Services From Tomas Ferreira
The classical guitar provides a wonderful air of sophistication to any event, and Tomas does not disappoint with his acute precision and mastering of the instrument.
Played with care and attention to detail, Tomas provides alluring and enchanting renditions of popular and classical pieces, perfect for wedding receptions, church ceremonies, corporate events , Valentine’s Day events and many more.
An award winning performer with vast amounts of experience honing his craft at venues across the UK, Tomas's outstanding versatility on his instrument sees him offer a range of diverse genres from across the decades - you'll see beautiful re-imagined versions of songs from artists such as the Beatles, Oasis and Eric Clapton right up to Beyoncé and Adele in addition to big classical guitar numbers, jazz standards and music from Latin america.
If you're looking to hire a solo guitarist for your event, please get in touch.
Ioana Hyde• Aug. 13, 2022
I cannot recommend Tomas more highly! He is an absolute professional who made contact with me well ahead of the event to collect all the relevant information including event schedule and music preferences, and ensure all arrangements are in place. On the day, Tomas was superb! Not only is he a wonderfully talented musician who was greatly appreciated by guests (indeed, several commented that they want to hire Tomas for events in the future!), but he was reliable, punctual, and was kind enough to even play a bit longer when our DJ ran late (thank you again, the DJ did turn up eventually). Our wedding celebration was greatly enhanced by having Tomas there and I would have no hesitation in recommending him to all my family and friends.
Lee Hopkins• July 9, 2022
We hosted an outdoor, pre-wedding welcome party at a restaurant in Cambridge, England. We met Tomas Ferreira via Pop-Top as we live in Denver, Colorado. We found Tomas very easy to work with and extremely professional. He communicated with the restaurant to firm up logistics and arrived promptly with all the necessary gear. He reached out to us well in advance of our function to work with us on song selection and even enquired about how he should dress. His playing was a wonderful addition to our event. We would highly recommend his services to anyone.
We did struggle a bit with the poptop website, I believe, in part because we are in the states, but Tomas helped us through those challenges along with their support team.
Lee and Leslie Hopkins, Denver, Colorado
Hannah Forster• June 11, 2022
Thank you Tomas for putting on a wonderful performance for our guests! Your music was the perfect backdrop for our reception. Hope we meet again! Hannah and Jan
Sarah Hines• Oct. 18, 2019
Tomas contacted me very promptly and introduced himself. Closer to the day, Tomas sent me his playlist but kindly played 2 songs that weren’t on there. One he knew and one he kindly learnt for us.
On the day, Tomas played beautifully for both the ceremony and drinks reception.
Tomas kept me well informed leading up to the day so that we were both clear about what should happen.
I would gladly recommend anyone who would like and enjoys guitar music at its best!
Sarah & Lee
Graham Smith• March 26, 2019
Thomas could not be faulted. His musical abilities were superb and all my guests commented on his performance and choice of music. He is also a charming character and I have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone who wants a very professional artist for a special occasion.
Claire Morrell• July 24, 2021
On a sunny day in July my daughter and her partner had the wedding of their dreams in the garden of our family home. The day was made even more magical by the sublime music, played with unobtrusive charm by Tomas. His guitar playing was wonderful. As one guest said, “I didn’t even get to the entry of the bride, I started crying for the beauty of the music!” We will always be grateful that he was a part of our day and he will probably never know what an important part he played.
How long do you play for?
A typical performance is two forty-five minute set lists. The longest I will play for on a gig is three forty-five minute sets. The shortest is one forty-five minute or just a wedding ceremony by itself.
Do you have your own PA and lighting?
I have my own PA but not lighting.
Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?
Yes and yes.
How much space do you require?
I require a space of a minimum two by two meters in size. I also need to be within ten meters of a plug socket or else you will need to provide some extra extension leads.
My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?
Provided it can be suitably arranged for solo guitar, then yes! If you give me more than a month's notice, there is an additional fee of £15 per tune for me to learn it, and with less than a month, it's £30. Please note that it's very unlikely I will do requests on the day if they haven't been agreed upon beforehand.
How many breaks do you take? How long are they?
I take a break after every forty-five minute set. A break will not last longer than fifteen minutes.
Traditional Wedding Music
• Bridal Chorus - Wagner
• The Prince of Denmark - Clarke
• Amazing Grace- Newton
• Wedding March = Mendelssohn
• Trumpet Tune - Purcell
• Canon in D - Pachelbel
• The Arrival Of The Queen Of Sheba - Handel
• Jesus, Joy of Man’s Desiring - Bach
• La Cavatina – Theme from Deer Hunter
• Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven
• Classical Gas - Williams
• Clair de Lune - Debussy
• Rodrigo: Concerto D’Aranjuez (2nd movement) – J Rodrigo
• Gymnopédie No. 1 – Satie
• Gnossienne no.1 - Satie
• From a Foreign Land – Schumann
• Green and Golden – R Towner
• Ode to Joy
• Blue Danube
Spanish/Latin American/World Music
• Cadiz, Granada, Asturias (Suite Española)- Albeniz
• Aquarela de Brasil – Barroso
• A Felicidade - Jobim
• Bulérias Flamenco Solo
• Canarios – Gasper Sanz
• Chega de Saudade - Jobim
• Cuiden Su Vida
• Bolero – Cataluyud
• Danza Guarani – Barrios
• Suite Venezolano No. 2 - Lauro
• Spanish Romance
• Kal Ho Naa Ho
• Koi Ladki Hai
• Lagrima - Tarrega
• The Mission - Morricone
• Tico Tico no Fuba
• Samba Do Aviao - Jobim
• Soleares - Turina
• Suite Brésilienne – Villa-Lobos
• Suraj Hua Maddham
• Valsa Primavera – Barrios
Popular Music Arrangements
• All You Need is Love - The Beatles
• Angels - Robbie Williams
• Auld Lang Syne – Traditional
• Careless Whisper – George Michael
• Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
• Don't Worry Baby - The Beach Boys
• Don’t want to miss a thing - Aerosmith
• Don’t Know Why - Norah Jones
• Evergreen - Barbara Streisand
• Hallelujah – Leonard Cohen
• Happy - Pharrell Williams
• Have I Told You Lately - Van Morrison
• Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles
• Here, There and Everywhere - The Beatles
• Isn’t she lovely – Stevie Wonder
• Make you feel my love – Bob Dylan
• My Heart Will Go On (Theme from “Titanic”)
• No Matter What - Boyzone
• Perhaps Love - John Denver
• She Loves You - The Beatles
• Someone Like You - Adele
• The Godfather Theme
• Wonderwall - Oasis
• Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
• Valerie – Amy Winehouse
• You are not alone – Michael Jackson
• Yesterday - The Beatles
Show Tune/Jazz Standards
• Ain’t Misbehavin’ – Fats Waller
• All Of Me – John Legend
• All the Things You Are – Jerome Kern
• Days of Wine and Roses – Henry Mancini
• Der Dritte Mann, Harry Lime Theme
• Don’t Get Around Much Anymore – Duke Ellington
• Fly me to the Moon – Bart Howard
• Georgia on my Mind – Hoagy Carmichael
• Girl From Ipanema – T Jobim
• Godfather theme
• I dreamed a dream – Claude-Michel Schöenberg
• Londonderry Air -
• My Favourite Things – Richard Rodgers
• My Romance – Richard Rodgers
• Our Love is Here to Stay – George Gershwin
• Scarborough Fair – Simon & Garfunkel
• Someday my prince will come – Frank Churchill
• Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Harold Arlen
• Summertime – George Gershwin
• The Way You Look Tonight – Jerome Kern
• Triste – T. Jobim
• Zorba The Greek Theme