Alex and Lydia are a professional singing duo based in Kent, they are a light hearted, charming and talented pair eager to provide top class singing entertainment for any and all events.
Their performance style is very versatile and they will happily cater to your needs, whether that be for a family friendly set full of old and new upbeat pop classics everyone can sing and dance along to, a more mellow set brimming with vintage style and jazz standards or maybe a romantic set to help make your wedding extra special, let them know what you'd like and they will do everything they can to put together the perfect performance specifically for your event!
With 10 years of combined experience in live performing you're guaranteed some great entertainment! Examples of past professional work include singing for Londons new years day parade, leading roles in the E4 show 'Stage School', performing in the London fringe show 'Boogie Nights' and playing the lead role in 'Toys' The musical. They have spent the last year performing at many different events, from Harry Potter themed weddings to Christmas community events!
They both come highly qualified.
Lydia having completed her 3 year performing arts course at D&B academy of performing arts. Leaving with an ALCM diploma in musical theatre singing and teaching with the London College of music. She currently operates as a singing teacher at a local theatre school
Alex has just graduated from his 3 year course at D&B. after graduating he went straight into rehearsals for the London Fringe musical 'Boogie Nights' and will be appearing in Ipswich's pants as 'Dandini' in 'Cinderella'.
*Extensive repertoire of +150 songs
*Special requests welcome (providing enough notice) - Up to two new songs for free!
*Songs available in a variety of genres, including- Jazz, pop, Christmas and more!
*Both professionally trained singers with relevant industry experience.
*HQ PA system, PLI cover up to £10 million, high quality backing tracks and fully PAT tested equiptment.
If you would like to enquire into booking them please do not hesitate to contact them or look at the media on their profile, then make sure to ask for a quote!
Lewis Seager• Jan. 5, 2020
Fantastic act and very easy to deal with. The variety of music they preform was perfect for the occasion and really helped make the day even more special.
Dee Staplehurst• March 23, 2019
"Amazing, Alex and Lydia made the evening into a lovely atmosphere, all my friends family and husband had mentioned how really good they both are and they all asked how I found them both,
Thank you poptop for helping me find them both.
They are both also are a lovely couple together and how they had fun singing together with humour,
Very well done
Ian Carter• Dec. 26, 2018
"It would be too easy for me to say that Alex & Lydia were simply outstanding, and it would probably do them a disservice too. So, to qualify such high praise, let me first say that I regularly book live entertainment for various events and have done so for the past 30 years or more. From the outset Lydia was a delight to deal with in the pre-planning of their performance during our Christmas party night for 120 people of all ages. On arrival (at the pre-arranged time) both Alex and Lydia were extremely relaxed, yet professionally efficient in setting up their equipment in front of everyone, causing no inconvenience to anyone, including during their soundcheck. They started singing exactly on time and from the first note had the attention of everyone. Their musical versatility and ongoing rapport with the audience was excellent. Individually their voices were exceptional; as a duo they complimented each other perfectly, and together they provided a thoroughly entertaining night of vocal excellence across a wide range of musical genres that had people on the dance floor, or completely in awe, throughout.
These are two highly talented, motivated and extremely polite and respectful young entertainers, with a professionalism and desire to do a good job that not only exceeds their years, but is sadly not so common these days. The amount and sincerity of ongoing positive feedback I have received from everyone present is unprecedented and I will certainly be re-booking them in 2020 when we next repeat this event... my life would not be worth living if I did not! I could not recommend Alex & Lydia highly enough and I wish them both all the adulation they rightly deserve in what should surely be long and successful musical careers."
Denise Graham• Dec. 22, 2018
Alex & Lydia were fantastic! They were extremely professional and really sang their hearts out. I would highly recommend these two wonderful singers for your event.
Ian johnsen• Dec. 14, 2018
Very good from booking to performance enjoyed by all the group would book again.
Paul Goodgame• Dec. 9, 2018
Alex and Lydia are amazing, you won’t be disappointed!
Services From Alex & Lydia
Singing duo 1 × 60 minutes
Singing duo 2 × 60 minutes
Singing duo 3 × 60 minutes
Singing duo 3 × 45 minutes
Singing duo 2 × 45 minutes
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We are a young and charming professionally trained singing duo available to sing for any event
- What are the highlights of your career?Probably performing in dubai but being part of london's new years eve parade and on national TV for E4 were pretty cool too.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Any and all events! Weddings, parties, corporate events, Christmas parties etc...
- How long do you play for?How long are you willing to listen ? as long as we can get regular breaks we can sing for as long as you'd like us to.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA system, microphones and amplification will all be provided as long as you have somewhere for us to plug in.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have Public Liability Insurance and all our equipment has been PAT tested
- How much space do you require?Seeing as there is only the two off us and a small amount of equipment we won't take up a lot of space at all.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Absolutely!! Let us know what you want and we'll plan our set to meet your needs
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Every hour or so we'll need about a 15 minute break. Each hour is easy to break into about 45 minutes of singing and then a 15 minute break.
For some ideas of the kind of service we can provide here is an example of some mock set lists. If you would like a full list of all our sets then get in touch.
• ‘Fever’- Peggy Lee
• ‘Can’t Help Falling in Love With You’- Elvis
• ‘Summertime’-Ella Fitzgerald
• ‘Come Fly With Me’- Frank Sinatra
• ‘You’ve Got a Friend’- Carole King
• ‘What a Wonderful World’- Louis Armstrong
• ‘Cups’- Anna Kendrick
• ‘Bring Him Home’- Les Miserables
• ‘Come Away With Me’- Nora Jones
• ‘Let It Go’- James Bay
• ‘Halo’- Beyonce
• ‘Perfect’- Ed Sheeran
• ‘Somewhere Over The Rainbow’- Eva Cassidy
Modern Pop Party Set:
• 'I’m Still Standing’- SING/Elton John
• 'Walk Me Home’- P!nk
• 'Castle On The Hill’- Ed Sheeran
• 'Dear Future Husband’- Meghan Trainor
• 'Stitches’- Shawn Mendes
• ‘Shallow’- Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper
• 'I’m Yours’- Jason Mraz
• 'Never Really Over’- Katy Perry
• ‘Shape Of You’- Ed Sheeran
• ‘Call Me Maybe’- Carly Rae Jepsen
• ‘Dance With Me Tonight’- Olly Murs7
• ‘Came Here For Love’- Sigala & Ella Eyre
60s/70s/80s Pop Party Set:
• 'Papa Don't Preach'- Madonna
• 'American Pie'- Don Mclean
• 'If I Could Turn Back Time’- Cher
• 'Uptown Girl’- Billy Joel
• 'Alone'- Heart
• 'Play That Funky Music’- Wild Cherry
• 'Isn't She Lovely'- Stevie Wonder
• 'Jailhouse Rock’- Elvis
• 'December '63'- Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
• ‘Don’t Go Breaking My Heart’- Elton John & Kiki Dee
• ‘Stayin’ Alive’- Bee Gees
Mixed Pop Party Set:
• 'Valerie'- Amy Winehouse
• 'Jessie's Girl'- Rick Springfield
• 'Nine to Five'- Dolly Parton
• 'There Nothing Holding Me Back’- Shawn Mendes
• 'Isn't She Lovely'- Stevie Wonder
• 'Play That Funky Music’- Wild Cherry
• 'Shallow’- Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper
• 'Havent Met You Yet'- Michael Buble
• 'Call Me Maybe'- Carly Rae Jepsen
• 'Uptown Girl'- Billy Joel
• 'Summer of '69’- Bryan Adams
• 'Castle on the Hill'- Ed Sheeran
• 'Shake it Off'- Taylor Swift
• 'All I want for Christmas is you' Mariah Carey
• 'Last Christmas' Wham
• 'I wish it could be Christmas everyday' Wizzard
• 'Merry Christmas everybody' Slade
• 'Wonderful Christmas time' Paul McCartney
• 'White Christmas' Bing Crosby
• 'Have yourself a merry little Christmas' Frank Sinatra
• 'Let it snow' Dean Martin
• 'Baby its cold outside' Michael Buble