The Swinging 60s are a 3-piece live band, based in Kent, performing all over the UK. They specialise solely in fabulous hits of the 1960s. Band members, Andy, Dave and Leah, are an enthusiastic, lively group who are passionate about the music they perform. They have an excellent reputation for putting on a sixties show full of enthusiasm, dedication and professionalism. Their repertoire is vast and varied, guaranteed to suit all ages and have people dancing and singing along all night. They are available for all types of events, indoor/outdoor, from small parties to large corporate/wedding functions/festivals/clubs etc.
Toby• 13 Jun 2016
Great band, had everybody on the dance floor!!!
Lynda• 16 May 2017
Thanks so much for yesterday, it was perfect. Andy you got the atmosphere just right for our celebration in honour of mums life. She would've loved it, and lots of the songs you sung were amongst her favourites. Thanks again, it was a very special day.
Sara• 26 Jun 2017
Thank you so much for Saturday night. Everyone loved you. I have had a lot of people asking me for your details as they would like to book you in the future. You made the night stress free for me. My mum and dad said you were the best band that they had ever seen and they were so pleased with my choice. Next time I arrange a party I will definitely book you guys. Thanks so much xx
Sally• 30 Nov 2016
"What a fabulous find The Swinging 60's were. Booked for my husbands 70th party.
Brilliant evening with expert guitarists and singing. Would recommend any time for a warm fun evening. Can't wait to see Andy Dave and Leah again. Andy's knowledge of 60's and his banter is an extra treat.
Thank you for making Colin's evening"
Keith Rumblo• 15 Sep 2018
A great night and the Swinging 60s created a fantastic atmosphere. I would recommend the band to anyone organizing a Dinner Dance or a similar type of event.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?PA - yes. Lighting - minimal (mostly led disco-style floor lights).
- How much space do you require?We have a lot of equipment so in small spaces it hinders our performance as we are then confined and restricted on movement (although it does not affect the vocal performance). That said, we try to be as flexible as possible and certainly do not expect a large stage at every event. We also ask event organisers to give some thought to providing a changing room/green room area, as we have stage costumes to change into.
- How long do you play for?Usually 2 - 3 hours but have played longer on several occasions.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes!
- What are the highlights of your career?Performing at Alexandra Palace London...The Winter Gardens Margate...Quex Park....and the good ol' Whitstable Regatta every year! In years gone by, the lads were in a band that won "Opportunity Knocks" twice.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Birthdays, Weddings, Anniversaries, Retirements, Corporate functions, beer festivals, vintage car shows, various clubs, hotels, village halls, social clubs - gatherings of all sizes from 50 people to several thousands!
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash on the night, or cheque in advance.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Our songs are not listed on this site so you would need to contact us to find out if we do the song you require. If it is already within our repertoire then we can certainly add it into the performance for you.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We take very few breaks, dependent upon the event. As a rough guide, for a 3 hour gig we would take a couple of breaks lasting 10-15 mins each.
The Swinging 60s have such a vast repertoire that they do not list every song of each set list they have. The songs they perform are top hits from artists such as The Hollies, The Small Faces, The Ki...