I was awarded the title of Magician of the Year 2018 and have won four major competitions including the North West Championships of Magic. I host my own magic web series with over 200 episodes and have several television appearances including Britain's Got Talent.
I have been performing professionally for over twenty years at birthday parties, christenings, weddings, festivals, schools, libraries and on cruise ships. I have numerous Performing Arts qualifications, a BA (Hons) and Masters Degree in Television Production and am a trained ICT school teacher.
I have written and produced over fifty books and tutorial videos on magic that are sold around the world.
Caroline Henshaw• April 14, 2019
Stephen has all the children captivated. He was brilliant did more than the 2 hour for which I paid for.
Catrina W• Feb. 21, 2011
Stephen was brilliant at my twins party last year, they would love to have him again. He is very nice. It was a 6th party and I think suitable for 4-10yo. Thanks again.
Laura H• Oct. 23, 2012
we recently had amazing Stephen at our daughter's 6th birthday party - he was BRILLIANT - we can't recommend him enough. from start to finish he captured every child's attention - there were nearly 50 at the party.
Katherine G• June 26, 2013
I saw Stephen at a Park event in March. He was fantastic! He really captured the children's attention (and mine) throughout! He was really energetic and the kids LOVED him! I even saw him doing a magic trick for a boy that missed the show which was really sweet.
Georgie L• Nov. 10, 2013
HE IS AMAZING!! Just had the most fantastic 6th birthday party for my son. 36 kids and for three hours he kept them HAPPY!! Not one single child cried. He is funny and the adults loved him too. Most of the kids were 5 to 6 years old and we had about 8 under threes. The atmosphere was great and the party was a success due to Stephen. Like I say, EVERYONE was happy and that's priceless. :)
Zoe A• Dec. 18, 2013
Amazing Stephen did our 5 year old's birthday last week and he was absolutely brilliant. He kept 35 kids enthralled and laughing for 2 hours and was a pleasure to deal with. He kept the party going at a great pace and got the kids to the table for party food and back again smoothly. We just got to sit back and relax! Can't recommend enough.
- Do you do open-air acts?I can happily perform outdoors, as long as there is a gazebo to perform under to keep me and the audience dry or from getting sunburn.
- How long is the act?My most popular show packages are the one-hour magic & puppet show, two-hour party package with games, and three-hours with a circus skills workshop.
- What type of magic do you performI perform all types of magic from close-up table-hopping, reception entertainment, a full birthday party show, or a stage / cabaret performance on the big stage.
- Will your magic suit my event?Magic will suit almost any event.
- How many people will you perform for?I have no minimum or maximum guests. Invite as many as will fit in the room!
- How long do you need to set up?I require 15 minutes to set-up the one-hour show. And 30 minutes for the 2 or 3 hour show.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?Yes. Through Equity.
- What experience do you have working with children?As well as being a retired high-school teacher, I have been performing professional magic shows for children for over 20 years.
- Are you DBS checked?Yes. It can be viewed online at request.
- Do you limit the number of children that we can invite to our child's Birthday party?I have no limit; invite as many as you can!
My one-hour comedy magic & puppet show is catered to your audience. I pick the best tricks & puppets based on their age, space available and number in attendance to provide the best show possible.
For younger children I have puppet routines with a turtle, crocodile or monkey puppet. For older children I might bend a metal fork, solve a Rubik cube in seconds, or read their minds.
In the two-hour party package we follow the show with party games such as Group Dances, Musical Bumps, Play Parachute, Pass-the-Parcel, the Conga and Scavenger hunt. All the games have been adapted to not eliminate any children and I provide the prizes for the games along with the music. If they are eating during the party, I continue entertaining with a guess the theme song game or making everyone a balloon animal (depending on how many guests there are).
I can also provide a third hour of entertainment which includes a circus skills workshop.