Wayne on Sax
Wayne is a session / freestyle sax player based in the north-east of England. Whether it’s smooth jazz, soul or funky house, he is equally at home playing for a drinks reception or a lively club night. He is one of the top choices for weddings and events across the country.
Wayne began his musical journey at an early age. He was classically trained, but now has more than 15 years’ experience working across genres, whether it’s jazz, pop or music theatre. He has played all over the world to great acclaim, at private parties for celebrities as well as corporate events for clients like the BBC, BMW and GlaxoSmithKline.
As well as the saxophone, Wayne has extensive experience playing flute and clarinet for national and international commercial stage productions.
His energy and talent are complemented by a polished, suave demeanour that’s guaranteed to give your event an elite, professional touch. A one-of-a-kind musician, Wayne is a dynamic addition to any event.
Tim Poolan• 20 Jul 2019
Wayne was brilliant! He was so supportive and couldn’t have been more friendly. On the night he was fantastic and had everyone up dancing, regardless of age. What a musician!
Adam Barrass• 1 Sep 2018
Wayne is amazing on Sax, he played at our wedding and was just perfect fully recommend Wayne and his Sax to anyone
Alex Marshall• 14 Dec 2017
We simply can’t thank you enough Wayne for entertaining our guests yesterday and joining us on our perfect first dance. You are an absolute gent and everyone loved you. Thanks again xxx
Charles Evans• 23 Sep 2018
Wayne played at our wedding in Tuscany, we had nothing but amazing comments about him from our guests. I would go so far as to say that he was one of the easiest suppliers we had for our Wedding nothing was too much trouble. From playing my beautiful bride down the aisle to playing alongside our DJ he was quite simply amazing! 100% recommend!
Kayla• 22 May 2018
"Wayne performed 3 sets at our wedding and honestly cannot say how much he made our day!!!
He turned up, looking dapper, for the occasion!
All three sets were very different - all as good as each other.
Would recommend Wayne any day of the week! Absolute class act!"
- How long do you play for?This all depends on how long the client would like, usually 2 x 45 minutes or 3 x 30 minute sets
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Waynecan provide her own PA system (PAT tested) which is suitable for small to medium sized venues. He only needs one power socket!
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?I have PLI and PAT tested equipment
- Can I choose the songs Wayne plays for my wedding?Absolutely. Wayne can adapt his performance to suit your needs! Wayne offers over 150 songs in his set list. You can pick out the songs you want to hear from his list of songs and request any songs that are special to you for him to learn. After all…. it’s your special day!
- We have seen sax players in clubs in Ibiza. Can you do that?Absolutely, Wayne regularly works abroad with some of the worlds top DJs. Wayne has played for some of the biggest names in the house music industry and can bring that feel to your event.
Wayne plays a huge range of music from Jazz & Classical to Folk & House and can cater his performance to suit your needs, including learning your favourite songs! His songlist includes:
Jazz / Stan...