ALEXANDER LOMAS Winner & multiple finalist of North of England Wedding Awards for Entertainment. Swing Singer, Wedding Singer, Private, Public & Corporate Events. All round professional entertainer, Vocalist, Compere, Presenter, actor & voice over artist. Available for all styles of event.
Having spent the last 20 years building his reputation as a truly polished performer Alex is without doubt one of the best in his business.
SWING SINGER few can truly echo the image of an era quite like Alexander. Relaxed seemingly effortless delivery providing that rare touch of class we only associated with the greats such as Sinatra, Dino, Sammy Davis, Bobby Darin, Tony Bennett and now Michael Buble.Encapsulating charismatically the style, romance and inspiration of the 'Crooners' - a real touch of class ...Las Vegas never seemed so close!
PARTY TIME Alexander has a fantastic and varied selction of popular covers, mixed dancing songs so everyone gets to party the night away, Soul, Rock, pop, 60's, 70's, 80's & more.
BORN into a theatrical background Alexander spent a large part of his youth studying drama, improvisation, acting, and tap dance, whilst regularly performing in local shows. After a number of years in a family business he followed his childhood ambitions to become a full time professional performer. Over the last 20 years Alexander has worked throughout the UK and abroad, building an excellent reputation as a singer. As fulltime professional Singer, Compere , Actor & Presenter, Alexander has performed extensively across media including Radio, Stage and Television and has represented both International & Local Brands including the role as food & drink expert on local TV Channel 'Made In Tyne & Wear'.
Sarah• May 25, 2019
Alex's performance was enjoyed by all of the guests who attended the event.
I can't recommend Alex enough and we will look at booking him again in the future for any other events we hold.
Damian & Jennifer• Jan. 5, 2014
Damian & Jennifer 05/01/2014
Excellent quality service. Gave excellent value and kept guests entertained. Fantastic singer
Stacey & Wayne Teasdale• Sept. 27, 2013
My husband and I choose Alex to perform at our wedding on customer reviews his personality. He is very easy going and goes above and beyond to make you and your guests happy and relaxed! Alex even managed to get everyone up from their seats and dancing by 6:30!! I highly recommend Alex to everyone
Claire & Stephen Weatherly• April 29, 2019
From the moment we booked Alexander Lomas to perform at our wedding reception we knew we had made the right choice. Alex had a wide range of performances for us to choose from and was happy to include some of our own choices. He was very flexible regarding performance times and arrived promptly on the evening. He is very talented and was a great success with all of our guests. He was also very flexible and understanding on the evening when we had to change the timing of our first dance due to me being poorly. I would not hesitate to book Alex for another event or recommend him to others.
Stephen & Barbara Carter• June 5, 2014
Alex is the consummate professional. He sang at our wedding evening reception and was absolutely brilliant. The whole process of dealing with Alex was so easy - from the original contact, through to his reassurance of working in conjunction with the DJ and the organisation of his playlist. Whilst any wedding should be one of the best days of your life there are certain worries that go hand in hand with such an event. However, once we had spoken with Alex this was one area that neither of us worried about. On the night he was superb and everyone of our 145 guests made favourable comments about his performance.
Gaynor Hales Birthday• Jan. 18, 2019
Thanking you for a fabulous evening, my friends had a ball. The music was our era, I am so glad I booked you
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Award winning, Professional Singer, Actor & Compere with over 20 years experience specialising in Swing & Ratpack and party covers for all types of function
- What are the highlights of your career?In addition to singing my favourite songs for a living and being booked to be a part of my clients very personal & special occasions, .... Acting alongside Hollywood 'A' lister Tim Roth. Warming up for Tim Healy. Sharing a glass & wine chat with Oz Clark, dancing live with New York Tap Dancer Tobias Tak, driving the Police cars for Wire in the Blood, Kissing Debbie Reynolds (Singing' in The Rain star), Talking to Stephen Fry about my role in the musical he adapted ( Me & My Girl), Performing for the NSPCC North East branch at their bi-yearly events and last but definitely not least having a walk-on role in an episode of Byker Grove even if I did have to play the kidnapper in a balaclava!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?I have experience in all kinds of Events - Weddings, Anniversary, Birthday, Corporate, Black-Tie Gala, Theme Nights, Holiday Camps (UK & Abroad), Restaurants, Hotels, Bar, Cocktail Drinks, Casino, Garden Party, Social Clubs, Charity, Ferry, Cruise & Boat, UK & Abroad.
- Who are your previous clients?In addition to many private clients I have also worked for the following companies in various forms of entertainment including Singer, Compere, Actor ARPPEGIO FILMS DEAN FILMS NEWCASTLE COLLEGE NEWCASTLE COUNCIL NOBLE AMUSEMENTS CROWN BINGO NEWCASTLE FALCONS SAFC BIDVEST NEWCASTLE WINE SCHOOL KPMGES PRODUCTIONS POSITIVELY PINK CHEMISTRY MARKETING BBC UK BBC PANORAMA ITV TYNE TEES STAGECOACH KESTREL FILMS INTRINSICLINES TEAMWORX TELEVISION & FILM DEAN FILMS MALLINSON TV CARLISLE UNIVERSITY LEO BURNETT SYDNEY AUSTRALIA LIBERTY BELL PRODUCTIONS MADE IN TYNE & WEAR SEEN & HEARDNSPCC P&G SAGE SOFTWARE PASS 'N' GO BROWELL SMITH & CO BRISTOL STREET MOTORS TYNE TEES MODELS METRO CENTRE BALTIC ART ELDON SQUARE BOURNE LEISURE HAVEN EUROPE BRISTOL STREET MOTORS HISTORY PODS GENTOO
- How long do you play for?Cabaret's can be adapted to fit all events. Average performance is 2 x Sets of each approx 45min long. The two sets can be performed with a break in the middle or they can be performed can also be performed 'back-to-back' as one long set which can fit perfectly before a Disco giving you a nice mixture of entertainment for your guests.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I am Fully self contained with my own PA system and mood lighting. A Star Cloth Backdrop can also be provided when required.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Fully PAT tested. Full Public Liability covered by the professional Actor & Entertainment Union Equity
- How much space do you require?Set up can be adapted to fit the function. For small venues space of around 1.5m square minimum if necessary. Larger events stages can be filled with a Star Cloth Backdrop around 3 metres in with with a performance area of 1.5m deep in front of it.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If your favourite song is not on my list I may be able to learn it depending on style & key. FIRST DANCES A first dance song can be very particular and if I am unable to find a suitable arrangement of the song is unique and the originally is required I will down load the song and fit it into my set seamlessly and I will also compere the whole moment.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Breaks depend on the Cabaret booked and can range in time to suit the event. Cabarets can even be performed as one single longer set without a break giving an option to fit before a dinner or buffet, Disco or even a band.
- Wedding First Dance SongI am happy to perform your first dance if it is part of my repertoire or a song from the style in which I perform. You can also just choose an original version by the original artist of any song which I am happy to download and fit into my set allowing you to perform your first dance at any point during the evening. The song can be played when you are ready and I will precede & follow it seemlessly in addition to compering the special moment.
- Are you able to perform outside?Weather permitting Alex is happy to perform outside at Weddings, Garden Parties & all events. Requirements for the client are access to a power source (plug socket). This is something Alex does all the time and it can add a fantastic ambience to any outside events, especially drinks receptions and garden parties. PLEASE NOTE: If there is any chance of rain then suitable cover MUST be provided - this can be any form of shelter that is 100% waterproof and must cover all the equipment or relevant plug sockets.
- What is your most popular Cabaret?Alex performs both Swing/Ratpack and mixed party covers. The most popular Cabaret is a mixture of both. The first half all the Swing favourites followed by a second half of Party Covers.
- Do you sing Chart Music?No. Alex has a large repertoire of both Swing and mixed genre party covers but does not perform modern chart hits - this he leaves to the DJ.
- How far do you travelAlex works all over the UK and is happy to travel to your event. PLEASE NOTE: Alex is based in the North of England. Travel expenses, accommodation, sustenance may be added to regions outside his general catchment area. Expenses will be included in the Quote with a clear list of what has been included.
- My wedding / function is abroad, would you travel abroad to perform?Yes Alex occasionally travels to overseas functions. There's quite a lot of information required to understand the logistics involved in this however the most important points are listed here. IMPORTANT:- All travel, accommodation & sustenance expenses must be provided in addition to Alex's regular performance fee and a fee for travel days. Travel can be by Car or Plane depending on destination. If travel is by plane, the client will also need to provide a suitable P.A. (Speakers ONLY as Alex has a small travel mixer & mic in addition to music backing device), additional luggage cost may be required for electronic equipment. Alex has performed in France a number of times and as far away as Bermuda.
- Do you offer any other services?Compere & Speaker, Singer/Compere, Wine themed events. In addition to being an award winning singer, Alex can also be booked as a compere or presenter for all functions or live promotional events. As a speaker Alex can host wine themed events for which he holds the internationally recognised WSET certification in addition to having studied with the UK's leading viticultural centre at Plumpton.
- Do You Sing Modern Chart Music?Alexander performs an array of mixed genre covers from a number of era's , theres a little bit of something for everyone. In addition to this he also specialises in Swing & Ratpack music, he does NOT perform Modern Chart hits - This he leaves to your DJ and Disco.
- Can I book you as a Singing Compere?Yes, Alexander can be booked to compere your event and this can include a cabaret. Please get in touch for full details.
- Do you perform in Sheltered Accommodation & Old Peoples HomesYes, Alexander has a show especially designed for this style of event which features songs and anecdotes if required. Please get in touch for full details.
- Do you take multi-bookings & Residency Bookings?Yes, Alexander is happy to discuss rates for multiple date bookings & residency bookings - please send details for residency fees.
Over 100 Swing songs repertoire! Guaranteed to get things 'Swingin'. Plus a great selection of cross genre dancing favourites in my mixed Party Set.
MAIN CABARET - RATPACK SINGIN' & DANCING SHOW :- 1 Set Swing & Ratpack followed by 1 Set Dancin' Favourites mixed covers a little bit of something for everyone.
WEDDING SHOWS: I have a number of cabarets designed to fit all parts of your wedding.
SWING & RATPACK TRIBUTE:- Franks Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jnr, Bobby Darin, Andy Williams, Louis Prima etc.
JAZZ LOUNGE:- American Songbook favourites Swing & Jazz favourites for background music
Presenter - TV, Live, Auto Cue & Radio Experience
Event Speaker - Specialist Subjects as below
Fully Certified WSET Wine Tutor - Hire for Tasting, Corporate & Trade Fair Events
BPET & Certified Cicerone Beer Server - Hire forTasting, Corporate & Trade Fair Events
Gin Tastings & Story of Gin Events