AKA are a lively 4 piece party band with a proven track record. Comprised of some of the finest UK musicians, all the players are trained professionals and have extensive experience performance and create a great atmosphere for any event.The Band can offer a full 4 piece as well as 5 piece band, but if this might be too much we can also offer an acoustic duo as part of a package or instead of the whole band. The Duo is perfect for drinks receptions or smaller more intimate events.We pride ourselves on playing every song that you know and love as well as many that have been forgotten.
Whether you want to groove away with some Stevie Wonder or Rock out with Brian Adams the band have it all.We know that people have specific songs that they want hear or ones that have particular meaning. We are always happy to learn up to 5 songs that you want us to play at your event. Maybe a first dance or that one song that is your song. We will be more than happy to learn it.
The band also offer a full DJ service for our clients at no extra charge. This includes background music before the band play, whilst they are taking a break as well as after whilst packing down. This service also means that if there are any songs that you want but the band cannot manage (maybe there is a 40 piece choir and a string section in the tune) the DJ will be able to play it for you so you'll never miss out.
In 2014, June, we booked Also Known As for our wedding. Their performance on the day was amazing, and the services they offered sure deserve a mention. The band was friendly and readily met our personal tastes. Certain songs we requested for was not on even in their list, but they put in extra efforts and learned them for us, and thus adding the personal touch. On a short notice, during our ceremony, Anabel and Matt agreed to play an acoustic set, which our guests loved. A big, big thanks to Anabel, Matt and the entire team for their amazing performance, their high spirits and great service. We definitely would love to book them again for any future functions, and in fact, we recommend them to anybody in search of the best band.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:First class musicians and service for your event.
- What are the highlights of your career?Performing at the Gherkin on New Years as well as performing for our hundreds of happy wedding couples of course!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We are specialists! We know events and functions intimately and know how to make any function run smoothly. We also have the ability to add a manned DJ service to our line up. This is not a "DJ Playlist" like other bands but a fully manned DJ in it's own right, giving us the ability to tailor the music to your event perfectly!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We are wedding specialists but we also play at corporate events, Christmas parties and any and all other events where awesome music is a must!
- Who are your previous clients?The Gherkin, The Cutty Sark, Kew Gardens, Hampton Court House and Palace, Gate Street Barn, Mannings Heath Golf Club, The Savoy, just to name a few.
- How can event planners pay for your services?We deal in electronic transfer only so it is safe and secure for you as well as us. We work on an invoice basis and are not VAT registered.
- How long do you play for?Typically we play for 2 hours live with the band and then take you up to the end of the night with our DJ. The best of both worlds!
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?The entire band is covered by PLI and all our equipment down to our phone chargers are covered and PAT tested every year.
- How much space do you require?Our 4 piece band takes up a minimum area of 5m wide by 3m deep.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Of course. Whether it is a first dance or special request we are always happy to learn a song or 2 for your day.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Depending on how you want your event to run, we either play for an hour, then take 30 minsutes and then play for an hour more, or we can play 3 x 40 minutes sets with 20 minutes breaks between. Whatever you'd prefer, it's your choice.
- Do you do open-air acts?We do. Providing there is adequate space, safe conditions and power.
We tailor make our sets for every event. Here is a set we performed for a client that wanted a modern set with a couple of classics thrown in for good measure!
Isn’t She Lovely
The Way You make Me Feel
Walking On Sunshine
Signed Sealded Delivered
Locked Out Of Heaven
You’ve Got The Love
Plays That Funky Music
Sex On fire
Summer of 69