I have been playing the bagpipes for over 30 years and started when I was 9 years old. I have had the privilege to travel all over the world and play at many events and functions. I take great pride in the standard of my turnout and playing and believe that I must always strive to deliver my absolute best at all times, my playing at your event becomes part of your memories and I can't afford to supply a bad memory for my clients.
Where it all began!
I had wanted to learn the bagpipes from the age of 6 and finally got to start learning the bagpipes at 9 years old with a local band. It was here that I was taught the basics and developed my passion for the Great Highland Bagpipe. I spent many happy years with this band learning my craft and travelling around the country to play with the band. At the age of 17, I decided to join the army and I became a member of the world famous pipes and...
Michael Willmot• 23 May 2018
Excellent. Andrew performed superbly and fulfilled the brief perfectly. WE were very grateful for his excellent playing.
Alison Johnson• 28 Aug 2018
Thank you Andrew... For making our special day extra special.. Your promptness, playing standard and friendliness were second to none.. We won't forget your contribution to our day.. Best wishes.. Ali and John Hearn
Paul• 10 Aug 2018
Andrew was excellent, did me and my family proud thank you so much highly recommended
Steve Roffey• 9 Jun 2018
Very pleased with Andy and his performance service. Prompt, precise and courtious. Looked great in the wedding photos in full dressage. Highly recommended.
Terry• 23 Dec 2018
Great guy just what we wanted,most helpful, superbly presented and very professional!!
No hesitation in recommending Andy
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Given enough notice and if it is a piece that can be played properly on the pipes, then yes.
- How much space do you require?Just a room to get changed in at most. Not always required and dependant on the job type
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?I am fully insured
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?PA and lighting isn't required for my act
- How long do you play for?Most requirements for a piper are for short performances during certain parts of the events. Due to the volume of the instrument, I wouldn't typically play for anymore than 10 minutes at a time.
I play most traditional and popular bagpipe music. I am available to hire for Weddings, parties, Funerals and most other types of functions.
The following is a selection of my repertior, I do have ot...