As a 5 x piece band The Wee Bag Band's raison d'être is to bring mad, bad, trad, popular and contemporary diddly, diddly Irish / Celtic with a hint of Country and Blue Grass music and song to the masses at pubs, clubs, doos 'n festivals in Merseyeside, UK, infinity & beyond......
We must be hitting the notes in the right order as to date our music has take us to many parts of the world including the UK, France, Switzerland, Spain, Germany, USA, Cuba, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Honduras and even northern Greenland. (it was -32° there...!!!)
Looking for a Ceilidh...??? Then Alan our bodhran player is also a dance caller
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We are a 5 x piece very up beat Irish / Celtic music band that can also provide a Ceilidh
- What are the highlights of your career?We have been most fortunate to have been invited to play throughout Europe, the USA, Caribbean, Central America and even Greenland.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?While we are professional in our playing and ensuring everybody has a good time we also actively encourage audience participation either with the songs that we play, walking through ceilidh dances as wanted or will busk to any guests brave enough to get behind the mic. As you can see we do not take ourselves too seriously.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?beer festivals, music festivals, weddings, corporate events, anything with the word doo in it etc.
- Who are your previous clients?Liverpool Irish Festival, Acoustic Festival of Great Britain, Railfest, Festival of the Celts, Liverpool Tall Ships Festival. Many ski resorts in Europe and the US Armed Forces.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Sure
- How long do you play for?1 hour in the first set the 1.5 to 2 hours or more in the 2nd
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA but not lighting
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, always
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?As we are always looking to add to our set list and so long as it fits with our style of music then yes given enough notice.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Typically 1 break for 20/30 mins. We put our or your background music off a smart phone on during that time
- Can you do a CeilidhWhile we are primarily an Irish / Celtic music band both Alan our bodhran player and Paul our guitar player are both dance callers. In this scenario we mix the songs and tunes we play with a number of called dances. With our style we make a point of mixing up the dancers so that the couples don't know who they are dancing with which is a brilliant ice breaker.
We have over 4 hours of material covering all aspects of Irish music from the trad (think tunes such as reels, jigs, hornpipes etc.) popular (think Whiskey in the Jar, Irish Rover, Dirty old Town etc....