Tim Clarke - The Sax Man
I'm an Award-winning Wedding Saxophonist (2019, 2017) but also a Saxophone Player for Events whether formal or informal: a Birthday, Wedding Anniversary or Retirement Party; a Christening; a Funeral; a Dinner or Function etc. I've just been awarded the silver Certificate of Excellence by top UK wedding site Bridebook: I was just 1 wedding review away from being awarded Gold (my non-wedding reviews did not qualify towards the award).
If you're looking specifically for a wedding sax player, live music on sax during any stage of the day - the Wedding Service/Ceremony, the Drinks Reception, the Photography, the Wedding Breakfast, the Evening Interlude and/or even during the Evening Reception (I've played during every stage) creates an amazing ambience - unlike any other option. See my extensive repertoire here on Poptop - full of favourite wedding songs, which is continually up-dated. What's more I can play freestyle alongside your DJ for added variety.
You can rely on me not just for a...
Stacy Birchall• 28 Jun 2019
Tim was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. He played at our wedding reception for 3 hours, he knew exactly how to work the room and everyone enjoyed listening to him play.
Hanif• 21 Oct 2018
We booked Tim for a Charity event and it proved to be a great decision. Great repertoire of tunes which were played beautifully and really enjoyed by the guests. Very flexible in his approach and will definitely use Tim again for our events.
Roger Inglis• 30 Jul 2019
Tim was great, blended in and entered into the spirit. Did what was asked, what was expected, couldn't ask for more. He did exceed expectation with his preparation and willingness to take on such a small role.
bethany• 17 Aug 2018
Great saxophone player, reasonable price and lovely man, great addition to our wedding, would definetly recommend Tim to anyone.
Sophie Lupton• 31 Dec 2018
"We booked Tim as a last minute act for our NYE Hollywood party. He was wonderful considering how last minute we contacted him. He managed to prepare music which was great for the theme and atmosphere. Great choices for the time of evening. Our only thing was that he did not introduce himself befpre starting. This, however was our fault as we didnt ask him to introduce himself.
All in all i would highly recommend Tim, he was perfect for what we needed and the quality of his playing was top notc...
- How long do you play for?I can play for as long as the client wishes me to play, but I like to take a break every hour or so.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have my own PA system. Lighting isn't a useful extra for a saxophonist so I don't provide lighting.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?I have! PLI is through the Musicians Union. All electrical equipment is PAT tested or still under guarantee.
- How much space do you require?My minimum comfortable area is 6' x 3'.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I will always endeavour to source a good-quality backing track for any song requested which I don't already have. I do have a huge tracklist already so clients usually find all they need is readily available.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Breaks taken are agreed first with the client and timed to avoid minimal disruption. Any breaks are generally a max of 15mins unless it's a lunch break.
I play the tenor, alto and soprano saxes, each with its unique sound-quality, as well as the clarinet (which enhances a Vintage or Gatsby-themed Wedding or event). My vast and ever-developing reperto...