I have been playing the bagpipes for over 30 years and started when I was 9 years old. I have had the privilege to travel all over the world and play at many events and functions. I take great pride in the standard of my turnout and playing and believe that I must always strive to deliver my absolute best at all times, my playing at your event becomes part of your memories and I can't afford to supply a bad memory for my clients.
Where it all began!
I had wanted to learn the bagpipes from the age of 6 and finally got to start learning the bagpipes at 9 years old with a local band. It was here that I was taught the basics and developed my passion for the Great Highland Bagpipe. I spent many happy years with this band learning my craft and travelling around the country to play with the band. At the age of 17, I decided to join the army and I became a member of the world famous pipes and...
Michael Willmot• 23 May 2018
Excellent. Andrew performed superbly and fulfilled the brief perfectly. WE were very grateful for his excellent playing.
Melanie Hearn• 6 Apr 2019
Fantastic piper, would highly recommend Andrew Paton for your event. he was friendly, helpful and professional, he looked and sounded the part, thank-you!
wendy• 9 Feb 2019
10/10 The best experience ever everyone said at the Wedding reception how it made the day and how Andy carried on playing on and off through freezing cold weather, he was worth every penny. Wendy
Terry• 23 Dec 2018
"Great guy just what we wanted,most helpful, superbly presented and very professional!!
No hesitation in recommending Andy"
Aileen Davis• 1 Jun 2019
Andy was fantastic! Easy to communicate with prior to our wedding, arrived on time in his full attire and played some wonderful tunes as the guests arrived at the church! He then piped me to the entrance of the church playing Highland Cathedral. All the guests loved it too. Thank you so much Andy!!
- How long do you play for?Most requirements for a piper are for short performances during certain parts of the events. Due to the volume of the instrument, I wouldn't typically play for anymore than 10 minutes at a time.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?PA and lighting isn't required for my act
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?I am fully insured
- How much space do you require?Just a room to get changed in at most. Not always required and dependant on the job type
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Given enough notice and if it is a piece that can be played properly on the pipes, then yes.
I play most traditional and popular bagpipe music. I am available to hire for Weddings, parties, Funerals and most other types of functions.
The following is a selection of my repertior, I do have ot...