Folk quartet Trouble at t'Mill have been playing private and public gigs since the band's formation in August 2015. The band is fully-equipped with a 1000W PA rig - plenty loud enough to fill a medium-large venue.
"We have an extensive catalogue of music, fit for any occasion or venue, ranging from rousing drinking songs, reels and jigs to slow airs and melancholy folk songs. Our arrangements are fun and fluid and filled with energy and we are available to provide live music for corporate and private functions, pubs, bars, restaurants and festivals.."
Services From Trouble at t'Mill
Folk Duet (Guitarist/Vocalist with Multi-Instrumentalist/Vocalist)
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Contemporary five-piece folk band specialising in modern settings of traditional Irish and Scottish folk songs and tunes.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We're a lively bunch and REALLY good at organising sing alongs...
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Pubs, bars, charity events, community events.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank Transfer (50% must be paid up front), PayPal (50% must be paid up front), cash.
- How long do you play for?Usually, an hour and a half. We are, however, available to play longer or shorter sets as required.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes. We have our own 1000W PA system.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We do not carry our own Public Liability insurance. Our equipment is not currently PAT tested. We are in the process of arranging PL and getting our equipment PAT tested.
- How much space do you require?We need enough space to set up our equipment and play comfortably. Usually around 6 feet by 4 feet will be fine.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Is it folk? Then YES! If not, we'll think about it...
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?One break. Usually around 20 to 30 minutes.
Example set list:
1. Clare Jig set
2. Frogs Singing
3. Fisher’s Hornpipe / St. Anne’s Reel
4. Banish Misfortune / Trip to Killarney
5. Black Velvet Band
6. The Butterfly / The Kid on the Mountain
7. Jolly Beggarman
8. Whiskey in the Jar
9. Tam Lin / Mt. Road
10. Hello, Mary Lou
11. Kansas City / Whiskey before Breakfast
12. Dirty Old Town
13. Out on the ocean
14. The Lakes of Pontchartrain
15. Jenny Dang / The Maid behind the Bar
16. Valse des Poeles
18. Waiting for Janet / Taking the Tent down
19. Take it Easy
20. Gravel Walk
21. Wild Rover
22. The Kesh / Humours of Glendart
23. Rambling Rover
24. Wrecked Again
25. Sailor’s Bonnet / The Wheels of the World
26. Leaving of Liverpool