Annasach Ceilidh Band
Annasach has been playing for ceilidhs, parties, birthdays, folk festivals and weddings since 1990 throughout Scotland, as well as UK, Germany, Portugal, France and Switzerland. We have a solid reputation, providing an energetic vibrant sound to entertain your guests.
We have a dedicated dance caller, Tricia (probably the most important member of the band!), who has years of experience and is guaranteed to calm any nerves and make sure that everyone enjoys themselves. She will also act as compare and announce the bride and groom onto the dance floor for their first dance, cutting of the cake and even last orders, if required.
With Annasach you are dealing with the musicians directly and we know how important the music is to your event for generating the perfect atmosphere.
Kath Rodger• Feb. 8, 2019
Great Birthday Party at Royal Musselburgh Golf Club on 8/2/19. Annasach were really great, the feedback from my guests re Annasach was brilliant band. One of my friends has already booked them for Golden Wedding celebrations later this year.
Chiara Montani• Nov. 17, 2018
"Thank you for the most romantic and Scottish first dance and for your ceilidh. Tricia was great when calling the dances and explaining us what to do. We all had lots of fun. You also managed to make my dad dance, who usually never does! I was truly amazed to see him on the dance floor.
With your wonderful music you made the evening even more special and you created wonderful memories that we will bring forever in our hearts.
I truly wish to meet you again and dance at the rhythm of your wonderful Scottish music. I have purchased your disc in iTunes as I am in love with your songs!"
Beth Mulcahy• Sept. 22, 2018
Annasach ceildh band were extremely professional, friendly and were able to adapt to the demands of a wedding in France. The guests were all raving about the fun they had Ceilidh dancing. Trisha, the caller managed to talk the guests through the steps keeping it as simple as possible. This was appreciated by all the guests including the experienced and novice Ceilidh dancers.
Becca & Tim• June 16, 2018
Annasach played for our wedding in June 2018 near Livingston, where most of the guests were not regular ceilidh goers but almost all got up to give it a go! Thanks to the team for the rousing tunes and good calling, which made even the novices feel that they could join in the fun. We loved Auld Lang Syne at the end too - a brilliant end to our special day. Annasach were easy to deal with and professional from the beginning, we would definitely recommend them to others looking for a ceilidh band for their event. We look forward to attending one of their public ceilidhs again soon!
Emma & Murray• Jan. 20, 2018
Thank you so much to you all for playing at our wedding. The music was amazing and we loved Auld Lang Syne at the end. Highly recommended ceilidh band!
Barbara• Aug. 5, 2017
A great night with Annasach at the National Museum of Scotland, at our daughter's wedding reception. Dances and music were perfectly geared towards a large Italian guest contingent, and everyone was up having a great time - a huge thank you!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Annasach has been playing for ceilidhs, parties, birthdays, folk festivals and weddings since 1990 throughout Scotland, the UK and in New York, Belgium, France, Italy, and Sweden.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Annasach accept payment by credit or debit card (via PayPal), cheque and direct bank transfer.
- How long do you play for?Our typical evening would be playing from 8pm until midnight, but we can play for shorter ceilidhs or longer as required. There is an additional charge if you would like us to play for longer than four hours or beyond midnight. For an exact quote, please contact us.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Annasach have their own PA system and lights which all have a valid PAT certificate. This includes a CD player for background music during our break but can also be used at any point during the evening. You are also more than welcome to provide an MP3 player which we can connect to our PA.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, we have Public Liability Insurance and all our equipmnet is fully PAT tested. Certificates can be provided to your venue in advance if required.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Of course! We would be delighted to play any dance you wish and I am sure our dance caller will know it. If you prefer, you are more than welcome to provide the track you want on an MP3 player which we can connect to our PA.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Annasach normally take up to a 40 minute break in the middle of the evening, for example timed with the buffet, although all timings are flexible and we can cater for your individual requirements.
- How far do you travel?Although we are based in Central Scotland, Annasach are prepared to play anywhere in the world having played in Amsterdam, Ballater, Carlisle, New York, Peebles, Stevenage and Zurich to name just a few! For gigs within a two hour drive, we would usually travel there and back on the same day/evening. Gigs further away or abroad will require an overnight stay, and our fee will reflect any additional mileage, flights, PA hire, accommodation, etc.
- Do you explain the dances?Yes! Our dance caller, Tricia, (who is probably the most important member of the band!) has years of experience and is guaranteed to calm any nerves and make sure that everyone enjoys themselves. If she can tame Ainsley Harriot then she can do anything!
- How do I confirm a booking?Should you wish to proceed with booking Annasach Ceilidh Band for your event then we will require a signed contract and a 30% non-returnable deposit (returnable if 90 days notice or more is given of cancellation). Upon receipt of both your booking is confirmed.
All the usual ceilidh dances including -
Anniversary Two Step
Black Mountain Reel
Bob's Fancy (aka Glasgow Kiss)
Boston Two Step
Bridge Of Athlone
Britannia Two Step
Call Of The Pipes
Canadian Barn Dance
Coming Through The Rye Waltz
Cumberland Square Eight
Dashing White Sergeant
Dinky One Step
Duke and Duchess Of Edinburgh
Duke Of Perth (aka Broon’s Reel)
Eva Three Step
Flirtation Two Step
Flowers Of Edinburgh
Gay Gordon’s Two Step
Ice Cream In The Sink
It Good Tae Ken Ye
Jackie Tar Two Step
Joe McDermaid’s Jig
Kelvingrove Two Step
Killarney Waltz (aka New Killarney Waltz)
Machine's Without Horses
Marine Four Step
Military Two Step
Mississippi Hotdog Reel
Orcadian Strip The Willow
Pride Of Erin Waltz
Reel Of The 51st Division
Roundabout Hullaghan's Jig
Siege Of Enis
Southern Rose Waltz
Speed The Plough
St Andrew’s In The Square
St Bernard’s Waltz
Strip The Willow
Trip To Bavaria
Waltz Country Dance
Waltz Of The Bells
Waves Of Tory
White Heather Foxtrot