The Swinging 60s are a 3-piece live band, based in Kent, performing all over the UK. They specialise solely in fabulous hits of the 1960s. Band members, Andy, Dave and Leah, are an enthusiastic, lively group who are passionate about the music they perform. They have an excellent reputation for putting on a sixties show full of enthusiasm, dedication and professionalism. Their repertoire is vast and varied, guaranteed to suit all ages and have people dancing and singing along all night. They are available for all types of events, indoor/outdoor, from small parties to large corporate/wedding functions/festivals/clubs etc.
Keith Rumblo• Sept. 15, 2018
A great night and the Swinging 60s created a fantastic atmosphere. I would recommend the band to anyone organizing a Dinner Dance or a similar type of event.
Heather Cheeseman• Sept. 1, 2018
"Thank you Andy, Leah & Dave
You were absolutely brilliant at our 25th Anniversary Party our guests spoke so highly of you all,. You certainly were the icing on our cake.
I hope one day that we actually get the opportunity to hire or see you all again.
Many thanks again.
Heather & Nigel xx"
SANDRA MAY• Aug. 11, 2018
Leah was not well but Andy and Dave did not let us down ,it was a great evening lots of lovely comments from our party guest . would have them again.
Christine crawley• Feb. 24, 2018
What a fantastic night these guys were amazing and made my mum's surprise party a very special evening .I would recommend the swinging 60s to anyone looking for entertainment for an amazing night.
Sara• June 26, 2017
Thank you so much for Saturday night. Everyone loved you. I have had a lot of people asking me for your details as they would like to book you in the future. You made the night stress free for me. My mum and dad said you were the best band that they had ever seen and they were so pleased with my choice. Next time I arrange a party I will definitely book you guys. Thanks so much xx
Lynda• May 16, 2017
Thanks so much for yesterday, it was perfect. Andy you got the atmosphere just right for our celebration in honour of mums life. She would've loved it, and lots of the songs you sung were amongst her favourites. Thanks again, it was a very special day.
Services From The Swinging 60s
3-piece 60s band with male/female vocals and electric guitars
- What are the highlights of your career?Performing at Alexandra Palace London...The Winter Gardens Margate...Quex Park....and the good ol' Whitstable Regatta every year! In years gone by, the lads were in a band that won "Opportunity Knocks" twice.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Birthdays, Weddings, Anniversaries, Retirements, Corporate functions, beer festivals, vintage car shows, various clubs, hotels, village halls, social clubs - gatherings of all sizes from 50 people to several thousands!
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash on the night, or cheque in advance.
- How long do you play for?Usually 2 - 3 hours but have played longer on several occasions.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?PA - yes. Lighting - minimal (mostly led disco-style floor lights).
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes!
- How much space do you require?We have a lot of equipment so in small spaces it hinders our performance as we are then confined and restricted on movement (although it does not affect the vocal performance). That said, we try to be as flexible as possible and certainly do not expect a large stage at every event. We also ask event organisers to give some thought to providing a changing room/green room area, as we have stage costumes to change into.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Our songs are not listed on this site so you would need to contact us to find out if we do the song you require. If it is already within our repertoire then we can certainly add it into the performance for you.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We take very few breaks, dependent upon the event. As a rough guide, for a 3 hour gig we would take a couple of breaks lasting 10-15 mins each.
The Swinging 60s have such a vast repertoire that they do not list every song of each set list they have. The songs they perform are top hits from artists such as The Hollies, The Small Faces, The Kinks, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Turtles, The Who, The Searchers, Everly Brothers, Roy Orbison, The Troggs, to name just a few.