4tissimo String Quartet
Award winning 4tissimo String Quartet are one of the South West's foremost and sought after professional string quartets. They are the current winners of the South West Wedding Awards Live Music section. Based in Devon, 4tissimo regularly plays in Devon and Cornwall and throughout the South West from Gloucestershire to the Isles of Scilly. We also regularly cover Hampshire and Surrey. If required we are happy to travel to other parts of the country. 4tissimo provides high quality music for weddings, civil partnership ceremonies, office parties, corporate events,garden parties, funerals, parties, military functions, anniversary parties and Christmas events.
Bridging the gap between classical music and pop with our exciting and innovative arrangements, 4tissimo String Quartet has a massive repertoire including classical, classic and contemporary pop and rock, easy listening, jazz and traditional.Take a look at our extensive repertoire list, perfect for weddings, parties and all other special functions.
The quartet has one of the largest playlists of popular music in the South with over 400 classic and contemporary pop songs in the repertoire. New titles added regularly.
Our aim is to provide music to your taste, personalised for your event, intertwining rock and pop hits with classical sophistication. You may choose all pop, all classical or a mixture of music including movies and Easy Listening and Jazz, too. The choice is yours!
Lucy Beasley• Feb. 3, 2017
My wife and I had 4tissimo play for our wedding reception at St. Elizabeth's House back in September last year (2016). They were absolutely fantastic! They catered for our every request, and on the day they were not only professionally turned out but their set was played faultlessly and everyone commented, and still does, how good they were and how surprising (in a good way) their repertoire was! Cannot recommend 4tissimo highly enough!
Marija Veksina• June 4, 2017
4tissimo played at our ceremony and wedding breakfast and I can't praise and recommend them enough! Not just wonderful professional musicians, but also very lovely people, who made our wedding day extra special! We spoke to Kim over the phone before the wedding, she made sure that we have discussed everything, gave me few advices, and on the day absolutely everything ran smoothly and to the plan!! I can highly recommended 4tissimo to everyone looking for a bespoke musical accompaniment for the most classy events! Sophistication and amusement are guaranteed!
Laura Huckvale• Sept. 2, 2017
"Thank you so much for performing at our wedding. You were absolutely brilliant! The music was so memorable and the touch you brought to the wedding was unique. I don't think anyone will ever forget when ""Concerning Hobbits' was played. You all looked and performed absolutely amazingly! Thank you so much and we will recommend you highly to anyone who needs that extra touch at their wedding!
Mr and Mrs Bryant- Mount Edgecumbe, Cornwall"
Nicky Shilling• July 29, 2017
"Just a quick note to say how wonderful it was to have you play at our wedding last weekend. It made the ceremony so special and loads of people have said how lovely the music was. Thank you so very much.
Polhawn Fort July 2017
Mr and Mrs Shilling"
Lucy Moore• April 9, 2017
"Dear 4tissimo Musicians
We would like to say thank you very much for being part of our wedding day at Tregenna Castle on Sunday 9th April 2017.
Myself, Adam and our guests were delighted with the range of music you provided during our special day. Everything ran so smoothly thanks to your excellent service and efforts. I have expressed these high opinions in the Simply Wedding Awards too.
Good luck 4tissimo!
Lucy and Adam"
Devon Air Ambulance- Peggie Clarke• Sept. 10, 2017
"Devon Air Ambulance
4tissimo String Quartet are such a pleasure to listen to with an extensive playlist. We were so delighted to have them come along to perform at Devon Air Ambulance's 25th anniversary private party. Would highly recommend for any event or occasion. Could have listened to them play all day!"
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Professional and fun string quartet
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing for Peter Andre’s second wedding and being filmed for the one show for the Fawlty Towers anniversary.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We have a massive repertoire and specialise in pop, rock, movies //shows as well as playing Eady Listening and Jazz and Classical. We do our own musical arrangements and can do bespoke arrangements of a special song for clients if we don’t have it already. We have won multiple wedding awards
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, parties, funerals, corporate events
- Who are your previous clients?Peter Andre, BBC, Heart Radio, The Eden Project,, Devon Air Ambulance Trust, Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust,The Landmark Trust,The Rotary Club, Dominos Pizza, Western Morning News, St Austell Brewery, and MANY more
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank transfer
- How long do you play for?Up to 3 hours usually. It can be longer if required
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes we have both. Our PLI is for £10,000,000
- How much space do you require?3m x 2 m minimum
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Very probably but it costs £30 for us to do a bespoke arrangement
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We don’t take breaks other than a quick loo stop
The quartet has a large and varied repertoire and specialises in more modern popular pieces with the largest repertoire of classic and contemporary popular songs in Devon, Cornwall and the South West. Rock and Pop is our specialism.
See the sub menus for each genre listed separately for ease of viewing.
We also offer classical, easy listening, jazz, show and film tunes. The choice is yours but most people like to mix and match.
This list is by no means exhaustive but shows our most requested tunes.New songs are added monthly the quartet has an in-house arranger and we will consider requests.
If you are choosing music for your ceremony you may find our list of suitable ceremony music useful. However, it is worth noting that if you are having a civil ceremony you are not allowed any music with a religious connection. You are not restricted to choosing classical music for your ceremony. Many couples choose a favourite song for the signing of the register.
Do ask if there is something you would particularly like, even if it isn't on our list. Our aim is to make your day extra special and we try to arrange special songs for you, wherever possible.