The Whistler and Piper are Tad Sargent and Dominic Henderson who have formed a new duo to showcase the traditional Irish music that they have grown up playing and spent their career refining. Capturing the ancient and haunting sounds of the uilleann pipes and tin whistle, Tad and Dominic can emulate many of their influences such as Liam O’Flynn, Clannad, The Chieftains and Enya, to provide any event with the echoes of Celtic lullabies, Irish airs and graceful tunes.
Tad and Dominic have frequently travelled globally playing for various artists, theatre troops, as well as working together on projects and individually as session musicians.
Ruth Quigley• July 2, 2018
I heard this duo some weeks ago, at The Irish Cultural in Hammersmith - my friend, Juliet Simpson, and I were very impressed with their hauntingly beautiful music and I believe that the other attendees thought the same, given the applause they received.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Perfect for Wedding ceremonies or for more reflective services such as funerals.
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, The Royal Albert Hall, and appearing on Tony Christie's album Irish Song Book
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We can learn any song (within melodic reason) and play that song for clients on our Celtic instruments. Both musicians work is being played frequently on the folk radio stations across the country. Clients may rest assured that googling our names will highlight our dominance in our fields Our attention to the client's needs is of paramount importance. We NEVER turn up late and we always make sure our performance is delivered perfectly everytime. We are also very reasonable in regards to our prices
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings Funerals Birthday Parties Corporate Events Showcase Events Festivals
- Who are your previous clients?As a duo this is new venture, However individually we have played with/for: Tony Christie Cara Dillon Shakespeare's Globe Theatre Hermes (Fashion label) Tourism Ireland the list is vast...
- How can event planners pay for your services?Online via PopTop or by requesting (through PopTop) to have us sign up to companies payment systems
- How long do you play for?depends on booking circumstances Usually, a wedding ceremony is 30 mins parties up to 2 hours 3-4 hours upon negotiation
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, if needed
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes both
- How much space do you require?hardly any, space for two people to sit down!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes we can learn any tune (song melody), and in special circumstances we can sing.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Short breaks within reason. If we can play straight through we will
Some of the numbers we do (we can also learn songs for clients)
Fields of Athenry
Cliffs of Dooneen
Sí Beg Sí Mhor
Morning Has Broken
We can play during ceremonies, services, and also after parties where Celtic background music is needed to provide the perfect atmosphere for an event