Viva Acappella is a women's a cappella chorus based in Bexleyheath, Kent.
The chorus repertoire is wide-ranging; from Adele to Frank Sinatra, spirituals to barbershop harmony...we are vibrant performers with a smile.
The chorus has won multiple local, national and international awards from Top Choir of Kent to bronze medals in the European Barbershop Contest.
Viva is a member chapter of the international organisation, Sweet Adelines International, and in May 2018 won a silver and gold medal at the UK & The Netherlands regional contest, with a score qualifying them for the international contest this September in New Orleans.
You can hire a quartet, octet, small ensemble or the whole chorus, depending on your event's needs.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We would normally not recommend our singers to do more than 30-45 minutes in any one set, before taking a break. The maximum amount of constant singing we could realistically do is about 2 hours - but we don't often have 2 hours of repertoire at a time, so bear in mind this much singing is usually more appropriate for entertainment for passers-by, where it won't matter if we sing the same songs more than once. If doing a whole concert set, we can also fill a small amount of time introducing the chorus, our background, the songs, or anything else you would like us to speak about. We may also be able to fill more time with featured quartets in addition to the chorus. Just ask.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No. We do not need this normally unless it is outdoors and loud or it is a song with a soloist.
- Who are your previous clients?KEiBA, private parties, Save the Children
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We can often source an existing arrangement, or have a song custom arranged for you if it is not on our list of standard repertoire (this may incur an extra cost, depending on where we source the music).
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We have done whole concert sets, flash mob proposals, business awards entertainment, busked in the street, entertainment at gala dinners, etc. We are open to trying anything new we haven't been part of before!
- How much space do you require?Depends on the ensemble you hire - a quartet of just four singers can tuck in a corner anywhere, our whole choir needs space for about 45 + conductor, preferably on some sort of staggered steps/staging but that is not obligatory
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes to PLI (PAT is n/a)
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No
- How long do you play for?What do you need? We're happy to work around you! We can do a whole concert set, or a couple of songs.
We are a community choir - therefore, most of our singers work full-time jobs and we are unable to accept most daytime weekday bookings. However, we are more than happy to give up extra weekday eveni...