The wild food kitchen offers wild and rustic style catering done with Cornish wild game, locally sourced produce and wild foraged foods. We have a passion for food and our aim is to bring you a taste of the countryside with our gourmet delights for your wedding, party or event in Cornwall and beyond.
Our festival menu includes (depending on the season)
-Wild garlic and nettle falafel, (with home made hummus slaw and sauces and a choice of bread)
-Slow cooked marinated and smoked wild venison, (with home made slaw and sauces and a choice of bread)
-Wild rabbit bunny chow (a south African rabbit curry and a bread bowl)
-Seared wild wood pigeon pita. (served with salad and elderberry reduction)
-Home made seaweed brownies
-Elderberry and elderflower cordial,
Why Choose Us?
- Edible wild food is super healthy and packed full of nutrients many of the foods we use are known as "superfoods" and contain a wide range of the good stuff
- We try to make everything ourselves from scratch. This means we do our own butchery, make our own sources, marinades everything where possible. This means we can create high quality produce and know exactly what goes in to the food we create
- The wild game we use is sourced from the wild which means it has had the best possible most natural life eating a wide ranging natural diet from the wilderness making it super lean,super healthy and super ethical.
-Where we can we source locally and support small traders and farmers cutting out the big supermarkets and middle men.
- Our wild and foraged food consciously harvested by us ensuring any wild food supply is not over picked or damaged and can regrow sustainably.
Our HY horse box van
Over the last year we have been working on our own colourful hand painted wild food wagon a French Citroen hy horse box van to vend our wild food at events. We wanted to find a vehicle that would epitomise what we do and represent the countryside so thought a horsebox would suit us perfectly.
When restoring and refurbishing the van we wanted to make it as sustainable as possible so we have used recycled materials creating something that looks quite different to anything else you may see.
- What services do you offer?catering, banquet menus, feast menus, bbq menus, tailor made for weddings
- Is it possible to adapt/modify the menu?yes
- What kind of cuisine do you offer?rustic and wild, bbq, british/world cuisine
- What is included in the menu?our menus are hand made for the customer with choices given from our website www.wildfoodkitchen.com
catering, wedding catering, street food catering, feast catering wild and rustic catering