Viva Acappella is a women's a cappella chorus based in Bexleyheath, Kent.
The chorus repertoire is wide-ranging; from Adele to Frank Sinatra, spirituals to barbershop harmony...we are vibrant performers with a smile.
The chorus has won multiple local, national and international awards from Top Choir of Kent to bronze medals in the European Barbershop Contest.
Viva is a member chapter of the international organisation, Sweet Adelines International, and in May 2018 won a silver and gold medal at the UK & The Netherlands regional contest, with a score qualifying them for the international contest this September in New Orleans.
You can hire a quartet, octet, small ensemble or the whole chorus, depending on your event's needs.
Paul• Dec. 15, 2019
This group absolutely made our day, beyond expectations and where truly the icing on the cake for our pre Christmas family get together. The fact that the ladies were all so passionate about singing and the constant smiles through made it even more enjoyable!!
Nicola Stacey• Nov. 16, 2019
Viva Acapella could not have been more helpful, from selecting songs to coordinating with dress code. So professional. A brilliant performance which made our party a really special occasion. Thank you so much, ladies.
Services From Viva Acappella
Full Chorus, Four Part Harmony Acappella - 2 x 30 Minutes
Small Acappella Group - 2 x 30 Minutes
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We have done whole concert sets, flash mob proposals, business awards entertainment, busked in the street, entertainment at gala dinners, etc. We are open to trying anything new we haven't been part of before!
- Who are your previous clients?KEiBA, private parties, Save the Children
- How long do you play for?What do you need? We're happy to work around you! We can do a whole concert set, or a couple of songs.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No. We do not need this normally unless it is outdoors and loud or it is a song with a soloist.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes to PLI (PAT is n/a)
- How much space do you require?Depends on the ensemble you hire - a quartet of just four singers can tuck in a corner anywhere, our whole choir needs space for about 45 + conductor, preferably on some sort of staggered steps/staging but that is not obligatory
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We can often source an existing arrangement, or have a song custom arranged for you if it is not on our list of standard repertoire (this may incur an extra cost, depending on where we source the music).
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We would normally not recommend our singers to do more than 30-45 minutes in any one set, before taking a break. The maximum amount of constant singing we could realistically do is about 2 hours - but we don't often have 2 hours of repertoire at a time, so bear in mind this much singing is usually more appropriate for entertainment for passers-by, where it won't matter if we sing the same songs more than once. If doing a whole concert set, we can also fill a small amount of time introducing the chorus, our background, the songs, or anything else you would like us to speak about. We may also be able to fill more time with featured quartets in addition to the chorus. Just ask.
We are a community choir - therefore, most of our singers work full-time jobs and we are unable to accept most daytime weekday bookings. However, we are more than happy to give up extra weekday evenings and weekends for singing!
We prefer at least 6 weeks' notice in order to garner enough available singers for your event, though we may sometimes be able to offer a quartet at shorter notice. Do get in touch whatever your requirements and we'll do our best to accommodate you.
Our repertoire is expanding all the time, as we learn more and more new songs for different events. If what you'd like us to sing is not on this list, there is also the possibility to source an existing or bespoke arrangement, so please still get in touch.
Amazing Grace (Spiritual)
Cruella de Vil (101 Dalmations)
Don't Wanna Miss a Thing (Aerosmith ballad from Armageddon)
Feed the Birds (Mary Poppins)
Feeling Good (Michael Bublé)
Happy Together (The Turtles)
He's a Tramp (Lady & the Tramp)
In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning (Frank Sinatra)
Lazy Day (Spanky and Our Gang)
Let Me Entertain You (Robbie Williams)
Love Letters Straight From Your Heart (Elton John)
Love of My Life (Queen)
Rule the World (Take That)
Shangri-La (The Lettermen)
Skyfall (Adele from 007)
Stray Cat Strut (Pink Panther Song)
Sweet Dreams (Eurythmics)
The Climb (Miley Cyrus from Hannah Montana)
The Night Has a Thousand Eyes (Bobby Vee)
The Trolley Song (Judy Garland from Meet Me in St Louis)
Tonight Tonight (West Side Story)
What Kind of Fool Am I (Clay Aiken)
When You Wish Upon a Star (Pinocchio)
You Are the Sunshine of My Life (Stevie Wonder)
Carol of the Bells
Hark the Herald Angel Sings
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
Jazzy Jingle Bells
Jingle Bell Rock
Merry Christmas Darling
Walking in a Winter Wonderland
White Winter Hymnal (Pentatonix)