We are a three piece band (including the caller) and we have been providing vibrant, exciting dance music for weddings, family parties and social events in and around Kent for over 20 years. This means that we have all the expertise and experience to ensure that you and your guests have a highly enjoyable and memorable time. Small and tidy we can fit into tight spaces but we make a lively fulsome sound.
Our emphasis during your event will be to ensure that you and your guests enjoy the occasion and that you all have a great fun evening. Having said that, we take what we do very seriously and are professional in our approach. You can rely on us to arrive in good time suitably dressed for the occasion and ready to get your guests up and dancing.
We will tailor the evening to your requirements and will discuss timings and arrangements with you well beforehand so that from the minute we arrive you know that we are ready fit in with you. We’ll begin playing at the agreed time and when y...
Liz Dobbs• 16 Jun 2018
I just wanted to say a massive thank you all for the amazing evening we had last night at my 50th birthday party. The music & calling instructions were spot on, everyone had the best time & those that couldn't join in enjoyed watching us all laughing & having fun. Everyone at the end of the party came to me & said what a great evening they had & some even said they didn't want it to end, me included! I can't remember the last time I laughed so much, it's a real tonic. I'm so glad I went with the...
Hugo Watson Brown• 24 Mar 2018
A2 Barn Dance provided a reel party for our daughter's 18th birthday party - what a night it was! They were very friendly and professional from the booking stage all the way through to the last note. They quickly realised our level of proficiency on the night and adapted their playing accordingly. In addition to being consummate musicians, they are really pleasant to deal with and supportive. I thoroughly recommend them.
David and Laricea Halliday• 12 Mar 2016
David and I wanted to say Thank you for Saturday! Everyone loved the Barn dancing and we all had a great time. It was really good fun :)
Fiona White• 26 May 2018
We booked A2 Barn Dance Band for our wedding and were very glad we did. We all had a great time muddling our way through lots of different dances, and the band did a great job keeping us all heading in the right direction.
Having just a small venue meant we needed a band that was flexible and able to work around the limited space. A2 Barn Dance Band did a super job, set up in no time, and had us all up and dancing before we knew it!
Thanks again for helping to make our day so special.
Caroline Fawcett• 21 Jul 2018
Thank you for one of the best nights of my life.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We play for all kinds of social and family events like weddings, anniversaries, birthday parties, fund raisers, church socials, corporate and school events. Barn dances work really well in any social situation and our caller always chooses a programme of dances to suit the level of experience and expertise of the guests so that everyone can take part if they want to.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If you have a tune or a dance that you would like us to include just let us know beforehand in case it's not in our current repertoire. We love adding new material so we're always up for taking requests.
- Who are your previous clients?All sorts of people book us, from brides and grooms to PTA's and church committees.
- What are the highlights of your career?One of our most memorable bookings was playing for the wedding reception the daughter of a high ranking official in Luxembourg. We entertained the guests with dances and tunes after the ceremony and delighted the bride by singing her favourite song, The Dancing and the Dreaming from How to Train Your Dragon 2
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We are a barn dance band and ceilidh band consisting of 2 musicians playing fiddle and melodeon, and the caller and we play for weddings, birthday parties, anniversaries and all manner of social events.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We're experienced musicians of many years standing and have been playing regularly together for over 20 years.
- How long do you play for?When you book us we're yours for the evening but most people book us for 3 to 4 hours
- We've never been to a barn dance before. What if we go wrong.Our caller will walk you through the dance before the music starts and he is always ready with any necessary prompts, once it has got going. People have remarked on his clarity, his patience and his light, amusing style which is aimed at making sure that the everyone can relax, have a laugh and a jolly good time. Sometimes dances do go awry but it's not a problem. It's just part of the fun, so don't worry if it happens to you.
- Do you provide a caller?Yes, the caller is an integral part of the band and we always bring him
- How long do you play for?If you book us we're yours for the whole evening and we'll play for as long as you like. Having said that, most of our bookings are for 3 to 4 hours
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We're happy to fit around your plans for the evening but will need a short break of 20 to 30 minutes midway through the performance if we're playing for longer than 2 hours.
- How much space do you require?We are a 3 piece band and fit tidily into small spaces
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have public liability and all our equipment is PAT tested
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA. We're a 3 piece band and our PA is compact so we can fit into small spaces.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Payment can be made by bank transfer, Paypal, Paymobile, cash or cheque.
The A2 Barn Dance Band has been around a while and that means we’ve had plenty of time to hone our skills and seek out the best and most danceable tunes and we’re always on the look out for more to ke...