As well as being awarded the title of 2017-2018 Magician of the Year, I have won numerous competitions including the North West Championships of Magic and Cabaret Magician of the year. I host my own magic web series with over 200 episodes and have several television appearances including Britain's Got Talent.
I have been performing professionally for over twenty years at birthday parties, christenings, weddings, festivals, schools, libraries and on cruise ships. I have numerous Performing Arts qualifications, a BA (Hons) and Masters Degree in Television Production and am a trained ICT school teacher.
I have written and produced over fifty books and tutorial videos on magic that are sold around the world.
Helen Gray• 26 Feb 2018
I just wanted to say a massive thank you for today. The kids have never seen anything like that before so it was a real experience for them. I have some fab pics of the children in absolute awe of you. Thanks a million. All the feedback has been wonderful.
Harold C• 10 Jul 2016
We have hired Stephen several times over the years. He has been a featured artist at our Easter Farmers Market and our Summer in the Park events. Most recently, he performed four different shows at our park event and he was very well received at every show. I have no problem in highly recommending Stephen for your children's party or any event where you want a children's magician. ** Written on behalf of the Friends of Cale Green Park.
Kate Hook• 21 Jun 2018
"Amazing Stephen recently performed at our son's 1st birthday party where there was a real mix of ages attending. He lived up to his name as he literally was amazing! Kept all the kids entertained, performed cool tricks and kept the whole party captivated...even the parents who I think enjoyed some of it more than the kids ha ha!
Thanks for a great party, I was genuinely worried that all these kids would get bored and start to mess about but their bums were glued to the floor as they were tota...
Sarah Frangleton• 7 Sep 2018
Stephen did such an amazing job at our wedding. He was there to keep us entertained all day and into the evening and did not stop the entire time. Our guests were entertained the whole time and Stephen has so many tricks up his sleeve he caters for all audiences. We had such great feedback nobody had a bad word to say. You won’t go wrong if you hire Stephen for your event. THANK YOU Stephen! X
Peter Gabriel• 26 Mar 2018
Stephen was hired to perform at my daughters 5th birthday party and he did a spectacular job. He greeted the children with hula hoops as they arrived, did a magic show, made balloon animals and played games with them. He took care of all the entertainment and I highly recommend him.
- Do you do open-air acts?I can happily perform outdoors, as long as there is a gazebo to perform under to keep me and the audience dry or from getting sunburn.
- How long is the act?My most popular show packages are the one-hour magic & puppet show, two-hour party package with games, and three-hours with a circus skills workshop.
- What type of magic do you performI perform all types of magic from close-up table-hopping, reception entertainment, a full birthday party show, or a stage / cabaret performance on the big stage.
- Will your magic suit my event?Magic will suit almost any event.
- How many people will you perform for?I have no minimum or maximum guests. Invite as many as will fit in the room!
- How long do you need to set up?I require 15 minutes to set-up the one-hour show. And 30 minutes for the 2 or 3 hour show.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?Yes. Through Equity.
- What experience do you have working with children?As well as being a retired high-school teacher, I have been performing professional magic shows for children for over 20 years.
- Are you DBS checked?Yes. It can be viewed online at request.
- Do you limit the number of children that we can invite to our child's Birthday party?I have no limit; invite as many as you can!
My one-hour comedy magic & puppet show is catered to your audience. I pick the best tricks & puppets based on their age, space available and number in attendance to provide the best show possible.