Accomplished saxophonist and jazz/soul/pop Performs with DJs, percussionists, bands, dep and session work.
Specialises in all styles of jazz, soul, RnB, reggae and afrobeats.
Performs with backing tracks.
Dawn Tufnell• 25 Aug 2019
Ann-Marie was amazing! Our guests loved her, as did we, Not only her brilliant performance but her general presence. Ann-Marie was also very accommodating and flexible especially considering we only booked her a few days before our event. Dawn & Phil Tufnell
Toni• 31 Aug 2019
Highly recommend very good played lots of songs that we knew and I asked for a few that she learnt just for that day
Agnes Taylor• 5 Jan 2019
Very professional and all the quests enjoyed it thoroughly
Joanna B• 28 Mar 2018
Ann-Marie, understood the audience and style and was able to tailor her set accordingly. She was a very prompt responder to messages and performed really well. It was a pleasure to work with her and I would happily book again.
Ebony Mentore• 15 Jul 2018
"Ann-Marie was amazing, she played the Saxophone and sang Bridge over troubled waters with so much passion.
All the guest who attended the memorial service were extremely impressed along with myself.
Ann-Marie was perfect and a lot of people asked for her details after, I will definitely booked Ann-Marie again for any future events.
A big thank you again to Ann-Marie for making the day special, you are very talented."
- How long do you play for?I play for a maximum of 2 hours but this can be split over a longer period of time (eg: 3x40minute sets).
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?At present I have my own pa equipment- 2x800w speakers, mixer and microphones.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?As a member of the Musicians’ Union, I have Public Liability insurance and all of my electrical equipment is PAT tested.
- How much space do you require?Enough for myself, saxophone stand, microphone stand, mixer (if using, fir which I would require a small table) and speakers. 1.5 x 1.5m is usually sufficient.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If sufficient notice is given, I will learn it and play it for you.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually a 10 minute break in between sets, depending on the length of the event. I would then play recorded music from my iPad when not playing myself.
- Do you play requested songs?If you would like me to play songs for your event from your own dinglist, I am happy to do that if you give me sufficient notice.
- Are you able to roam/mingle with the crowd?Yes indeed! I have a wireless microphone that enables me to move freely on stage or amongst a crowd of people.
- Which saxophone do you play?Tenor (the large one), alto (the medium one) and soprano (the straight one)!
Songs performed upon request.
Songs from the 60s -90s soul era (eg: James Brown, Luther Vandross, Chaka Khan, The Whispers, Kool and The Gang, Michael Jackson, etc).
Classic reggae and afrobeat.