The Grand Central Trio is an established vintage jazz band that has created the perfect atmosphere at numerous weddings and events throughout the UK on countless occasions. Their love for music mixed with the happy, charismatic way they perform make them an invaluable addition to any event that requires a touch of class, swinging jazz, and all round great entertainment!
With an ever-expanding repertoire of jazz classics, The Grand Central Trio can provide the perfect sound to create a vintage vibe at any event. Additionally, The Grand Central Trio perform some modern pop songs arranged in a jazzy style for those who want the sounds of vintage jazz, whilst being able to dance along to some songs they recognise.
Tom is an exciting Jazz Saxophonist from Portsmouth. He is a First-Class graduate from The University of Chichester, and has played at hundreds of venues all over the UK. Included are the prestigious events Cheltenham Jazz Festival, Soho Pizza Express Jazz Club, and The Royal Festival Hall. Also, Tom performs regularly across the country as a vastly experienced jazz pianist.
Nick Reynolds (Head of Jazz at Chichester University) had this to say about Tom.
‘Tom is a talented and versatile saxophone player with a great future ahead of him. His impressive technique is matched by a mature sense of musicianship and he has a comprehensive understanding of how to fluently negotiate a broad range of repertoire. Tom’s outlook is highly professional and he is sensitive to the requirements of the different settings he performs in.’
The Grand Central Trio can also perform as a duo (saxophone and guitar) or quartet (female singer, bass, drums and Tom on piano and sax!) to suite your event.
Rebecca Hewett• May 25, 2019
The Tom Belbin Duo were fabulous! Perfect for our wedding and I’d not hesitate to recommend or book them again.
Sarah• Aug. 15, 2017
"They were fantastic and will definitely have them back at another event.
Thank you very much"
Dr Moon-Moon Majumdar• May 11, 2019
We didn't get to enjoy The Tom Belbin Trio as much as we would have liked to as we were away being photographed but all of our guests unprompted told us how fantastic the music was! We managed to catch some of the end of the band who played for us during our wedding breakfast welcome drinks outside and they played beautifully, creating a lovely relaxed and fun atmosphere for our guests. They sounded great. We really appreciated you playing for us - like I say above numerous people told us you were great. Many thanks Moon-Moon
Charlotte Trull - House of Commons• May 10, 2019
the band was fabulous and great to work with. Extremely professional and kind, even when you had to move your placement after you had already set up J I would highly recommend them for any event whether private, personal or corporate. Thanks again for everything!
Jessica• Dec. 9, 2017
I booked Tom and his band for our Christmas party recently. The booking process was quick and simple. It was a pleasure to have a group of such talented musicians to play at our event and it went down very well with our guests who all had a brilliant evening. Would definitely recommend- 10/10!
Tom Barrett• Aug. 5, 2017
We wanted to say a huge thank you for your performance on our wedding day. The bride didn't have a clue and it was such a great surprise for her and the guests. You guys were on top form and I was seriously impressed with your style and professionalism. You played all the great tracks we were hoping for, and I am glad the weather held out and you could play, as all the guests kept commenting on how great it was to have you there.
Services From The Grand Central Trio
Saxophone Trio - 2 x 45 Minutes
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Professional Jazz Trio, perfect for weddings, parties and more!
- What are the highlights of your career?Performing at the Savoy Hotel and Soho Pizza Express Jazz Club
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We perform a mix of jazz and contemporary songs in a jazzy style! We also provide PA and backing music between sets for free!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We usually play at Weddings, Parties, Hotels, Bars, Restaurants and many more!
- Who are your previous clients?The Savoy Hotel, Goodwood, Soho Pizza Express Jazz Club, West Dean College, Oxford Fashion Studio, Ferrari Car Auction, Mr Fogg's Bars Mayfair/Covent Garden, University Of Chichester, Thorney Island Sailing Club, La Havana Jazz Club and Private Clients.
- How long do you play for?Usually 2 x 45mins sets with a short break in between. However we are happy to play for 3 or 4 sets, just ask and we'll send over a quote!
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We can provide our own PA system if necessary and small lights. Also happy to provide background music between sets for free!
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have Public Liability Insurance for all members and all our equipment is fully PAT tested.
- How much space do you require?We can fit into a space as small as 3m wide by 2m deep. We are happy to squeeze into most areas!
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We are more than happy to learn a tune if there is a specific song that is not on our current repertoire list! If there is more than one or a list of songs you would like us to play, we may have to add on an additional charge.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We usually take a 15min break for every 45mins that we play. We are happy to work around this if there is a specific requirement.
All Of Me
All The Things You Are
Beyond The Sea
Bye Bye Blackbird
Cheek To Cheek
Come Fly With Me
Cry Me A River
Fly Me To The Moon
A Foggy Day
The Gentle Rain
Georgia On My Mind
The Girl From Ipanema
Have You Met Miss Jones
How High The Moon
I Got Rhythm
In A Sentimental Mood
It Don't Mean A Thing
The Lady Is A Tramp
Like Someone In Love
Lullaby Of Birdland
Mack The Knife
My Favourite Things
My Funny Valentine
My One And Only Love
A Night In Tunisia
Now's The Time
Out Of Nowhere
Softly As In A Morning Sunrise
Someday My Prince Will Come
Stella By Starlight
Take the A Train
The Way You Look Tonight
There Will Never Be Another You
Pop Songs (in a Jazz style):
Shape of you
Thinking Out Loud
Requests available for a small extra charge.