Hi, I'm Andrew, retired Purchase Manager, and now keen amateur saxophonist and busker, playing a range of music with an amplified backing track, suit small to medium sized venues inside and out. I have been busking to raise money for charities and as passers-by regularly ask me how they can get in contact, I've decided to make myself available for other gigs. Pricing reflects that I play pleasantly, keenly, suitable for smaller event or as backing music. People stay around to listen to me. Due to family commitments I won't be able to perform during school holidays.
- How long do you play for?From 1 to 4 hours, depending on request
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have a portable 80W PA I use for backing track, and can also be used for announcing in a medium sized venue (or Karaoke). For larger venues I have access to 500W+ equipment as required.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?My equipment is battery powered, not currently PAT tested. I do not currently have Public Liability Insurance. If this was a specific requirement, I can quote for this.
- How much space do you require?From as little as 2 Sq metres, 3 sq metres if Bari Sax also required. However the sound will project to cover an area of up to 800m2
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Please ask - I can find arrangements for most songs, if not available I can make one, as long as the piece is not extremely difficult.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I can play for 2 hours without a break, 5 mins required for performance up to 4 hours.
- How will you appear?I have a variety of outfits to suit a range of occasions, including: DJ and black tie; Black Denim and Fedora; Polo shirt and smart trousers; Festive Jumper and Hat; Superman Outfit (it was a gift from a previous life, honest) I will work with clients to find a suitable outfit matching your occasion.
- I'd like to contact you before booking to check some points, how do I do that?As I am starting on this platform the free package allows me to contact you via the inbuilt messaging system, feel free to contact me this way, and I'll be happy to respond quickly to any questions you may have.
Have a wide range of 300+ pieces with backing track ready covering Pop (90mins), Lively (2 hrs), Relaxed Soul (70mins), Soft Rock (90mins), Christmas (2 hrs), Sweet/Old time (4 hrs), Dance (Disco/pop) (1 hr), Blues, Showtunes, classical, Church etc - have music from 1920s - 1980s and more modern pop suitable for your party or event - setlist sent with every quote, and may be able to find an arrangement for specific requested pieces.
A little bit me, a little bit you/I'm a Believer in the style of (i.t.s.o) The Monkees;
Ain't got no - I got life/Feeling Good i.t.s.o. Nina Simone;
Back for Good/Rule the World i.t.s.o. Take That
Alfie (what's it all about);
Beyond The Sea;
Bye, Bye Blackbird;
Cry Me a River,
Everything i.t.s.o Michael Buble
On A Slow Boat To China
She Caught The Katy/Sweet Home Chicago i.t.s.o the Blues Brothers
Stranger On The Shore
The Look Of Love Burt Bacharach
My Way /Fly me to the Moon
Playing on Alto and Baritone Sax, depending on the piece.
My speakers can be used to provide background music for the remainder of the event via Bluetooth, and support Karaoke, and I have a collection of older dance music 60s-80s - I can access what you want and would be happy to discuss specific playlists in advance.