The classical guitar provides a wonderful air of sophistication to any event, and Tomas does not disappoint with his acute precision and mastering of the instrument.
Played with care and attention to detail, Tomas provides alluring and enchanting renditions of popular and classical pieces, perfect for wedding receptions, church ceremonies, corporate events , Valentine’s Day events and many more.
An award winning performer with vast amounts of experience honing his craft at venues across the UK, Tomas's outstanding versatility on his instrument sees him offer a range of diverse genres from across the decades - you'll see beautiful re-imagined versions of songs from artists such as the Beatles, Oasis and Eric Clapton right up to Beyoncé and Adele in addition to big classical guitar numbers, jazz standards and music from Latin america.
If you're looking to hire a solo guitarist for your event, please get in touch.
Sarah Hines• Oct. 18, 2019
Tomas contacted me very promptly and introduced himself. Closer to the day, Tomas sent me his playlist but kindly played 2 songs that weren’t on there. One he knew and one he kindly learnt for us.
On the day, Tomas played beautifully for both the ceremony and drinks reception.
Tomas kept me well informed leading up to the day so that we were both clear about what should happen.
I would gladly recommend anyone who would like and enjoys guitar music at its best!
Sarah & Lee
Graham Smith• March 26, 2019
Thomas could not be faulted. His musical abilities were superb and all my guests commented on his performance and choice of music. He is also a charming character and I have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone who wants a very professional artist for a special occasion.
Juliana Jaramillo• June 23, 2018
"I thought you were brilliant - thank you so much for being part of our day. I was a bit overwhelmed in the ceremony, but I did make a point of listening to the music and it sounded lovely. I also asked many of the guests and they thought your playing was beautiful.
Not only was your music lovely, but you were really pleasant to work with, and really worked to customize our set list."
Ella Boobyer• Nov. 25, 2017
"Thank you so much for yesterday. You really made such an impact and the comments from all the guests about your music were lovely.
Karel De Pauw• July 1, 2017
We would like to express our wholehearted thanks to you for providing the perfect musical backdrop to our wedding reception. Many of the guests commented on how much they enjoyed your performance. We were impressed with your professionalism and flexibility in helping us to choose the repertoire. We hope you enjoyed the day as much as we did.
Emily Udeh• April 8, 2017
We had Tomas play at our wedding in April 2017. He was very helpful in suggesting songs, as well as being willing to learn specific pieces which we had requested. We and our guests really enjoyed the performance, which was of a very high standard. We were also grateful for his flexibility when the timings of the performance were different from expected. We would highly recommend Tomas to anyone looking for a musical performance at their event
Services From Tomas Ferreira
x2 45 minutes Solo Guitar Music
30 minutes Solo Guitar Music
Solo Guitar for Wedding Ceremony
1 hour Solo Guitar Music
Solo guitar for Wedding Ceremony Music + x2 45 minutes of Reception Music + Evening Dinner Music
Solo Guitar for Wedding Ceremony Music + x2 45 minutes of Reception Music
45 Minutes Online Guitar Lesson
x3 45 minutes Solo Guitar Music
60 Minutes Online Guitar Lesson
30 Minutes Online Guitar Lesson
How long do you play for?
A typical performance is two forty-five minute set lists, with a break of around ten to fifteen minutes in between these. The longest I will play for on a gig is three forty-five minute sets.
Do you have your own PA and lighting?
I have my own PA but not lighting.
Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?
Yes and yes. I am member of the Musician's Union who cover me for £10m and also I keep all my electrical equipment in a sound working order.
How much space do you require?
I require a space of a minimum two by two meters in size. I also need to be within ten meters of a plug socket or else you will need to provide some extra extension leads.
My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?
Provided it can be suitably arranged for solo guitar, then yes! If you give me more than a month's notice, there is an additional fee of £15 per tune for me to learn it, and with less than a month, it's £30. Please note that it's very unlikely I will do requests on the day if they haven't been agreed upon beforehand.
How many breaks do you take? How long are they?
I take a break after every forty-five minute set. A break will not last longer than fifteen minutes.
Do you sing?
Very much not!
Can you play outdoors?
Yes, but weather permitting and only if the infrastructure is in place that I can power my PA system so that my guitar is audible.
Will a solo guitar be loud enough?
Yes it will, as I use a microphone and a PA speaker to project the sound and I have a great deal of control from a digital perspective on how to get the best sound for the best venue.
Do you play to backing track?
No, all performances are always fully live.
Do I, the client, need to provide anything for you?
I require either a chair without arms or a stool to sit on. I also require a safe area to park and place to store my instrument case and valuables whilst I am performing.
Traditional Wedding Music
• Bridal Chorus - Wagner
• The Prince of Denmark - Clarke
• Amazing Grace- Newton
• Wedding March = Mendelssohn
• Trumpet Tune - Purcell
• Canon in D - Pachelbel
• The Arrival Of The Queen Of Sheba - Handel
• Jesus, Joy of Man’s Desiring - Bach
• La Cavatina – Theme from Deer Hunter
• Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven
• Classical Gas - Williams
• Clair de Lune - Debussy
• Rodrigo: Concerto D’Aranjuez (2nd movement) – J Rodrigo
• Gymnopédie No. 1 – Satie
• Gnossienne no.1 - Satie
• From a Foreign Land – Schumann
• Green and Golden – R Towner
• Ode to Joy
• Blue Danube
Spanish/Latin American/World Music
• Cadiz, Granada, Asturias (Suite Española)- Albeniz
• Aquarela de Brasil – Barroso
• A Felicidade - Jobim
• Bulérias Flamenco Solo
• Canarios – Gasper Sanz
• Chega de Saudade - Jobim
• Cuiden Su Vida
• Bolero – Cataluyud
• Danza Guarani – Barrios
• Suite Venezolano No. 2 - Lauro
• Spanish Romance
• Kal Ho Naa Ho
• Koi Ladki Hai
• Lagrima - Tarrega
• The Mission - Morricone
• Tico Tico no Fuba
• Samba Do Aviao - Jobim
• Soleares - Turina
• Suite Brésilienne – Villa-Lobos
• Suraj Hua Maddham
• Valsa Primavera – Barrios
Popular Music Arrangements
• All You Need is Love - The Beatles
• Angels - Robbie Williams
• Auld Lang Syne – Traditional
• Careless Whisper – George Michael
• Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
• Don't Worry Baby - The Beach Boys
• Don’t want to miss a thing - Aerosmith
• Don’t Know Why - Norah Jones
• Evergreen - Barbara Streisand
• Hallelujah – Leonard Cohen
• Happy - Pharrell Williams
• Have I Told You Lately - Van Morrison
• Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles
• Here, There and Everywhere - The Beatles
• Isn’t she lovely – Stevie Wonder
• Make you feel my love – Bob Dylan
• My Heart Will Go On (Theme from “Titanic”)
• No Matter What - Boyzone
• Perhaps Love - John Denver
• She Loves You - The Beatles
• Someone Like You - Adele
• The Godfather Theme
• Wonderwall - Oasis
• Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
• Valerie – Amy Winehouse
• You are not alone – Michael Jackson
• Yesterday - The Beatles
Show Tune/Jazz Standards
• Ain’t Misbehavin’ – Fats Waller
• All Of Me – John Legend
• All the Things You Are – Jerome Kern
• Days of Wine and Roses – Henry Mancini
• Der Dritte Mann, Harry Lime Theme
• Don’t Get Around Much Anymore – Duke Ellington
• Fly me to the Moon – Bart Howard
• Georgia on my Mind – Hoagy Carmichael
• Girl From Ipanema – T Jobim
• Godfather theme
• I dreamed a dream – Claude-Michel Schöenberg
• Londonderry Air -
• My Favourite Things – Richard Rodgers
• My Romance – Richard Rodgers
• Our Love is Here to Stay – George Gershwin
• Scarborough Fair – Simon & Garfunkel
• Someday my prince will come – Frank Churchill
• Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Harold Arlen
• Summertime – George Gershwin
• The Way You Look Tonight – Jerome Kern
• Triste – T. Jobim
• Zorba The Greek Theme