The thumping tommys are a collection of talented musicians specialising in old-time music. Having played at many great festival stages, bars and cafes, the thumping tommys play a heady brew of Irish and American folk music performed with a distinctly English style, which has established them as one of the most entertaining groups working in the UK right now.
- Who are your previous clients?Jim Beam, Easy Jet, Bare Foot, Southbank Centre, Carphone Warehouse, E.L James
- How long do you play for?usually 2x45 minute sets
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?we have our own PA
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?yes
- How much space do you require?3x2 metres square
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?we charge a little extra if we need to learn a specific tune
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually 15 minutes, but up to the client
- What are the highlights of your career?Touring Europe as Jim Beams' house band. We have played all over Europe and UK at many festivals
Typical tunes include:
Wagon Wheel – Old Crow Medicine Show
Galway Girl – Sharron Shannon
Folsom Prison Blues – Johnny Cash
Hound Dog – Elvis Presley
Man of Constant Sorrow - Soggy Bottom Boys
I Got ...