel?Although we are based in Central Scotland, Annasach are prepared to play anywhere in the world having played in Amsterdam, Ballater, Carlisle, New York, Peebles, Stevenage and Zurich to name just a few! For gigs within a two hour drive, we would usually travel there and back on the same day/evening. Gigs further away or abroad will require an overnight stay, and our fee will reflect any additional mileage, flights, PA hire, accommodation, etc.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, we have Public Liability Insurance and all our equipmnet is fully PAT tested. Certificates can be provided to your venue in advance if required.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Annasach normally take up to a 40 minute break in the middle of the evening, for example timed with the buffet, although all timings are flexible and we can cater for your individual requirements.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Annasach accept payment by credit or debit card (via PayPal), cheque and direct bank transfer.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Annasach has been playing for ceilidhs, parties, birthdays, folk festivals and weddings since 1990 throughout Scotland, the UK and in New York, Belgium, France, Italy, and Sweden.
- How long do you play for?Our typical evening would be playing from 8pm until midnight, but we can play for shorter ceilidhs or longer as required. There is an additional charge if you would like us to play for longer than four hours or beyond midnight. For an exact quote, please contact us.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Annasach have their own PA system and lights which all have a valid PAT certificate. This includes a CD player for background music during our break but can also be used at any point during the evening. You are also more than welcome to provide an MP3 player which we can connect to our PA.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Of course! We would be delighted to play any dance you wish and I am sure our dance caller will know it. If you prefer, you are more than welcome to provide the track you want on an MP3 player which we can connect to our PA.
All the usual ceilidh dances including -
Anniversary Two Step
Black Mountain Reel
Bob's Fancy (aka Glasgow Kiss)