Whether you're walking down the aisle, mingling with guests at a cocktail party or throwing some shapes on the dance floor, it's my job to create the perfect atmosphere for you. If you and your guests are smiling throughout the day they I've done what I set out to achieve - to entertain. As a musician it's important to me that I understand exactly what you're looking for. After performing for over ten years I've built up a large repertoire of music which allows me to cater for a wide range of clients and events. I can cover anything from 1940s music like Frank Sinatra and Sam Cooke through to 80's anthems from Prince and George Michael, all the way to the modern pop parade with artists like Ed Sheeran, Justin Bieber and Drake.
I can provide acoustic guitar and vocal music perfect for intimate settings like during the ceremony or at a drinks reception. Or alternatively I can bring a bigger more dynamic sound with my duo (added sax) and trio (added percussion).
For those putting on an event where you need acoustic music and party music I also offer a DJing service. A lot of people are asking me to play acoustically earlier on in the day, and then kick off the party by DJing to the end of the night. I've built up a large catalogue of songs and quick instincts to understand what sort of music to play to keep everyone on the dance floor - no matter your age of alcohol consumption.
So, whether you're looking to put on a small intimate wedding or fill out a venue with hundreds of corporate guests I can help bring your day to life.
Amber• Nov. 5, 2017
"My husband and I had a joint birthday tea dance last week at the Grimsdyke Hotel. Sheldon provided fabulous jazz and soft music on guitar and keyboard during the tea. After this he became our DJ and had everybody up and dancing for 2 hours! I have had so many wonderful comments from my friends and family all citing the great job Sheldon did.
I would not hesitate to have Sheldon supply the music for any parties or functions we have in the future.
Thank you Sheldon!"
Yevgeny• Oct. 14, 2017
"""Sheldon’s trio were superb, covering the songs we picked for our playlist as well as some well-chosen gems that captured the mood perfectly, all performed in their own unique funky style. Great soundtrack for our special day, highly recommended""."
Lyndon• Oct. 16, 2017
"Everyone said to us before the wedding ""make sure you have a good wedding band, because that will make or break the day'"" (no pressure at all!!), but you totally blew our expectations away. Song selection, instrumentals, and vocals were outstanding. We really wanted a wedding with a lot of dancing and you kept the dance floor packed all night. All our guests have been raving about you - we had friends who hadn't been on a dance floor for 15 years going for it! The transition from ceremony, to dinner band to full-on dance band and then DJ was seamless - awesome. Special thanks to Alex for the acoustic guitar and vocals in the ceremony and then the cover of ""The Wonder of You"" for our first dance - just perfect.
Thank you so much for being a part of our wedding! We really enjoyed having you there.
Chris and Sandra• Oct. 23, 2017
I was a bit worried about arranging music for our wedding but from the first phone call with Sheldon I knew it'd be fine. He was very relaxed and really helpful and it all worked out brilliantly at our reception - everything from the music during the meal to the first dance to a special request for us leaving was perfect and the fact that the dance floor was so popular was very much down to his and the band's energy, enthusiasm and talent! You never know if people will be up for dancing but as soon as he invited couples to join us after the first dance it was packed and stayed packed for the rest of the evening. He even arranged some up lighters for us which really transformed the dance floor and everyone had such a good time, both the guests and the band because you could tell they were enjoying playing as well. What a night, thank you Sheldon!
Chloe• Sept. 16, 2017
We saw Sheldon and his trio perform at two friends weddings and had such a great time, we knew we wanted to book him for our special day. Now, since having him perform at our own wedding we have experienced the joy of both sides, great fun on the dance floor as well as the ease of working with him to prepare for our day. He and his trio were, professional, dynamic to adapt to changes in the flow of the day, charismatic, and they looked sharp! We had a fabulous day! Thank you.
Andy• Aug. 26, 2017
"We chose DJ Shel for our wedding party after an exhaustive search on Google. We were looking for someone to create a really intimate party atmosphere with a wide range of music to cater for all age groups and had been encouraged by his website and Instagram posts. Following a couple of ‘get to know you’ phone calls, we decided that he was the DJ for us, so we went ahead and hired him. This turned out to be an excellent decision.
DJ Shel hit the nail on the head. He played all our requested music and we were delighted with the overall feel of the night. The party was very successful and we had a lot of compliments from our guests for how fabulous the whole wedding was including the party.
We would be very happy to recommend DJ Shel to anyone."
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:I'm both a DJ and a singing guitarist providing additional musicians including sax and percussion
- What are the highlights of your career?I've performed at some amazing events over the years including the birthday of Bet Fred, West End Live, providing guitar for the headlining act at Ronnie Scott's and much more.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?I can provide your acoustic music for the ceremony, reception and dinner and also DJ your whole party. So you don't need to pay for an additional DJ.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?I largely perform at weddings, but also birthday parties, corporate events and then some more unusual events including funerals/wakes.
- Who are your previous clients?I have performed for lots of happy couples over the years but also some corporate clients including law firms, stock brokers and once for the president of Kazakhstan.
- How can event planners pay for your services?You can pay via the site or directly into my account.
- How long do you play for?You can book me for a max of 3 x 45 minutes as a solo guitarist. For an additional fee I can DJ for an extra 3 hours on top of that. If you just require my DJing services I provide up to 4 hours of part music.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have a fully functioning PA system with radio mic should you want to use this for speeches or making announcements.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Around 8ft x 8ft
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes I can perform this for you.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?After each set I usually require a 15 - 30 minute break. so for 3 x 45 minute sets there would be 3 breaks. For my DJing sets I usually don't take a break during a 4 hour set.
- What style of music do you offer?Acoustically it ranges from artists like Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith to Prince, Van Morrison, George Michael etc As a DJ I can cater for quite a range of styles from disco, rock, 80s, 90s, modern, drum and bass, afro beats, R&B, garage and more.
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?Yes. I offer free of charge up to 3 song requests in my set. After that there is an additional charge per song.
- Do you do open-air acts?Sure. If you have adequate cover and power I'll be there.
Lovely Day – Bill Withers
Let’s get it on – Marvin Gaye
Let’s stay together – Al Green
Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
Stuck in the Middle – Stealers wheels
Ain’t no sunshine – Bill Withers
No Woman no cry – Bob Marley
Faith – George Michael
Purple Rain - Prince
The way you make me feel – Michael Jackson
Save Tonight – Eagle Eye Cherry
Dancing in the Moonlight – Top Loader
Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
Everything – Michael Buble
I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
Marry You – Bruno Mars
Ho Hey – The Lumineers
Marry Me - Train
Stay with me – Sam Smith