Experienced professional saxophonist performing sophisticated solo jazz, pop, soul and dance with quality backing tracks- perfect for drinks receptions, parties etc. Or playing alongside DJs for Ibiza style evening entertainment. Alastair can perform solo with or without access to electricity for drinks receptions and has a wide range of musical options. He has years of experience performing at weddings, corporate events and parties as well as bars and clubs in the UK and abroad.
As an additional option, I perform with a live pianist as a duo. I can also provide a trio or quartet with bass and drums. Let's chat about your precise wishes.
Lindsey Harrison• 1 Apr 2018
Very professional, followed the vibe of the crowd and provided fabulous entertainment. Highly recommend and guests were very impressed!!
katharine parry• 17 Feb 2018
"Did exactly as he promised! Very reasonable! Polite! Perfect for the occasion! Would definitely use again!
Thanks Alastair :-)"
Amanda Childs• 24 May 2019
Alistair was amazing and was definitely the cherry on top of the cake for our surprise party! He was extremely accommodating, both beforehand when discussing the event and playlist and also on the night when we had sound difficulties with the bar, he literally saved the night! Would highly recommend to anyone considering hiring him - go for it!
graham cobden• 6 Apr 2019
Alastair was absolutely fantastic. We had so many positive reviews from our guests on how excellent the saxophonist was and it made our wedding reception and first dance so memorable for us. Both performing on his own and performing in silo with the dj, al was a consumate professional and would be a wonderful addition of anyone's special day. I wholeheartedly recommend al!
Melani• 1 Sep 2019
Al played at our wedding and was amazing.. absolutely made our day perfect! All our guests commented on how fab he was! Very professional, punctual, and amazingly talented.. would definitely recommend! Thank you.
- How long do you play for?Standard performance is 2 x 45 minute sets
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have my own pa for background gigs. Where performing with a DJ I connect my radio microphone into the DJ's pa system.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes.
- How much space do you require?2metres x 1 metre.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If i can find a good quality backing track I am happy to learn a special tune.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?A short break of 10 or so minutes between sets. I provide appropriarte background music during breaks if needed.
For gigs with DJs I can perform to whatever tunes you like. With backing tracks, here is a fairly up to date list; New tunes are added regulaerly and I am happy to try to get a specific new tune if y...