Services From Tomas Ferreira
The classical guitar provides a wonderful air of sophistication to any event, and Tomas does not disappoint with his acute precision and mastering of the instrument.
Played with care and attention to detail, Tomas provides alluring and enchanting renditions of popular and classical pieces, perfect for wedding receptions, church ceremonies, corporate events , Valentine’s Day events and many more.
An award winning performer with vast amounts of experience honing his craft at venues across the UK, Tomas's outstanding versatility on his instrument sees him offer a range of diverse genres from across the decades - you'll see beautiful re-imagined versions of songs from artists such as the Beatles, Oasis and Eric Clapton right up to Beyoncé and Adele in addition to big classical guitar numbers, jazz standards and music from Latin america.
If you're looking to hire a solo guitarist for your event, please get in touch.
Sarah Hines• Oct. 18, 2019
Tomas contacted me very promptly and introduced himself. Closer to the day, Tomas sent me his playlist but kindly played 2 songs that weren’t on there. One he knew and one he kindly learnt for us.
On the day, Tomas played beautifully for both the ceremony and drinks reception.
Tomas kept me well informed leading up to the day so that we were both clear about what should happen.
I would gladly recommend anyone who would like and enjoys guitar music at its best!
Sarah & Lee
Graham Smith• March 26, 2019
Thomas could not be faulted. His musical abilities were superb and all my guests commented on his performance and choice of music. He is also a charming character and I have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone who wants a very professional artist for a special occasion.
Claire Morrell• July 24, 2021
On a sunny day in July my daughter and her partner had the wedding of their dreams in the garden of our family home. The day was made even more magical by the sublime music, played with unobtrusive charm by Tomas. His guitar playing was wonderful. As one guest said, “I didn’t even get to the entry of the bride, I started crying for the beauty of the music!” We will always be grateful that he was a part of our day and he will probably never know what an important part he played.
Abdul Chowdry• June 6, 2021
Tomas was professional and thorough throughout. Communication was faultless, he was well dressed and punctual, very accommodating to my requests and of course a supremely talented guitarist. He played an hour continuously in a noisy outdoor setting for a small audience without any issues. If you're in doubt, book this man for your event!"
Karlene Parsons• May 30, 2021
Tomas was absolutely wonderful and we’re so glad he could play for us. He plays beautifully and flawlessly and really transforms the ambience in the room. He’s such a friendly, kind person and is super organised, taking care of everything for you. We cannot recommend him highly enough and will definitely be booking him in again in the future. Thanks again Tomas!
Jack Brierely• July 27, 2019
Tomas was a pleasure to deal with from start to finish, an absolute gentleman. His skilled performance added an air of effortless class to our wedding day which was appreciated by and commented on by all in attendance.
How long do you play for?
A typical performance is two forty-five minute set lists. The longest I will play for on a gig is three forty-five minute sets. The shortest is one forty-five minute or just a wedding ceremony by itself.
Do you have your own PA and lighting?
I have my own PA but not lighting.
Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?
Yes and yes.
How much space do you require?
I require a space of a minimum two by two meters in size. I also need to be within ten meters of a plug socket or else you will need to provide some extra extension leads.
My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?
Provided it can be suitably arranged for solo guitar, then yes! If you give me more than a month's notice, there is an additional fee of £15 per tune for me to learn it, and with less than a month, it's £30. Please note that it's very unlikely I will do requests on the day if they haven't been agreed upon beforehand.
How many breaks do you take? How long are they?
I take a break after every forty-five minute set. A break will not last longer than fifteen minutes.
Traditional Wedding Music
• Bridal Chorus - Wagner
• The Prince of Denmark - Clarke
• Amazing Grace- Newton
• Wedding March = Mendelssohn
• Trumpet Tune - Purcell
• Canon in D - Pachelbel
• The Arrival Of The Queen Of Sheba - Handel
• Jesus, Joy of Man’s Desiring - Bach
• La Cavatina – Theme from Deer Hunter
• Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven
• Classical Gas - Williams
• Clair de Lune - Debussy
• Rodrigo: Concerto D’Aranjuez (2nd movement) – J Rodrigo
• Gymnopédie No. 1 – Satie
• Gnossienne no.1 - Satie
• From a Foreign Land – Schumann
• Green and Golden – R Towner
• Ode to Joy
• Blue Danube
Spanish/Latin American/World Music
• Cadiz, Granada, Asturias (Suite Española)- Albeniz
• Aquarela de Brasil – Barroso
• A Felicidade - Jobim
• Bulérias Flamenco Solo
• Canarios – Gasper Sanz
• Chega de Saudade - Jobim
• Cuiden Su Vida
• Bolero – Cataluyud
• Danza Guarani – Barrios
• Suite Venezolano No. 2 - Lauro
• Spanish Romance
• Kal Ho Naa Ho
• Koi Ladki Hai
• Lagrima - Tarrega
• The Mission - Morricone
• Tico Tico no Fuba
• Samba Do Aviao - Jobim
• Soleares - Turina
• Suite Brésilienne – Villa-Lobos
• Suraj Hua Maddham
• Valsa Primavera – Barrios
Popular Music Arrangements
• All You Need is Love - The Beatles
• Angels - Robbie Williams
• Auld Lang Syne – Traditional
• Careless Whisper – George Michael
• Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
• Don't Worry Baby - The Beach Boys
• Don’t want to miss a thing - Aerosmith
• Don’t Know Why - Norah Jones
• Evergreen - Barbara Streisand
• Hallelujah – Leonard Cohen
• Happy - Pharrell Williams
• Have I Told You Lately - Van Morrison
• Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles
• Here, There and Everywhere - The Beatles
• Isn’t she lovely – Stevie Wonder
• Make you feel my love – Bob Dylan
• My Heart Will Go On (Theme from “Titanic”)
• No Matter What - Boyzone
• Perhaps Love - John Denver
• She Loves You - The Beatles
• Someone Like You - Adele
• The Godfather Theme
• Wonderwall - Oasis
• Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
• Valerie – Amy Winehouse
• You are not alone – Michael Jackson
• Yesterday - The Beatles
Show Tune/Jazz Standards
• Ain’t Misbehavin’ – Fats Waller
• All Of Me – John Legend
• All the Things You Are – Jerome Kern
• Days of Wine and Roses – Henry Mancini
• Der Dritte Mann, Harry Lime Theme
• Don’t Get Around Much Anymore – Duke Ellington
• Fly me to the Moon – Bart Howard
• Georgia on my Mind – Hoagy Carmichael
• Girl From Ipanema – T Jobim
• Godfather theme
• I dreamed a dream – Claude-Michel Schöenberg
• Londonderry Air -
• My Favourite Things – Richard Rodgers
• My Romance – Richard Rodgers
• Our Love is Here to Stay – George Gershwin
• Scarborough Fair – Simon & Garfunkel
• Someday my prince will come – Frank Churchill
• Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Harold Arlen
• Summertime – George Gershwin
• The Way You Look Tonight – Jerome Kern
• Triste – T. Jobim
• Zorba The Greek Theme