Whether you're walking down the aisle, mingling with guests at a cocktail party or throwing some shapes on the dance floor, it's my job to create the perfect atmosphere for you. If you and your guests are smiling throughout the day they I've done what I set out to achieve - to entertain. As a musician it's important to me that I understand exactly what you're looking for. After performing for over ten years I've built up a large repertoire of music which allows me to cater for a wide range of clients and events. I can cover anything from 1940s music like Frank Sinatra and Sam Cooke through to 80's anthems from Prince and George Michael, all the way to the modern pop parade with artists like Ed Sheeran, Justin Bieber and Drake.
I can provide acoustic guitar and vocal music perfect for intimate settings like during the ceremony or at a drinks reception. Or alternatively I can bring a bigger more dynamic sound with my duo (added sax) and trio (added percussion).
For those putting on an ...
Larna• 29 Jul 2017
"Sheldon performed 3 45 minute sets at our wedding, our first dance and then was our DJ for the rest of the evening. From our first conversation, Sheldon was fantastic. He even learnt a song from a YouTube video for our first dance and it was perfect! All our guests have commented how good he was. The choice of songs was perfect and he had everyone dancing until the end of the night. Highly recommend!
Thank you again for everything. You helped make our day perfect and so special!"
Barbara• 5 May 2019
From the moment we contacted Sheldon we knew he was the right person to help us celebrate our wedding and provide us with his on unique take on the songs we had chosen for the day. He played at the ceremony and worked with us before hand to personalise the songs. He ran our disco, was a fantastic singer and took charge of the whole entertainment side of our wedding. Sheldon is professional experienced and hugely talented. The day would not have gone so smoothly without him there we highly re...
Chloe• 16 Sep 2017
We saw Sheldon and his trio perform at two friends weddings and had such a great time, we knew we wanted to book him for our special day. Now, since having him perform at our own wedding we have experienced the joy of both sides, great fun on the dance floor as well as the ease of working with him to prepare for our day. He and his trio were, professional, dynamic to adapt to changes in the flow of the day, charismatic, and they looked sharp! We had a fabulous day! Thank you.
Lyndon• 16 Oct 2017
"Everyone said to us before the wedding ""make sure you have a good wedding band, because that will make or break the day'"" (no pressure at all!!), but you totally blew our expectations away. Song selection, instrumentals, and vocals were outstanding. We really wanted a wedding with a lot of dancing and you kept the dance floor packed all night. All our guests have been raving about you - we had friends who hadn't been on a dance floor for 15 years going for it! The transition from ceremony, to...
Chris and Sandra• 23 Oct 2017
I was a bit worried about arranging music for our wedding but from the first phone call with Sheldon I knew it'd be fine. He was very relaxed and really helpful and it all worked out brilliantly at our reception - everything from the music during the meal to the first dance to a special request for us leaving was perfect and the fact that the dance floor was so popular was very much down to his and the band's energy, enthusiasm and talent! You never know if people will be up for dancing but as s...
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:I'm both a DJ and a singing guitarist providing additional musicians including sax and percussion
- What are the highlights of your career?I've performed at some amazing events over the years including the birthday of Bet Fred, West End Live, providing guitar for the headlining act at Ronnie Scott's and much more.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?I can provide your acoustic music for the ceremony, reception and dinner and also DJ your whole party. So you don't need to pay for an additional DJ.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?I largely perform at weddings, but also birthday parties, corporate events and then some more unusual events including funerals/wakes.
- Who are your previous clients?I have performed for lots of happy couples over the years but also some corporate clients including law firms, stock brokers and once for the president of Kazakhstan.
- How can event planners pay for your services?You can pay via the site or directly into my account.
- How long do you play for?You can book me for a max of 3 x 45 minutes as a solo guitarist. For an additional fee I can DJ for an extra 3 hours on top of that. If you just require my DJing services I provide up to 4 hours of part music.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have a fully functioning PA system with radio mic should you want to use this for speeches or making announcements.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Around 8ft x 8ft
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes I can perform this for you.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?After each set I usually require a 15 - 30 minute break. so for 3 x 45 minute sets there would be 3 breaks. For my DJing sets I usually don't take a break during a 4 hour set.
- What style of music do you offer?Acoustically it ranges from artists like Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith to Prince, Van Morrison, George Michael etc As a DJ I can cater for quite a range of styles from disco, rock, 80s, 90s, modern, drum and bass, afro beats, R&B, garage and more.
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?Yes. I offer free of charge up to 3 song requests in my set. After that there is an additional charge per song.
- Do you do open-air acts?Sure. If you have adequate cover and power I'll be there.
Lovely Day – Bill Withers
Let’s get it on – Marvin Gaye
Let’s stay together – Al Green
Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
Stuck in the Middle – Stealers wheels
Ain’t no sunshine – Bill Withers